Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was told in an earlier post that I would need ppcboot.elf in the bootmii folder for this to run. Why would that help, because ppcboot.elf is just the Bootmii GUI?

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't really understand myself, but sneek starts when the bootmii gui boots system menu (hence ppcboot.elf).

wasabisun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi all,
information please, after i have compilated the sneek, and i have bootmii folder with armboot.bin and file boot2.bin , i have to put inside the bootmii folder the files:Ppcboot.elf, bootmii.ini, or is not necessary?

diazao

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Brazil
wasabisun said:
hi all,
information please, after i have compilated the sneek, and i have bootmii folder with armboot.bin and file boot2.bin , i have to put inside the bootmii folder the files:Ppcboot.elf, bootmii.ini, or is not necessary?
You have to.
Btw, i changed my SD card (it was a 2GB Kingston), to a 8GB SDHC and now i can get some apps working, just weird.
But the delay is the same
hate2.gif

wasabisun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
have tried this

Go to downloads page and download armboot.bin and efm.zip

Extract efm.zip into the same directory as armboot.bin is in, so there should be two elf files and armboot.bin in the directory.

Go to the source page and goto the Trunk directory. From the "ELFIns" directory, download "ELFIns.exe", and from the "Boot2Me??" directory download "Boot2Me??.exe" (to download them, open them, then click "View raw file" at the right hand side)

Put both .exe files in the same directory as the elf files and armboot.bin

Get NUSD, download IOS60v6174 and tick the "decrypt" box

Copy the decrypted "0000000e.app" to the same directory as the elf files, the exe files and armboot.bin

Download my SNEEK.bat from here: http://sifjar.hostoi.com/SNEEK.bat

Put the bat file in the same directory as all the other files

Double click the bat file

To anyone who is a contributor: If you could make a zip with armboot.bin, the ES & FS Modules, ELFIns.exe and Boot2Me?.exe, it would make life much easier. You could add my BAT file as well if you want (or make a better one =P), then all users would have to do is add 0000000e.app and run the BAT file.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ds22 said:
I can't get it to work, no matter what I try.
It keeps compiling it bad.
Throwing messages like "file not found" while I have the source code.

This comment helped me:

Just realised though; You no longer need devkitPro, or Python, or an SVN client. Everything that actually needs compiled now has binaries on the download page. You just download the two files from there (ES & FS Module zip and armboot.bin), extract the zip, download ELFIns.exe and Boot2Me?.exe (you can download these by going to the Source tab, navigating to them in "Trunk" directory, opening them then selecting "View RAW file" on the right hand side), get 0000000e.app, run ELFIns twice on it (once to add ES module, once for FS module), then run Boot2Me? on it, and you're done. Just copy the boot2.bin to the root of SD card and copy armboot.bin to BootMii? folder.

along with this pic:

sneek_perfect_run.png

replace the iosmodule.elf with fsmodule.elf and type the lines in a command prompt (in other words, hit start, run, type cmd, enter)

change the directory to the folders the files are in (cd directory) and type the lines after Finishing in the pic

elfins.exe esmodule.elf 0000000e.app tmp.bin hit enter

then

elfins.exe fsmodule.elf tmp.bin 0000000e.app hit enter

then

boot2me.exe 0000000e.app boot2.bin hit enter

done

hope that helps

ds22

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I get this:
Code:
SNEEK preparation batch // det1re
----------------------------------------

Checking for armeb-eabi tools
ÂÂ - armeb-eabi-gcc.exe found!
ÂÂ - armeb-eabi-objcopy.exe found!

Please insert the complete path to the SNEEK source code:
- d:\efm

Where is Python installed (i.e. "c:\python26"):
- c:\python26

Compiling SNEEK
ÂÂ - preparing
Het systeem kan het opgegeven pad niet vinden.
Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.
ÂÂ - ES module
ÂÂ - FS module
ÂÂ - MINI

Copying files
ÂÂ - compiled files
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ1 bestand(en) gekopieerd.
ÂÂ - precompiled tools

Finishing
ÂÂ - place IOS60's 0000000e.app in the dir, that just opened
- press [ENTER] when done...
ÂÂ - elfins.exe esmodule.elf 0000000e.app tmp.bin
ÂÂ - elfins.exe iosmodule.elf tmp.bin 0000000e.app
ÂÂ - boot2me.exe 0000000e.app boot2.bin
ÂÂ - hopefully it went good
Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.

Druk op een toets om door te gaan. . .
It makes the files, but I'm not sure if they will work.
EDIT: Okay, it works, but it is extremely slow.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anyone having problems who has an SD/SDHC card that a lot of homebrew doesn't like, try setting that one up for this. The one I'm using now only works with the HBC and WiiXplorer out of the libogc apps but works great with bootmii in general and this.

buffdog

Trophies
XP
Country
cant get this to work i get bootmii screen hit the rest bang a black screen.do you think its has something to do with startpatch 4.2.6 e all my files are in the right place.ive been at this since last night arr thx but good things dont come easy !!!! thx peeps

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK i have SNEEK working, its very good, wiiware that didnt work with triforce seems to all work ok. My modded system menu comes up perfectly. A job well done crediar and co.

Only one problem, USB and cIOS. This app will be the holy grail for all wiis, once the problem with cIOS is sorted and USB support is added. I play all my games from CFG USB Loader but this fails to load from my emu nand. (Prob something to do with the cIOS prob). Fed up with copying and deleting gamesaves to make room
frown.gif
This app could be the answer to the wiis lack of space but not until it works with cIOS and USB.

So although this is a fantastic app and a great piece of programming from the crew, its just not for me permenantly right now until the probs above are fixed.

I will use it on a spare sd to play wiiware tho.

As i said great work crediar and co, keep it up please!!! And lets hope for some fixes
smile.gif

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
btw if you want to run triiforce on sneek, you will need to comment out the ios reloading in triiforce source code, it should work then using "normal nand" (wich uses sneek anyway)

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I choose systemmenu from the preloader menu I get a black screen, but, when I choose HBC from the preloader menu I get the emulated nand.
wtf.gif

EDIT: Turned off preloader settings and changed bootmii.ini to wait 0 seconds and to boot hbc and it works flawless.

Again I say,
wtf.gif

diazao

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Would anyone mind to explain me why backups can be played on an emulated nand? Really weird, if it doesn't work with cIOS, and I don't have a modchip...
wtf.gif

Does it recognize them like an original game!?
I meant 249, dunno, i'm confused :s
(It's a 4.2E originally updated and formated NAND)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: IS ANYONE ON TWITCH.COM TWITCH.COM/THESUSHIDRAGON