Homebrew So, I just got a DSi, but it doesn't have any exploitable games...

stitchxd

Trophies
Website
gnusocial.me
XP
Country
United States
No, it doesn't (DSi physical software runs in DS mode, and of course almost every DSiware is out)

Only the CycloDS iEvolution runs in DSi mode... with way too many limitations to be of practical use

I never had any issues with running DSi games - though I suppose they might be "DSi compatible" not DSiware games to be fair.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I never had any issues with running DSi games - though I suppose they might be "DSi compatible" not DSiware games to be fair.
Yeah, most physical DSi games are dual-mode DS and DSi (for example, Pokemon gen 5 will show a DS Lite-like 2 level battery indicator instead of a 4-level one, will let you use the standard DS network setup tool (without WPA support) instead of telling you to use the console's settings instead, etc) - only four retail games and two demos are DSi exclusive*, while DSiWares were only sold digitally(§) and mostly ignored until 2-4 years ago (with modded 3DSes, then No$GBA, then modded DSis giving people the practical ability to dump and run them)

* very strictly speaking, like it is for the GBC, there's no such thing as a "DSi only" card - anything that fits a DS without 3rd party accessories technically runs on a DS, although all it is programmed to do is to display an error

§ loading from slot-1, loading from slot-2, and loading from nand or SD are different operations not necessarily trivial to interchange - that's why (on top of requiring DSi mode) most DSiwares can't run from a flashcard, and why (on top of a single-digit amount of games being too large compared to twlnand) on a console that can run DSiware you can't install and run roms of physical games (without a compatibility layer like nds-bootstrap to attempt to convert said read/write operations)

Reactions: stitchxd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P