So I just got a new iPod Touch

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, got my iPod Touch 32GB today (surprisingly given its Sunday, apparently the courier had a backlog to work through) and am syncing the stuff I had ready onto it (1070 songs
blink.gif
) and am wondering if the Temp has any suggestions as to good free apps for it (I'd rather not spend too much money at this point)

Apps I have already: Pocket Legends, Aero Guitar(Free version), Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles (free version), Eliminate Pro, F.A.S.T., fring, Google Earth, GTA (lite), iDuelPro (coz yugioh is cool), Real Racing GTI, Rock Band (Demo), Spotify (don't think I can use it without a premium account though), TapTap Revenge Boost, Tap Defense, Tonepad and Twitter

Any suggestions as to other good ones?

Other Dilemma: To jailbreak or not to jailbreak? Jailbreak will turn it into a mini emulating machine I will almost always have on me BUT I only just got it and don't want to fuck it up and invalidate the warranty after just a few hours/days

Edit: How do I back up this thing exactly? Just in preparation for a possible Jailbreak

DrYHeLL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
...what has already been said.

Jailbreak it. I find that without the Jailbreak, the Touch is almost useless. That is unless you like playing with fart apps over gaming's golden age.

I believe the new iPod Touch 3rd gen requires the Spirit Jailbreak. You only have to click one button...

Good luck!

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm getting a Touch when I sell my DSi. First thing I'll do is jailbreak it! The amount of customisation and emulators you can get on the iPod is just too good to pass up. To be honest, I wouldn't buy a Touch if it couldn't be jailbroken.

ykhan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xcdjy said:
Yeah you should jailbreak... my iPt would be boring w/o a jailbreak.
Also, the promise of swashbuckling and iFile and stuff is awesome.
You should get Pwntunes too after jailbreaking... so that you don't constantly have to use iTunes to add music which frankly, fucks me off.

or d tunes

Jamstruth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
Slightly OT, but how much did you pay for it?
£208 off Amazon.co.uk, cheapest I could find it. Paying it off to my parents for a few months

Prowler485 said:
Back up via iTunes when syncing.
Also, jailbreak. If something happens, just enter DFU mode and restore.
And I would enter DFU mode how? This is my first iPod EVER and I have no idea what DFU mode even means!

QUOTE(Jolan @ Jun 6 2010, 05:18 PM)
Question : What do you plan to use the iTouch for?
I plan on using it for a bit of light gaming and random app fun (nothing too serious, not gonna buy chinatown wars or anything for it) and, of course, music.

I've heard how easy it is to jailbreak but don't know how easy it is to recover from a jailbreak. Looks like my iPod is backing up now (I plugged it back in to charge after a bit of messing about). This is a 32GB iPod Touch 3rd Gen that's on 3.1.3 so I need to use Spirit, though I remember reading it corrupts album art, would just resycning fix it or would everything on the iPod have to be removed and re-copied to fix it?

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, even the apps that you do pay for are pretty much useless, so that means the free ones are trials of useless stuff.

You might as well Jailbreak it. There's no reason not to. Free apps/games, and the non-app store stuff is where it's at (All the emu's and stuff).

Jamstruth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah... This is a huge amount of space and a really nice device though, its always been the only iPod I would buy. iPod Nanos cost £130 minimum for a 16gb that can only play mp3, aac, and mp4 files. For £110 I can buy a Zen X-Fi 2 with a touch screen (though apparently not too responsive) that will play almost anything chucked at it. I like apps etc. on an iPod Touch.

I caved and I jailbroke it using Spirit, have Cydia on my iPod right now and gonna fiddle around with it. There are some apps with prices beside them on it :S I'm all for jailbreaking but when people are charging for products which can only be gained by hacking I have a problem. If I get a NES emulator how do I add ROMs?

Joktan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok a few things...one you dont ask what apps are good on here,you will get no where.i asked and i got no help on it at all.just saying i should jailbreak it.i dont remember if it had a lite version(wasnt my ipod)some thing with the desert,fps.i cant remember the name,but it was really good...two i thought this was funny,you broke down in 4 hours...lol:).,,i am getting my ipod touch at the end of july,so i asked the same things you did...btw what gen is it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3