Softbricked O3DS after attempted system update?

7robin7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
hi there, i've just recently followed the guide found on 3ds.hacks.guide to softmod an O3DS that was sat on firmware from mid-2014
the guide advised me 2 use a certain version of soundhax 2 install luma cfw & then proceed 2 do a full system update
after having confirmed that i could accees the rosalina menu & that luma was installed, i went ahead into the system settings & began what i thought would be a very long update because of the firmware's age
after several minutes and getting mostly completed, the system update failed into an error that i did not take not of at the time, and gave the luma-error advisory to press any button to reboot on the lower screen
after doing this and for several days since despite all trying the 3ds is stuck in a constant bootloop with no active display, with the power LED staying solid blue the entire time
trying to use the safe boot system update tool by holding down a button combination as it loops strangely stops the loop & plays the system settings music incredibly quietly with no image displayed on either screen & input via touchscreen or buttons doing seemly nothing

i can however still access the luma menu and godmode9
trying to restore both the emu & sysnand from whatever backup i have here does absolutely nothing to fix or change this, i'm not sure if the backups are any good or even from before this system update error happened
if anyone can provide any help to this i'd greatly appreciate it, i'm completely stumped despite not being at all new to the concept of softmodding consoles like the 3ds (i had softmodded an O3DS XL maybe three days before without any fault at all)

7robin7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
in trying that it first told me it could find no suitable backup to use, and after having created one and made it force-transfer, nothing changed (which i had expected honestly given i was just restoring from what's busted anyway)
very few of the options in this script seem to help or grant me new options in trying them out but thank you for the suggestion

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
in trying that it first told me it could find no suitable backup to use, and after having created one and made it force-transfer, nothing changed (which i had expected honestly given i was just restoring from what's busted anyway)
very few of the options in this script seem to help or grant me new options in trying them out but thank you for the suggestion
what do you mean by "after having crated one?"
put in the ctrnandtransfer 9.2(your desired region) inside d9 folder and not gm9

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto