Hacking SNEEK+DI quick guide

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bazamuffin said:
M1r0 said:
I installed HBC 1.0.7, but now it is still giving me scam sign, but goes away after 5 minutes.

Did you replace the .tik file from REAL nand dump into your EMU nand as per the guide?

Quote from "Installing HBC 1.0.7"

8. Then manually copy and replace your original Bootmii NAND/ticket/00010001/af1bf516.tik to Sneek NAND/ticket/00010001/af1bf516.tik

I am using my own NAND dump, do I need to do this?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
can anyone who is using the new priiloader hacks_hash.ini tell me if they have the following file on their nand?

NAND\title000001000002\data\hacks_hash.ini

I know the oldstyle priiloader hacks.ini is saved to the same place, so I would assume that the new hacks_hash.ini is still saved there, but can some1 please confirm?

Thanks!

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think hacks_hash works. I would recommend having modmii just use the old version, hacks_hash is very buggy.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
on a related note, what version of priiloader would people prefer to have automatically installed to their emulated nands? Priiloader v0.4 or v0.7?
AFAIK the only problem with newer versions is the installer, but we don't need to use the installer to add priiloader to an emulated nand so it's not an issue.

B

BryceOne

Is there anything someone can recommend to speed up an emulated NAND after installing many VC/WiiWare titles to it?

webugoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
XFlak said:
can anyone who is using the new priiloader hacks_hash.ini tell me if they have the following file on their nand?

I know the oldstyle priiloader hacks.ini is saved to the same place, so I would assume that the new hacks_hash.ini is still saved there, but can some1 please confirm?

Thanks!

I have the hacks.ini and hacks_s.ini priiloader V4

hellboy2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:

Thanks!

i am using the new hacks_hash.ini and this is what i have on that folder.

captureyoe.png

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xflak: Yes, I did both of those. But now it shows scam warning, and after a couple of minutes prompts me to press 1.

webugoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
XFlak said:
priiloader has an option in its settings to launch bootmii @ startup. However, I tried using priiloader v0.4 to launch sneek the other day directly from priiloader and it told me ppcboot.elf was missing and it was unable to boot into bootmii (ppcboot.elf is a file required to launch bootmii @ IOS but not required to launch s/uneek). I'm not sure if this limitation was removed in newer versions of priiloader... but either way u can install BootIOS.dol as a file in any version of pre/priiloader and it will reload to IOS254 (ie. launching bootmii or s/uneek) without checking for ppcboot.elf.

https://github.com/downloads/Vithon/bootios/BootIOS.dol

This worked - Well updated to priiloader V6 first then installed the BootIOS. Now the wii boots to UNEEK+DI.. cool

Next part is the switch2uneek

B

BryceOne

When I first started using Uneed-DI, I installed some WiiWare/VC titles. They all worked great, so I continued installing more of them.. Now I'm finding many titles I had installed earlier have stopped working. Is this common issue? I'm using ShowMiiWads to install them, should I be using something different?

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you update, preform any changes on your wii besides installing more wads? Maybe accidently installed nonworking duplicates that wrote over the old ones?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
hellboy2010 said:
XFlak said:

Thanks!

i am using the new hacks_hash.ini and this is what i have on that folder.

captureyoe.png
thanks!

can you open "hackshas" in a text editor and confirm for me if it has the same content as your hacks_hash.ini that was on your SD Card initially?

Also, if u could open hacksh_s in a text editor and confirm it has a bunch of empty spaces and blank lines

(this is how hacks.ini operates on the nand, so I'm assuming it should be the same)

@M1r0, my good friend scooby just informed me that the HBC v1.07 doesn't play well with s/uneek if it's using IOS58. So try again, but this time make sure HBC v1.07 is installed to IOS61 instead of IOS58 before packing the wad and dumping the ticket.

If u need to know how to force the hackmii installer to avoid installing to IOS58 (or any IOS u don't want to use) just patch, stub or delete it. Be very very careful not to delete or stub your system menu IOS!!!

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would HBC 1.0.8 running on IOS 61 be okay?

Edit: When I get past the scam warning, it tells me it's running on IOS 61?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Nvm i'm taking a break