SNES9X v1.43

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
g4jek8j54 said:
SpaceJump said:
I also got it to work like PuyoDead wrote: Just put roms anywhere on your SD-Card and choose Load from front and you should be able to browse your SD-Card. The go to Play Game.

The only issue I have is that when my Wii is set to 60Hz everything is red, and on 50Hz everything is normal. Why is that?

Are you using PAL ROMs? I believe that I read somewhere on the TehSkeen thread that the emulator doesn't properly support them yet, but I'm not sure.

The first menu is in red, even before I load a rom.

Kyusuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SpaceJump said:
g4jek8j54 said:
SpaceJump said:
I also got it to work like PuyoDead wrote: Just put roms anywhere on your SD-Card and choose Load from front and you should be able to browse your SD-Card. The go to Play Game.

The only issue I have is that when my Wii is set to 60Hz everything is red, and on 50Hz everything is normal. Why is that?

Are you using PAL ROMs? I believe that I read somewhere on the TehSkeen thread that the emulator doesn't properly support them yet, but I'm not sure.

The first menu is in red, even before I load a rom.
PAL Roms will run too fast on a PAL Wii on 60Hz (so I've found out). The red thing seems to be due to your RGB (SCART maybe?) cable, if you use composite cable then it should be fine on 60Hz, another person seemed to had the same problem.

Copy+pasted off here
Nice program!

It has some video mode issues though. The only way I can run the emulator with the right colors is by using a composite cable and setting my Wii to 60 Hz. Using an RGB cable gives me a red picture while leaving the Wii in 50 Hz mode results in a black & white picture.

Also, the emulator seems to have problems with european games since they all run way too fast. American games seem to run fine though.

Anyway, thank you for this nice program! And I guess we can except more :-)

P.S.: As you might have guessed from my signature, I'm using a PAL Wii.

teonintyfive

Trophies
Website
ispeelgood.trap17.com
XP
Country
Greece
Yay, awesome, now I can play F-Zero!
yaynds.gif

misticknight

Trophies
XP
Country
ok i asked this on another forum but noone seems to know the problem. after loading TP and the hack file thingie it starts reading all these files and gets stuck at like 100s' of these file names "starter_clster ****" with 4 random numbers after it. anyone know why this is happning and how i can fix it? i have snes9x.elf in the root and renamed it to boot.elf.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Sounds great, but i think i'll stick with real snes, pc, psp or even ps3 linux. Untill wii's homebrew system is just better. : p

g4jek8j54

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
misticknight said:
ok i asked this on another forum but noone seems to know the problem. after loading TP and the hack file thingie it starts reading all these files and gets stuck at like 100s' of these file names "starter_clster ****" with 4 random numbers after it. anyone know why this is happning and how i can fix it? i have snes9x.elf in the root and renamed it to boot.elf.

I don't think I have ever experienced this problem before. What version of the Twilight Hack are you using? Maybe try 3b instead of 3a, or vice-versa?

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
awesome- it worked for me. but i've only tried contra 3 which keeps putting me in 3 player mode but there might be something wrong with the rom.

misticknight

Trophies
XP
Country
i tried it now with the 3b version and it still does it so i took a photo of the error message maybe this would help, i couldn't get it any clearer though (i took it with my phone) so i'm sorry if it's hard to see.

heres the link to the image: http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photo0001ao4.jpg

could it be my SD card itself cause thats all i can come up with? it's an official 2GB Kingston though made in japan so i dont see why it would be that.

g4jek8j54

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
misticknight said:
i tried it now with the 3b version and it still does it so i took a photo of the error message maybe this would help, i couldn't get it any clearer though (i took it with my phone) so i'm sorry if it's hard to see.

heres the link to the image: http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photo0001ao4.jpg

could it be my SD card itself cause thats all i can come up with? it's an official 2GB Kingston though made in japan so i dont see why it would be that.

Have you been able to load anything else with that SD card through the Twilight Hack before? Also, according to Wiibrew.org, make sure that your card is formatted to FAT16, and not FAT32. The only other thing I can think of is to make sure you are using the Twilight Hack for your region, although I think the game would just crash if you weren't using your region.

misticknight

Trophies
XP
Country
just tried it with tetris and it done the same thing so i have no idea whats happening. i'm using the correct twiliht hack (PAL) and my console isn't modified in any way at all. i give up for now but if anyone has a similar problem and knows what it is please let me know.

g4jek8j54

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Citronat said:
I Can play all games with this homebrew but i can´t save how do i do this or can´t you save with this emulator.

Do you have a GameCube memory card, preferably a third-party one? You can save to them, but people have been having problems saving to the the official GameCube memory card. As of right now, saving to the Wii SD Slot is not supported.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/news/71-year-old-arrested-after-lapd-finds-nearly-3000-boxes-o...