So... Anyone here in the chiptune scene?

gotchapt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I wanna give it a go.

Does anyone know where to get a good gameboy deal? I'm thinking backlit already. And LSDJ carts?

smile.gif

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's not a cheap hobby.
tongue.gif

If you want to do some of the stuff yourself (backlight, prosound mod) there are some great DIY tutorials on instructables, hackaday, et al. You only need minimal understanding of electronics/soldering to do them.

As for LSDJ carts you could get a SmartBoy Cart (Mine took a LONG time to arrive from this place) or an EMS cart (those are the cheapest flash carts there are outside making one yourself) and both are "LSDJ ready". If you have a GBC compatible system you can at least experiment with those until you bolster up your bank account enough to get something classier.

gotchapt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thaddius said:
It's not a cheap hobby.
tongue.gif

If you want to do some of the stuff yourself (backlight, prosound mod) there are some great DIY tutorials on instructables, hackaday, et al. You only need minimal understanding of electronics/soldering to do them.

As for LSDJ carts you could get a SmartBoy Cart (Mine took a LONG time to arrive from this place) or an EMS cart (those are the cheapest flash carts there are outside making one yourself) and both are "LSDJ ready". If you have a GBC compatible system you can at least experiment with those until you bolster up your bank account enough to get something classier.

Thanks, gonna try to use the tutorials then. And thanks for the sites, very useful
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or rather, why?