So I began playing Earthbound...

Coto

-
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
1. This game´s unique. Hell after beating Mother3 didn´t expect to find it so enjoyable!

2. I´ve got a few question about weapons & equipment. Yesterday I got a Casey Bat, and the result was pretty good. Didn´t missed any enemies for a while, then I bought at shop of Paula´s city a slingshot. Seemingly it raised Ness attack power, but accuracy went undergrond lol. 3/4 of times in battle can´t attack properly. Should I stick with a bat or slingshot?

3. About game´s nature, is quite dark since pokey (porky)´s family, the fact UFO guys fall from the sky & music in-game which is quite terrific (and awesome!).

4. Hippie-mans are back from mother1, also some alcoholic guys & grumpy ladies! As enemies of mine I actually laughed a lot.

Besides from some question I have right now, what do you guys think about this game?

xtreme1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its a classic no doubt. lost my save though of about 2 hrs so cant say ive even gotten too far into it

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
DO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT use the Casey Bat. That damn thing is unreliable as hell, stick with something more accurate because enemies will [censored] you if you can't get your hits in, especially when low on PP.

wub.gif
I LOVE the MOTHER series. One of the BEEEEEEST series ever. I have played through EB0/MOTHER once (I have a funny story about that, twice technically), Earthbound 7 times, and MOTHER 3 four times, my fifth playthrough is on HARD MODE now. GOD does it whoop my ass.

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only ever got a little past the part where you fight that gangster guy behind the arcade.... than I got caught up with playing Chrono Trigger LOL that game is beast!

Coto

-
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Quietlyawesome94 said:
I only ever got a little past the part where you fight that gangster guy behind the arcade.... than I got caught up with playing Chrono Trigger LOL that game is beast!

You´re right xD. CT was indeed a pieze of love.

But so do is Earthbound. HELL I love those sound effects! Like you´re in caves and some kind of "howl" at high pitch reverbs! *-* Like a wolf growling

And, why casey bat not? Using a slingshot made me lost 3 continues =/

Which bat´d you reccomend then?? I´m about to get paula ..

ShinyJellicent12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Earthbound is a very good game. I haven't gotten very far in the game because the territorial oaks are always following me, which is irritating.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
DO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT use the Casey Bat. That damn thing is unreliable as hell, stick with something more accurate because enemies will [censored] you if you can't get your hits in, especially when low on PP.

wub.gif
I LOVE the MOTHER series. One of the BEEEEEEST series ever. I have played through EB0/MOTHER once (I have a funny story about that, twice technically), Earthbound 7 times, and MOTHER 3 four times, my fifth playthrough is on HARD MODE now. GOD does it whoop my ass.
Jingoism FTW.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Schlupi said:
:.wub: I LOVE the MOTHER series. One of the BEEEEEEST series ever. I have played through EB0/MOTHER once (I have a funny story about that, twice technically), Earthbound 7 times, and MOTHER 3 four times, my fifth playthrough is on HARD MODE now. GOD does it whoop my ass.
This is how I'd express my love for the Mother series.

Except I've played Mother 1 once (Just finished it yesterday actually, on the Easy Ring in 1+2), EarthBound once (starting my seccond playthrough tonight) and Mother 3 twice (Next will be on New Game +)

I'm gonna play the series over again now that I just finished M1. So my playthrough totals will be:
Mother: 1
EarthBound: 2
Mother 3: 3

See that pattern? If not, make all the headings just Mother
Mother: 1
Mother: 2
Mother: 3

C wut I did thar?

Anyway, that aside, I frequent EB Central. I don't comment as much, but I check it every day.

My next playthrough of EB will be on the Virtual Console, thanks to a certain inject maker.
Schlupi knows who.
tongue.gif

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Well... I forgot to mention the SLINGSHOT ALSO HAS SHITTY ACCURACY.

Not as bad as the Casey bat but still shitty. ONLY JEFF CAN ACTUALLY HIT RELIABLY with it lol.

It's better to just use the Big League Bat until later. Otherwise, note you should NEVER really give Ness anything besides bats lol.

Casey bat give 17% accuracy missing, I think, but I KNOW the Casey Bat misses 75% of the time...

@ 8bitWaluigi: Yes, yes I DO know
wink.gif

I have to admit, MOTHER is great. It is REALLY worth your time to play it if you like EB and M3. You gotta persevere through the hard parts lol.

Coto

-
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Yeah, guess I was already aware of that. just made Ness equip a bat and almost instantly got paula lol.

I also noticed some ill-stats non existent in Mother3, like the mushroom over your head. F*** it makes you hit sometimes (got 2 SMAAASH! and ko´d me instantly), besides becoming random your walk while on map. Hopefully the doc´d buy it for $50.

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Coto said:
Yeah, guess I was already aware of that. just made Ness equip a bat and almost instantly got paula lol.

I also noticed some ill-stats non existent in Mother3, like the mushroom over your head. F*** it makes you hit sometimes (got 2 SMAAASH! and ko´d me instantly), besides becoming random your walk while on map. Hopefully the doc´d buy it for $50.

I HAAAAAAAATE the mushrooms lol. They are the ultimate TROLL status ailment.

FUCK YO D-PAD I WILL MAKE YA GO DIS WAY WHOOPS NOW IT CHANGED

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loose said:
Anyone remember Luce? Of course you don't, but you should. When you make a mistake, you need to own up to it and make it right with a public apology, especially when you've already been TOLD by a higher authority that you were wrong. I will not be bullied and I am not going away.
CONSIDER THIS A WARNING SHOT

Warning_Shot.jpg

Cool Story Bro. Now what the chinese new year is that supposed to mean?

Coto

-
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
loose said:
Give me a child please
Warning_Shot.jpg

That pic seems from RETURN OF GIYGAS lol

earth1.jpg

--

Well, just got paula and she´s a totally uber witch! PK freeze alpha did 180hp at level 1 to a religious guy.. wtf?!
Ness at level 21 PK 'rockin' alpha does 120hp to all enemies in battle

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i just started playing mother 1 and i will play earthbound then mother 3 in that order. i played a little of the other 2 but i gotta say mother 1 is awesome same with the other 2 but sadly another game destracted me mid way through

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
incidentally, I'm aware that some versions of the Mother ROM have the anti-piracy trap at the end, and some don't. I'm not asking for ROMs, but can someone maybe give me the ROM title for a good copy of the game?

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
choconado said:
incidentally, I'm aware that some versions of the Mother ROM have the anti-piracy trap at the end, and some don't. I'm not asking for ROMs, but can someone maybe give me the ROM title for a good copy of the game?

Most emulators play any of the versions fine but if you wanna make sure:

Get the "Demiforce hack v2".

You'll know it's the right one because it will say "Earthbound Zero", and the ZERO WILL HAVE BLUE AND WHITE in the text.

The v1 hack has all white and the normal rom has no ZERO in it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: