Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
sorgelig said:
x1kris1x said:
can uneek run games through the disk channel?

the main purpose for SNEEK/UNEEK is to expand NAND memory and prevent internal NAND to wear-off. Also it gives you brick-proof, so you may do whatever you want without risk to brick your wii.
Game launching in SNEEK is very limited and more like proof-of-concept than for real usage.
Not to mention that UNEEK can't launch games from usb (yet). Only SNEEK+DI is capable of that currently.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
I've not read up on this recently but does anyone know if Crediar has "fixed" the illegal (in FAT) characters in some save names and WiiWare/VC ?

This imho is really needed so this can be polished.

I don't know the games in question, but at least one of the Harry Potter games cannot be extracted as it has a : in the name, so it would be cool if all the illegal characters were fixed.

Anyway, this is great
biggrin.gif

ricerobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jhoff80 said:
So I was trying to figure out with the new r105/r106 that use IOS80... does that mean that we need 0000000E.app and 00000001.app from IOS80, or do we still use the older ones?

I have the same question.
SNEEK+DI(rev80,102) works properly on my SM 4.2J by using 4.2J NAND except the disability of opening DI menu.
Just the other day, I have updated SM 4.3J, and re-hacked and installed cIOS249(rev19).
Then SNEEK+DI(rev80,102,106) cannot work by using 4.2J NAND, and SNEEK works properly.
I need 0000000e.app and 00000001.app from IOS80?

If I use the files??102? obtained by using SNEEKInstallerv0.1b3, does SNEEK+DI work properly?

PS; Excuse my poor english

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Can't find it mentioned in the FAQS but I was wondering if someone could help with a fairly trivial question ....

I did a full FS Dump and copied all the files to the root of my USB FAT32 drive. Ran the SNEEK Installer from the google code source and confirmed that all the files were in the right place. However, when I turn on the Wii it just goes to a black screen with the DVD drive light flashing intermittently.

What are the reasons for the flashing blue light ? I have uninstalled Priiloader from the USB NAND yet (but if I am reading correctly, this would only slow down SNEEK's loading not stop it working completely) ?

Is boot2.bin the only thing that needs to be added to the USB drive to get SNEEK working ? Or should the installer make changes inside the NAND folders as well ?

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
The drive flashes because it's loaded the armboot.bin and your sd card is too slow to handle the re-direct to the sneek binaries.

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
AdamBrunt said:
Ok - but I am not using SNEEK I am using (or at least thought I was) UNEEK.

Does that still involve the SD card ?

Yep, because the nand goes on your USB device, but armboot.bin and boot2.bin are still on your SD card.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AdamBrunt said:
Can't find it mentioned in the FAQS but I was wondering if someone could help with a fairly trivial question ....

I did a full FS Dump and copied all the files to the root of my USB FAT32 drive. Ran the SNEEK Installer from the google code source and confirmed that all the files were in the right place. However, when I turn on the Wii it just goes to a black screen with the DVD drive light flashing intermittently.

What are the reasons for the flashing blue light ? I have uninstalled Priiloader from the USB NAND yet (but if I am reading correctly, this would only slow down SNEEK's loading not stop it working completely) ?

Is boot2.bin the only thing that needs to be added to the USB drive to get SNEEK working ? Or should the installer make changes inside the NAND folders as well ?There is a lot of stuff that could cause that. You got a game on your drive ? How about the settings.txt ? 4.2 nand or 4.3 ?

Have you read through here, just wondering.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218...t=0&start=0

QUOTE(x1kris1x @ Jul 15 2010, 12:24 PM) how do i get USB microphone to work with rock band 2?

i use puneek, i load rock band from my usb hardrive into the disk channel. . it loads fine and all, but keeps saying " no logitech usb microphone detected" even thoe i have it plugged in... what gives!?

There is a specific ios you need to run that usb mic regardless of what your loading/playing it with. I can't remember exactly which ios, but if you run MMM and use it's IOS Manager, you can go through the ios's and it will tell you which one is required, I do remember that. Hope that helped.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Swapped my ancient SD card with a new SDHC and everything is working fine now (well SNEEK starts up eventually).

Just need to read up on how to get various things working with it.

Thanks for the help people.

zloty

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi all,

I've got SNEEK working fine on my SD card, and I've installed some VC and WiiWare WADS to the emulated NAND on the SD card just fine, and they all show up as channels once SNEEK is booted.

So far all WiiWare games I have installed run great, But some of my VC games exhibit problems:

All of the SNES & NES VC games I have tried (Mario Kart, Bubble Bobble, Elevator Action) all hang on a black screen directly after trying to load their channel. The remote becomes un-sync'd, and when I press any buttons on it during the black screen, all 4 lights flash and then turn off. Then I have no choice but to reset the system.

I've used ShowMiiWads to make sure I have the correct IOS's installed, so they're all there.

I've had success with Wonderboy for the SMS and Splatterhouse for TurboGrafx however, they run great.

But I also have a sound/video problem with N64 games, N64 VC games load and play (Wave Race 64 and Yoshi's Story), but the video doesn't seem to be at 100% and the sound stutters. Probably because it's not running at 100%. Has anyone else experienced this video / sound stuttering problem? Do you think I might have more success running SNEEK off my USB instead, because maybe the SD card isn't fast enough to play an N64 game?

EDIT: I have discovered that my problems don't like with SNEEK at all, but simply because I am trying to use NTSC games on my PAL system. So this info might be useful for anyone googling why their wiiware / VC games stutter or get blackscreens. I have loaded Wave Race 64 the PAL version into my SNEEK NAND and now it runs 100% with no graphical or sound problems. Likewise with any SNES or NES game I throw into the NAND--because my system is PAL, it's best to only run PAL wads. Sounds obvious now, but this took me a whole day to figure out
rolleyes.gif

ricerobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DIXES said:
ricerobo said:
@DIXES
May I ask you two questions?
1.Did you remove case481 and case 482 in SMenu.c?
2.Did you plug the GC controller into the 1st port?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1.No, I just added case480 in it. But as I said, it seems to have to wait about 1min, then SNEEK menu can be opened.
2.No, and I use Wiimote(must use first Wiimote) directly to open SNEEK menu and controll it.

Finally, thanks to your good advice, the SNEEK+DI menu could be opened.
I also have to wait about 1 mini holding the 1 button of Wiimote until the opning of menu.
I could start the two games, Pokemon Battle Revolution and New Super mario Bros, and I played them without any problem.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here come the problems again. i had sneek working, i even have a backup of the files that were working, it was for sneek+di. thats all good, its guaranteed to be working, it was before and the files were not touched since being saved.

now im trying to do a new install, i want to set up uneek, i just changed over to fat32 on my hdd, but NOTHING is working. ive tried two different and confirmed working nand dumps. is there any way to access older version of sneek using the installer or do i have to compile myself?

im trying to get a nand backup on uneek with darkcorp and some rb2 dlc, so the nand can be just the bare essentials. rb2 needs to be booted from disc to load dlc correctly so that is my goal. i've tried two different sd cards and two different usb drives (a 2gb thumb and 1tb hdd for wii stuff, both at fat32, both with 32kb cluster.)

ive got bootmii folder -> ppcboot.elf bootmii.ini armboot.bin, verified working nand dump in root of device (tried both SD and USB), and boot2.bin in the root (installed by installer.) what is the problem?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
here's a quote of chokeD's SNEEK+DI quick guide

QUOTE said:
Filestructure for UNEEK:
sd:\bootmii\armboot.bin
sd:\boot2.bin (boot2_usb.bin)
usb:\boot2.bin (boot2_usb.bin)
NAND
usb:\import
usb:\meta
usb:\shared1
usb:\shared2
usb:\temp
usb:\title

so ppcboot.elf and bootmii.ini are not required.

Also make sure your fat32 partition is set as primary

Now I have a Q, u say u just changed over to fat32... this implies that u had sneek working before on an NTFS hard drive... but I thought SNEEK+DI/UNEEK only worked on FAT32 drives. So my Q is, does SNEEK+DI/UNEEK also work on NTFS drives?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope you misinterpreted, i had sneek working on sd and on a thumb drive that was fat32, i just changed to fat32 for wii stuff, so i can use it for sneek. so i have a working version, but now that i booted the working version ( it is sneek + di) it freezes, it worked the first time i loaded it, its a clean 4.2u nand (updated from ninty) and has worked in the past, i played nsmbw from the di. now it freezes at health screen after that first boot.

goddamn sneek is picky.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wish there was someone who compiled this and posted it somewhere, if anyone has seen it please pm me a link. i found one that i still have its a corp'd 3.2u pretty sweet but was posted a long time ago and only works on sd.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i think i got the problem im facing, it seems that sneek does not like my hdd. is there a partition size limit for sneek? the backup copy i have of sneek works fine on my thumb drive, but fails on my 1tb hdd. it DID work but only one time. I tried to load a game from the di menu, it failed the first time because i didn't set the region, so i set the correct region and it locked up with the spinning disc. from then on out it freezes at health screen. is there any fix? anyone experience this and figure out how to work around it?

i can even boot a completely fresh (minimal files, =no ioses installed, needs an update from ninty or via wads) nand copy thats made with nus downloader. it goes through the settings and then locks up at health screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH