Gaming So I just bought a Switch, games worth getting straight away?

Ecko3351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offence mech but I don't call those great games to be bought tbh with you. Most of them look like they belong on the Commodore 64...

Because they look old school they can’t be good game? Jesus. Golf story is actually pretty good and I guess Stardew Valley isn’t great.... weird thing is it got game of the year.

D

Deleted-355425

Because they look old school they can’t be good game? Jesus. Golf story is actually pretty good and I guess Stardew Valley isn’t great.... weird thing is it got game of the year.

I'm pretty old skool so i dont mind that the games have been made to look like this to be honest.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, its true by the look of Golf Story it doesn't really encourage me to go and spend £13.49p on a game that belongs in the yesteryear! the look of it alone, it doesn't excite me one bit, it makes me feel like starting the game up and not bothering and just leaving it after 10 minutes play time.

D

Deleted-355425

Zelda is pretty good but i completed it and i dont think i would play it again to be honest.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Zelda is pretty good but i completed it and i dont think i would play it again to be honest.
Tbh I've barely played it myself, I'm still at the same part of trying to kill that elephant looking beast in the water I even bought the DLC to it and what are the chances of me ever using that when I have only got to that part of the game! what a waste :sad:

Last edited by Reecey,

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No not at all! I luv 3rd party titles, its just the only really good games for the Nintendo Switch so far are what I mentioned above and happen to be developed by Nintendo, there is no really good 3rd party titles as of yet for the Switch and I would hardly go as far as to say Rayman Legends & Fifa 18 or Lego Worlds for that matter are really great games to be bought.
I can see that and we do agree on the others you added. I still think it makes you contradict you saying just Nintendo stuff is good. I'd argue even if it is on other systems the physical release of I Am Setuna is a must and I have that. Another despite some having feelings over it due to its core game Ultra Street Fighter II is not one to dismiss either.

No offence mech but I don't call those great games to be bought tbh with you. Most of them look like they belong on the Commodore 64...
No offense but that's downright close minded. I actually feel pity for you if that was a serious comment. To base the value of a game being 'really good games' is how pretty the window dressing may be (ie chosen art style) is pretty narrow minded but that is your opinion. I can't speak for Butcher but the others do fall into a realm of as you said 8bit looking on one and golf is like GBA level of quality easily visually. Gameplay wise though all I know of the pair they're phenomenal and would be considered a loss to not play, another perhaps being Kamino (download only) and Cave Story+ physical+download. There really are a lot of games, and not all are Zelda/Mario/Lego pretty but that doesn't make them any less great games worth investing into.

D

Deleted User

Aside from the obvious first party titles, what games worth getting for this console? RPGs, Puzzle games (with depth) are good choices, and some decent games for the kids to play too.

The future is looking pretty good for the Switch, but right now the catalogue isn't too big.
Zelda, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Sonic Mania. Super Mario Odyssey will most likely be a must buy for the system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/WwFuB1GRKz4