So... Xbox One, or PS4? your next-gen choice

If you had to pick one, which would it be?

• The Xbox One

Votes: 10 4.5%
  • The PS4

Votes: 86 38.6%
  • The WiiU

Votes: 91 40.8%
  • None / a PC

Votes: 36 16.1%

• Total voters

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be rolling with Xbox This Gen.
I have a wii u and...
Well I don't consider it next gen atm.
I assume it will Continue to collect dust while I enjoy what xboxone had to offer.
I'm pretty excited about the 8 new franchises, the abilities of the new Kinect, and the new focus on social integration.

ggyo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They trended on twitter. And one of the biggest reasons Xbox One (which is the dumbest fucking name ever, I'd even close to Games.Com) is because of the hate it's getting, the confusion it's caused, and the qualms people have with it and it's features.
I'm on twitter every day, and I specifically paid attention to the trends near the PS4 announcement and the WiiU reveal/launch. The PS4 was a SPONSORED trend (meaning Sony PAID to have it trend), and Pikim 3 trended (in North America, is what I know), but otherwise the WiiU did not trend worldwide. Only in Japan.
Trending on Twitter isn't automatically a good thing. People could have just as easily been hashtagging the xbox One for how bad they think it is.

Anyways, looking at the question of whats the selling point? It seems to me, Microsoft want me sold on the fact that its an all in one entertainment box. Which is fine, but some of the stuff they are trying to get us excited about... I dunno. I think voice activation to control the television is not exciting or very practical, and in fact less intuitive than the Wii U gamepad being used as an interactive remote that can play instant replays and what not, and allow you to browse netflix and the like without mucking up your tv screen.

In terms of a good multiplayer experience, I think this next gen you'll be able to find that across all platforms (sure it may come easier on one console over the others), but thats not gonna change the fact that you will more or less be able to have the same online multiplayer experience on all platforms.
The real appeal of this console seems to cater towards the afterwork, grab-a-beer men. All the sports, all the Spike-styled TV, the games, the... well, the everything.

Reactions: chavosaur

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty excited about the 8 new franchises, the abilities of the new Kinect, and the new focus on social integration.
You say this as if Nintendo haven't been working on their exclusives (which is going be shown soon) and don't have their own social network.

You do relies you are basing this off SmartTv features and games that haven't even really been shown or even heard of yet, right?

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You say this as if Nintendo haven't been working on their exclusives (which is going be shown soon) and don't have their own social network.

You do relies you are basing this off SmartTv features and games that haven't even really been shown or even heard of yet, right?
Nintendo isn't bringing anything new to the table franchise wise.
I'm more excited about the 8 completely brand new franchises on a superior console.
And believe me, I've experienced miiverse and do enjoy it. I hope it comes to 3DS soon. But it could be ALOT better, and Xbox is already offering much easier and smoother solutions to social integration.
Don't get me wrong, Sure there's always Mario and Zelda and whatever, but I'd much rather play something completely brand new and experience new things~

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I will likely end up with all of them at some point... I already own a Wii U and have a decent desktop (SKYRIM, MAX SETTINGS 60+FPS SWEAR WORD!), if I HAD to pick between the PS4 and the Xbox One, I wouldn't pick either till this time next year at the earliest. They both seem identical in terms of specs, so they would likely get the same games sans exclusives. I lean more towards the PS4 because it doesn't have a subscription just to use the online features (at least none announced), but unless I know the price, I can't know either.

The Xbox's multimedia features don't interest me as, guess what, my Wii U already does nearly all of that (admittedly the video chat isn't Skype, but you know what I mean). At least without voice commands, but I NEVER liked voice commands... Kinect is... sigh... So yeah, leaning more towards the PS4, although I wont be getting either right away, and I will likely end up with all of them at one point.

What I AM looking forward to is sales on PS3's and 360s! I have a lot of catching up to do game wise and lack a DVD player. Not to mention lack of backwards compatibility.

Need to get a gamecube come to think of it...

Reactions: ggyo

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure right now. I'm leaning towards the Xbox One, since I've been playing on the 360 since 2008, and I've grown to like Xbox Live and the other things that come with it and whatnot. I have a Wii U already, but that's more like mid-current gen, mid-next gen IMO.

I'll just have to wait and see what's all announced at E3 before completely deciding.

ggyo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

OH! Right! Btw, what's been shown for the PS4 again?

gamewitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering I am about to drop 2 to 3 grand in the next couple of months on a new rig all of the consoles are off limits for at least 3 years. Doesn't my sig say it all?

Reactions: Celice

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why would you decide before they even come out?

Uh because they gave out the details for it to sway us away. Whether it's out now or later, the features are still the same, internet connection required (I don't know why they say it isn't, when right after they say it is), and all that other junk.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Primarily a PC gamer for obvious reasons. If enough games (or a single Tales game) pile up onto one console i'll probably get it.

The console itself means absolutely nothing to me. I don't care what its specs or capabilities are. If it has awesome games, it's sold. That's it. That's all a console needs to be for.

Reactions: Sagat

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I wasn't too impressed with the Xbox One. I'll likely get one WAY down the line when they are cheaper, because I do like their exclusives like Halo and what not. The PS4 is looking really good, so I'll probably buy one. I have a Wii U already, but eh, I don't like it all too much honestly. I barely touch it. Hopefully it gets good games soon.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
I voted for the WiiU as i have one , but of the other two im really not sure , wasnt blown away with the XBONE , but it has comparable specs to the PSFOUR , i think PS4 just shades it here , as im not in the least bit arsed over minority report controls and the used games issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWb8Lb89dzg