Hacking So... What makes an Acekard 2i better...?

SamusKnight2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to say first off that this isn't to bash or rag on Acekard or any of their products they make. I'm just curious about this as a new owner of an Acekard 2i...

Recently I got a DSi from a convention I was attending. At a different booth I found an Acekard 2i for sale (By the way, yes it's legit, already tried it out using the newest AKAIO firmware.) so I decided to pick one up since my Supercard wasn't DSi compatible. I've just barely scratched the surface of the Acekard 2i's capabilities but apart from a few key differences I have yet to really see what makes this card a true favorite amongst flashcard users. The recent poll clearly shows the Acekard 2i as a general favorite and first choice of many users out there but I'm just wondering... why? What is it that makes this card far more reliable and special than the other contenders like Cyclo and Supercard (Not saying these are the best, just using these as examples.) that almost everyone goes with Acekard than the others?

Again, I just got the Acekard 2i about a day ago now so I haven't been able to test out any "special features" it might have but with my experience with Supercard has shown me so far that:

* It doesn't support real-time saves (Not a deal breaker but nice to have...).
* It does seem to load faster, respond quicker, and have a lower wait time when loading games.
* It supports online updates making it easier to do a quick update instead of having to pop the SD card into a reader on your PC for little fixes or changes such as the cheat database.
* With online updates you can download the latest cheat database directly from GBAtemp.
* The Acekard team's website seems much cleaner and English-speaker friendly as opposed to Supercard's.

These are just a few off the top of my head but currently I'm happy with my Acekard 2i, I'm glad I purchased it. It just the huge following this little card has that has me curious on what this thing can do I might've not even realized yet or why it's just that popular. Thanks.

iamthemilkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Akaio, of course. It gets some of the best support out of any of the flashcarts on the market. It loads everything much quicker than most other flashcarts. Etc.

I own every flashcart, except for some clones (especially R4 clones... ugh). Acekard 2i and CycloDS are my favorites. I like the Supercard cart, but it'd come after Acekard 2i and Cyclo.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
You get to know that as you use it, you're endorsing my naked body rolling on piles of cash and cocaine. Dollar bills fit awesome in my crack.

That alone makes using it and buying it worth it.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First off, AKAIO is usually the main reason people get an Acekard. Acekards are budget cards with an awesome firmware. AKAIO is that amazing awesome firmware. It gives near 100% game compatibility, game & homebrew soft reset, automatic DLDI patching, and much more. One significant difference you're going to find is that when a game fix is out, there isn't a whole new firmware, there's just updated loaders. This means instead of waiting for a new firmware, AKAIO just gets a small easy loader update. Loaders can be updated via WiFi and manually. This is usually the reason AKAIO gets game fixes much faster than other cards do. That and the fact that we just happen to have the best firmware team in the world and having Normmatt & Smiths at its head just makes it so much more stable and efficient.

The GUI is very cool too. Very customizable and just fun to look at and browse around. There are thousands of skins available for you to use so the possibilities are just endless.

For anything else you can just check out the AKAIO Wiki.

gary2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i got mine just for akaio its awesome
tongue.gif
i had an r4 before so i just wanted something better, never used a cyclo or supercard before but i like the look of the cyclos and iedge and iv just orderd an m3i zero

iamthemilkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iwakura said:
AKAIO is why people love it. Fast loader updates and high compatibility. Being cheap helps too
biggrin.gif

Hey, I learned about Simplymods from your site! Too bad I missed the nice coupons and all!
tongue.gif

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
The big deal about acekards is that there is no big deal. It's just a cheap flashcart with awsome software (AKAIO). It's kinda like what R4 should've been in 2010.

afro193

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acekard 2i is the cheap pirate's choice, basically. Plays all roms for little money. Win win.

kleptodathief

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hoping to get my acekard 2i from leetmod so i know what you guys mean! so go AKAIO and not the regular firmware?

does akaio support realtime saves?

Nikolay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kleptodathief said:
hoping to get my acekard 2i from leetmod so i know what you guys mean! so go AKAIO and not the regular firmware?

does akaio support realtime saves?

Definitely get AKAIO 1.6 RC2 and no, akaio does not have a real time save function.

joshob1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is really cheap, but the quality is surprisingly good provided you use the AKAIO firmware great. It only costs $13.95 with free shipping and it even came with an extending stylus free. I love my M3i Zero but it really is a battery hog in comparison to the acekard 2i so I can deal with the lack of the real time save function (It is also still a future possibility anyway) . The slot on my m3i is a bit messed up so I just need to be careful not to put the micro sd card in too deep. My acekard 2i is not like that, it clicks right in just like it should and pops right out when pressed again. There are some fake ones but http://www.r4r4i.com/products/Acekard-2i-for-DSi-p-167.html has good ones.

spark1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are lots of reasons its popular.

Once of the reasons is AKAIO. Community updates are what makes alot of things really good and this where the unofficial really shines, there are alot of great things about AKAIO, but one of the best is the amount of updates that happen, no other card updates as fast.

Next up is economics. Price means alot, especially in hard times, Acekard is the one of the cheapest without being unreliable or over-cloned like the R4 (don't get me wrong there are Acekard Clones but not as many).

In my opinion these are the main two reasons, Acekard is on the top of list.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://doublepulsar.com/recall-stealing-everything-youve-ever-typed-or-viewed-on-your-own-window...