Hacking SNEEK+DI quick guide

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What version of sneek + di are you using. Latest revisions of sneek2o + di will not work.
What cluster size is your sd(hc) card?
What nand are you using? It can take up to 10 minutes with a modmii created nand before the setup screens show up.

menyoo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Every1,

I'm very newbie to this topic. This is the first time i've ever done anything like this for my son. Any way, I used Modmii to hack the black Wii which I bought at Target a week ago and got everything working great. Here is my questions
1. can sneek load games from an USB HDD NTFS format?
2. Does all the files Uneek+DI (Apps, bootmiineek, ploader, sneek, wad, and neekbooter.dol) need to be on the SD card in order for JoyFlow working properly?

My 5 yrs son keeps taking the SD card out the wii console and throw it around the house all the time. I keep looking for it every time he wants to play games so I try to copy all the content in SD card to the usb HHD, but I get Joyflow DSI exception and freeze during loading.

Is there anyway I make neek2o joyflow loading from the USB HDD instead of the SD card?

Any help is greatly appreciate.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
1. No. It only works with fat(32) formatted partitions. It also requires a 32KB cluster size. (or smaller)
The partition needs to be the first primary partition on the harddisk. I believe it needs to be set active as well.

2. No idea. Uneek2o can work without sd card. The easy ways to launch a game are Joyflow and postloader.
I have no idea if one of those can work without sd card.

DiegoPabloBarrio

Trophies
XP
HI, somebody help me?

Sorry to my bad english, i speak español.

Ok, i try, need help to edit games names, when press boton 1 on the wiimote.

Example: GAME ALONE in the DARK see, AITD5_111_080403_EU, in list of games.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
after the sneek installer finishes it thing and i click the 'check instal' tab i get a not correct size error , what can i do to fix this ?

also comipling normalaly gives me this error

C:\Users\mark\Desktop\Wii\_sneek_\rev194\es>make clean
rm -f *.elf *.o *.bin *.d *.map

C:\Users\mark\Desktop\Wii\_sneek_\rev194\es>make
DEP string.d
DEP vsprintf.d
DEP syscalls.d
DEP main.d
DEP NAND.d
DEP ES.d
DEP utils_asm.d
DEP FS.d
DEP SMenu.d
DEP Config.d
DEP Dump.d
DEP SDI.d
DEP DI.d
DEP gecko.d
DEP alloc.d
DEP common.d
DEP font.d
DEP image.d
DEP start.d
AS start.o
CC image.o
CC font.o
CC common.o
CC alloc.o
CC gecko.o
CC DI.o
CC SDI.o
CC Dump.o
CC Config.o
Config.c: In function 'Config_GetSettingsString':
Config.c:135:2: warning: implicit declaration of function 'isascii'
CC SMenu.o
CC FS.o
AS utils_asm.o
CC ES.o
CC NAND.o
CC main.o
AS syscalls.o
CC vsprintf.o
CC string.o
LD esmodule.elf
c:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.5.1/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld
.exe: esmodule.elf section `.rodata' will not fit in region `code'
c:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.5.1/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld
.exe: region `code' overflowed by 448 bytes
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [esmodule.elf] Error 1

C:\Users\mark\Desktop\Wii\_sneek_\rev194\es>

Jademalo

Trophies
XP
Country
I know this thread seems to be dead, but I've got no idea where else to ask.

I cannot for the life of me get any apps to load from USB when using SNEEK, using both Homebrew Filter and a modified Homebrew Channel.
I can get apps to load from SD when using UNEEK, however, but I don't want that.

Has anyone got any advice?

szczuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi, sorry for posting in old thread but I have issue with Sneek. I'm trying to make emulated NAND. Everytime when i'm trying to book SNEEK it's end with black screen and blinking drive led (blinks non stop so I assume it's 5 x blink in loop which mean "Can't load kernel.bin from SD"). I've tried 2GB SD and 8GB SD both are detected in Wii HBC. I have PAL Wii with 4.3E. I'm making Emu with only ModMii 6.3.1 or Sneek Installer 0.7a + ModMii (ModMii only to download/create NAND). Odd thing is that Sneek installer after installing Sneek says that kernel.bin size is incorrect. Error happens every time no matter which version I'll choose (Sneek/Uneek - NAND on SD or NAND on USB [on usb I have first partition formatted in FAT32, cluster size 32kb, Primary and active]).

szczuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi, sorry for posting in old thread but I have issue with Sneek. I'm trying to make emulated NAND. Everytime when i'm trying to book SNEEK it's end with black screen and blinking drive led (blinks non stop so I assume it's 5 x blink in loop which mean "Can't load kernel.bin from SD"). I've tried 2GB SD and 8GB SD both are detected in Wii HBC. I have PAL Wii with 4.3E. I'm making Emu with only ModMii 6.3.1 or Sneek Installer 0.7a + ModMii (ModMii only to download/create NAND). Odd thing is that Sneek installer after installing Sneek says that kernel.bin size is incorrect. Error happens every time no matter which version I'll choose (Sneek/Uneek - NAND on SD or NAND on USB [on usb I have first partition formatted in FAT32, cluster size 32kb, Primary and active]).

Bump, anyone?

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
For sneek + DI, it's normal that you can't access your usb drive as it's used by the DI module.
neek2o uses a special trick to give homebrew back usb drive access, but the homebrew needs to be modified for it to work.
HBF should have these mods, but the HBC isn't.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yup but I can't even run SNEEK. Sterting SNEEK end with blinking drive led.
I used to be a uneek user, but now I am having the same problem.
Uneek+DI won't even initialize fo a first run, blinking disc slot led no matter what.
Pulling my hair right now!
I did not change my hardware, using rev 96 ( modmii )

szczuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I used to be a uneek user, but now I am having the same problem.
Uneek+DI won't even initialize fo a first run, blinking disc slot led no matter what.
Pulling my hair right now!
I did not change my hardware, using rev 96 ( modmii )

I've managed to run SNEEK but ONLY using rev95.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

rennsport

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get the black screen, but then my Wii disk drive just flashes occasionally. Any suggestions? It has been 18 minutes...

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
I remember I had SNEEK running kinda when it first came out 4yrs or so ago. I can't get it to work anymore. SD's formatted Fat32, default cluster size through Easeus. Using my own extracted nand backup or virgin nand and ModMii Sneek or even Sneek+DI install rev 95 or 96, and move folder/files to SD root. Always resulting in black screen and nothing even after 10mins, Where am I going wrong? It bloody worked a long time ago too lol.[EDIT] Even tried Hielkenators nand link and used the nand from there, to no avail, hmm.

Sky Design

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to revive this topic, I had it working before my usb took its own life.
But without installing the wad on the actual console, I just wanted to do it through my sd card mainly for space. Course each loader won't play the n64 games, black screen yada yada. Issue I've come face to face with now since I'm stuck with an SD Card, is, and I had this issue with USB HDD too. The infamous "Reloading bootmii ios!" No drive light, just stuck on that. Now I've come to two conclusions-

1.) I didn't and can't install Sneek+DI right
or
2.) I really actually need a Wii game dumped into my wbfs/games folder, which i don't have

If someone can shed light on this please let me know. I've been trying to fix this for 12+ hours and I'm starting to just think I'd rather waste real nand space at this point. I just wanted something that's more convenient.

To note, yes the sd card is fat32, 32kb cluster or smaller. Yes my folders are correct.. At least to my knowledge they are.

Terribaddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
says "/bin/sh: /c/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/arm-eabi-gcc: No such file or directory" whenever I try to run build_boot2.cmd

You don't even need to do that, you just run the modmii setup and it downloads all the files you need.

Last edited by Terribaddy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...