'Sniper Elite VR' launches next month on PSVR, Steam VR & Oculus

sniper vr.JPG

Keep your hands steady as Sniper Elite is coming to VR platforms next month! The VR version of Rebellion’s title has been "built from the ground up" in partnership with Just Add Water and Coatsink.

In Sniper Elite VR, you play as an Italian partisan, fighting fascism in the World War II era as you protect your fellow countrymen and drive back the merciless invaders.

Key Features of Sniper Elite VR include:

• HEART-POUNDING GUNPLAY – Grab your rifle, gaze down the scope and take aim, as realistic ballistics and immersive weapon interactions, such as physically reloading while under fire, bring a whole new dimension to this intense sniping simulation.
  • EXCLUSIVE CAMPAIGN – Take on a new explosive stand-alone campaign with 18 replayable missions as you relive the battles through the memories of an Italian veteran.
  • SUITE OF MOVEMENT OPTIONS – From full locomotion to accessible single stick teleport, you can tailor the controls to your preference as you use stealth and cunning to outmanoeuvre enemy troops and vehicles across levels packed with tactical possibilities.
  • AUTHENTIC WW2 WEAPONS – Experience the firepower of historically accurate WW2 weaponry, with an armoury of rifles, SMGs, pistols, shotguns, grenades & explosives.
  • VISCERAL X-RAY KILL-CAM – Witness the devastating effect of your shot as Sniper Elite’s signature kill-cam returns, rebuilt for VR.

Sniper Elite VR sets its sights on the PlayStation VR, Steam VR, Oculus Rift and Oculus Quest for a July 8 release.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Always loved the game, but wondering if and how nauseating the zoom in will be.
Depends on how they implement it, but it works really well in Out of Ammo since you're in full control. You just stick the scope right up to your eye whenever you want to look through it, it's not like flatscreen FPS games where it snaps straight to you when you hit RMB.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sniper elite VR! The game so realistic it's almost as if you're really shooting the terrorists! (and maybe you really are)

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm Definitely trying this on my OQ2 ...as it been getting much more play time since update v28 Airlink is the way it should have always been ... I'm Still Loving Pavlov Online .... I Actually Bought a great Mario Kart Type Racer ..called Dash Dash World last weekend ... & its my fav VR game in a while ... you should try it ..!!

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm Definitely trying this on my OQ2 ...as it been getting much more play time since update v28 Airlink is the way it should have always been ... I'm Still Loving Pavlov Online .... I Actually Bought a great Mario Kart Type Racer ..called Dash Dash World last weekend ... & its my fav VR game in a while ... you should try it ..!!

So Airlink via WiFi is not hot garbage anymore? I couldn't use it but virtual desktop (paid) ran circles around it

Reactions: SuperDan

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Airlink via WiFi is not hot garbage anymore? I couldn't use it but virtual desktop (paid) ran circles around it
No AIRLINK works perfectly no issues here at all... Just make sure you have 5G.. Lan into pc/laptop. & use 5G wifi on the headset... The 120hz update was nice but it kills my battery....

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
No AIRLINK works perfectly no issues here at all... Just make sure you have 5G.. Lan into pc/laptop. & use 5G wifi on the headset... The 120hz update was nice but it kills my battery....

That's my problem. I don't use LAN cause my house setup doesn't allow for it (router is on the opposite side of the the house and would be a fortune to set it up)

For some reason I don't have issues on virtual desktop

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,
Reactions: SuperDan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs