Hacking So it arrives!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
After doing a lot of digging on the internet for flashcards i finally found someone selling for a crazy low price and accepting paypal (not from china ) - I felt reluctant on giving my credit card details to china, paypal was the only safe option for me.
Is there a way to tell if you're sky3ds card is fake or legit ?

301572-IMG_20160202_171657.jpg

Does anyone else think that its weird the SKY3DS has no writing on the package not even a serial number ! - Its almost as if someone is making these in their bedroom !
Why are you buying a Sky3DS when the Sky3DS+ is out? The reason the Sky3DS is cheap is because it's crap and the Sky3DS+ fixed all the issues with it :P
Better yet, you could downgrade and get CFW for free. If you're on 10.4-10.5, get a hardmod installed, it's cheaper than a Sky3DS and you can downgrade with it. gamesquest1 does hardmods in the UK :)

froggydarren

Trophies
XP
Country
Why are you buying a Sky3DS when the Sky3DS+ is out? The reason the Sky3DS is cheap is because it's crap and the Sky3DS+ fixed all the issues with it :P
Better yet, you could downgrade and get CFW for free. If you're on 10.4-10.5, get a hardmod installed, it's cheaper than a Sky3DS and you can downgrade with it. gamesquest1 does hardmods in the UK :)

how are they crap? it carnt play what like 9 games but lets you run 5 years worth of 3ds roms plus there cheep!!!.....CFW is all fine and dandy but with this copy paste done works online with only a slight tinker with the header thats all the messing about you need to do so im rocking 10.5 with full eshop access playing online fine and all in all took me 30 mins of copying roms :)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
how are they crap? it carnt play what like 9 games but lets you run 5 years worth of 3ds roms plus there cheep!!!.....CFW is all fine and dandy but with this copy paste done works online with only a slight tinker with the header thats all the messing about you need to do so im rocking 10.5 with full eshop access playing online fine and all in all took me 30 mins of copying roms :)
It won't play any upcoming games though, the build quality is bad, you have to deal with DiskWriter and the template.txt, cycling through games with the one button is slow, etc...
It wasn't crap when there was no other option for people on the latest firmware, but when the Sky3DS+ came out and fixed all those issues and generally made the cart more user friendly, as well as downgrade methods for people on the latest FW, it became crap in comparison.
I guess crap is a strong word though. It's not terrible, but there are much better alternatives.

@tigerfrost I still want to know how much it cost though. If it's not less than half the price of a Sky3DS+ it's probably not worth it.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

froggydarren

Trophies
XP
Country
It won't play any upcoming games though, the build quality is bad, you have to deal with DiskWriter and the template.txt, cycling through games with the one button is slow, etc...
It wasn't crap when there was no other option for people on the latest firmware, but when the Sky3DS+ came out and fixed all those issues and generally made the cart more user friendly, as well as downgrade methods for people on the latest FW, it became crap in comparison.
I guess crap is a strong word though. It's not terrible, but there are much better alternatives.

i agree it has its downsides but CFW has as well but alas they all work out fine in the end but i have to admit using the plus its a god send dragging roms on the card and damn the speed of switching between games is unreal compared to the blue button....

tigerfrost

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

@tigerfrost I still want to know how much it cost though. If it's not less than half the price of a Sky3DS+ it's probably not worth it.

The cart saves me from messing about with firmware and finding new methods for exploits. I got it for less than half price and risk free using PayPal. Maybe I will update to the new +carts in the future when I find a number of titles I would like to play and can't OR I find a sky3ds+ cart for a good price..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i agree it has its downsides but CFW has as well but alas they all work out fine in the end but i have to admit using the plus its a god send dragging roms on the card and damn the speed of switching between games is unreal compared to the blue button....

Would the speed /class of your microsd card have any bearing on the slowness of game selection?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The cart saves me from messing about with firmware and finding new methods for exploits. I got it for less than half price and risk free using PayPal. Maybe I will update to the new +carts in the future when I find a number of titles I would like to play and can't OR I find a sky3ds+ cart for a good price..

Would the speed /class of your microsd card have any bearing on the slowness of game selection?
On the original Sky, game selection is slow regardless of MicroSD speed. There's a delay built in to the Sky3DS firmware.

froggydarren

Trophies
XP
Country

Nope the speed its a firmware issue so blue button runs at the same speed no matter how fast your SD card is sorry to say...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i recently got hold of a sky3DS and yeah they are handy to have, and i can totally see how for some people they would be perfect for them, combined with the homebrew launcher and hans etc there isnt much missing for sky3DS users except for eshop games and the AP games for red/blue button users, other than that its nice alternative for people who are paranoid about exploits and emunand and which cfw is the best and just want something plug and play with no real maintenance work finding new builds etc

personally for me though CFW/GW are what i prefer using all the extra stuff like real time cheats, faster to find/load games, but i guess its all personal preference

Reactions: froggydarren

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P