Hacking So, i installed MSET Exploit on my 9.2 New 3DS but forgot to separate my SysNAND and EmuNAND before.

jscjml

Monster Hunter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thus, im having the "gift" bug where Title Manager keeps coming up in giftwrap whenever i open EmuNAND.

I know the general fix to this is to Format SysNAND with the SD Card taken out, but am i able to do so with the older version of system settings (for DS Profile Exploit)? Like, will it brick my 3DS or anything?
If not i still have a SysNAND backup, i just dont want to go through with the whole restore and whatnot.

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can alternatively format emunand, but doing so may wipe your SD card contents for both sys and emunand.

jscjml

Monster Hunter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can alternatively format emunand, but doing so may wipe your SD card contents for both sys and emunand.

I'll go ahead and try that instead, actually. Theres really nothing on my EmuNAND except SDF and BBM installed, all i want to save is my ExtraData for MH4U. Thanks.

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've formatted my N3DS with my system settings on 4.5 and it worked fine, it keeps the 4.5 system settings though.

For reference what I did:

1) took the microSD card out of the n3ds
2) formatted sys nand
3) put the card back in
4) re-installed the exploit using the blue card (make sure you use bluecardfix/flashcarttimewarp before you wipe the sys nand [or have an entry point to the gateway menu])
5) launched emunand
6) updated the emunand system settings to 9.2 (optional, only if your emunand has the 4.5 menu and you want microSD management)

works but he still has to use my steps above

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another post confirmed that performing a "Format System Memory" with the mset.cia installed (downgraded System Settings) works without an issue.

Whichever you choose to format will lose access to the software and such installed on the SD card. Since I never use my sysNand for anything but getting to emuNand, I chose to format sysNand and leave emuNand intact. But it's completely up to you. I don't think I even removed the SD card, but I don't remember, it's been a while. I definitely had backed up the contents of the card, though.

InfoFront

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you look around, there are CIAs to restore your original factory system settings. I would check out "the other site".

jasjeet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to bump but im in a similar spot.

Ive just got everything up and running with rxtools, FBI and MSET 6.x on a 4GB SD Card.

I now want to use the 16GB SD Card, but since i have MSET installed, i beleive that setting up emuNAND will leave the NANDs linked. So i need to unlink them again. However i beleive i should not follow the normal procedure of removing SD Card and formatting from the NDS settings menu.

Whats the correct method here before i update the new emunand?

I do have a backup of my original NAND too.

Another post confirmed that performing a "Format System Memory" with the mset.cia installed (downgraded System Settings) works without an issue.

Whichever you choose to format will lose access to the software and such installed on the SD card. Since I never use my sysNand for anything but getting to emuNand, I chose to format sysNand and leave emuNand intact. But it's completely up to you. I don't think I even removed the SD card, but I don't remember, it's been a while. I definitely had backed up the contents of the card, though.

Can anyone confirm please?

Also on my new SD Card, emuNAND doesnt detect the 2 eshop games (mario kart 7 and new super mario bros) on my SD Card. Ive just copied my files from the old SD to the new SD card.

Last edited by jasjeet,

Orkna

Trophies
XP
Country
I do everything on my emunand so before I had them unlinked I never used sysnand. So, I just formatted sysnand and yeah, done! ;-)

I would restore my mset to the original version before doing that but I made a emunand and formatted before I downgraded MSET in my N3DS. For O3DS it should not matter.

Just format emunand then..

Last edited by Orkna,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk