Homebrew SNES9x for Old 3DS

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I think a pcx for New 3DS will be great, retroarch has dropped the support for it now, most 2D games only get 40/60 fps on it,
may be with some effort,we can get a full speed psx emulator on new 3DS

yoshinatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have one minor complaint regarding the 3D Slider.
It does indeed make the image sharper for some reason with it on, BUT unlike RetroArch's implementation, this one seems inferior.
In RetroArch with 3D slider enabled, when you tilt your 3DS left and right the screen looks fine.
But with this with 3D slider on, when you tilt your 3DS left/right from your eyesight, you can see the two overlapping "screens" so to speak, as in the "left 3D" and "right 3D" screens.
With RetroArch that problem doesn't exist. Any possibility to fix this to make it work like with RetroArch?
I don't know if I'm explaining it well enough as English ain't my native language.
RetroArch actually has a "scaled" version of this function, for whatever reason.
If you slide a little, you have the "stable" sharpening that you mention. If you slide more to the top, you get the exact same effect as bubble's implementation.

vander263

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Good job!
But, does SPC7110 not correspond?
(Far East of Eden Zero etc,)
Or are there plans to support GFX packs in SNES9x for Old 3DS?
Yeah, it would be really nice if he would do it, but there isn't a unpacked version of this game? because this chip it's only a compresser

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i've used one of the random 1.00 versions thats been posted before the official release and i noticed that some of the screen options seem to be cutting off a few pixels from the right side of the screen?
i'm not sure if thats how its intended to be

gonna try the real release now

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

coinblock

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm... I haven't really decided what to do. I'll see. :)
Virtualboy has too little games. And besides, as @ScarletDreamz and @BL4Z3D247 mentioned, there's already one.

Well, there isn't a working Virtual Boy emulator yet that has 3d, but yeah, the lack of games does create a problem. Fair enough, at least I've got a working one I can play!

Either way, thanks again for the latest 1.00 release! You've made some amazing progress here, and I can say without a doubt that this is now the definitive SNES emulator for both Old and New 3DS!

vander263

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah a SHARP X68000 project would be REALLY awesome, but i doubt that 3DS is powerful enough, but if it can be done, it would be PERFECT

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
There's a bug in Secret of Mana. Whenever you load the game after playing another game, the sound seems to be distorted. I don't know if other games suffer from this.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i love how high res mode isn't flickering anymore, good job!
but i found a weird graphical glitch in Spiderman when entering the pause menu, not fixed by any pallete setting. its all messed up

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well 4:3 is pixel perfect
Gotcha. I think I see what happens now... 4:3 is 1:1 but stretches the width only so it keeps the vertical aspect of 1:1. Expand to fit 'Pixel Perfect fit' stretches the width and height. So by stretching it to fit the height of the screen you lose the vertical aspect of 1:1 that remains in the 4:3(stretches width only) option. Nevermind @bubble2k16, I think I answered my own question.

Also @Supershadic1000000 , thanks for pointing that out. :)

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
RetroArch actually has a "scaled" version of this function, for whatever reason.
If you slide a little, you have the "stable" sharpening that you mention. If you slide more to the top, you get the exact same effect as bubble's implementation.
Ah yes, I noticed later when I pushed the slider all the way to the max.
I hope Bubble will be able to get the "stable" one sharp one working though, since it's not really comfortable to hold 3DS are exactly perfect angle to the face.

Also as someone else pointed before, the cropped options also seem to cut pixels on the sides in recent release, which wasn't the case in earlier ones. I don't think that's working as intended.

Last edited by Canzah,

yoshinatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ah yes, I noticed later when I pushed the slider all the way to the max.
I hope Bubble will be able to get the "stable" one sharp one working though, since it's not really comfortable to hold 3DS are exactly perfect angle to the face.

Also as someone else pointed before, the cropped options also seem to cut pixels on the sides in recent release, which wasn't the case in earlier ones. I don't think that's working as intended.
Maybe that's an issue with certain games? If I recall correctly, not all SNES games render at the same resolution.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No I just hate you