Melee54

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so back in May I was playing Chrono Trigger on Snes9x. I haven't played since. The other day, I thought I'd give it a go... But I had noticed that a new version of Snes9x came out. I updated, loaded up the emulator, but none of my saves were loaded. Weird... I thought that maybe the update overwrote my save games, so I deleted the new Snes9x version, the Snes9x folder with saves/cheats/roms, and restored the older snes9x version and my original saves. I had a backup of my SD card, just in case!...

Somehow, reverting my SD card to exactly how it was the last time I played did not help one bit. My save still wasn't loaded...

Thinking something may have gone wrong with my save file, I tried an older backup from March. Nada... Saves still wouldn't load.

I tried taking my SRM files and Auto SRM files and loading them up with my PC instead, and still no go. Tried ZSNES and Snes9x 1.51. Neither of them loaded the saves either.

I don't really understand what is happening... :/

I've used my May backup previously, and it was able to load the saves fine... Now all of a sudden, no program on earth can figure out how to load a saved game.

What I'd really like to do is play Chrono on my PC, but I'd also like to get my saves working again...

Thanks, guys.

Inferior_Design

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ouch, that sucks. I would have suggested rolling back the SNES9X version, but that didn't work either huh? Lame.

Sorry to hear that man, it really blows. Savegame incompatibility is the exact reason I haven't updated from ver. 007.

Melee54

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I don't really understand what went wrong. I ended up finding a Savegame online at the exact spot I left off, though, which was pretty cool.

Thanks anyway, haha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UeJincEpEM