ByronFortescue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Xras said:
QUOTE said:
Now it seems to work (havent tried a backup yet, first I think failed cause it doesn't sound like the wii is reading it very nicely or anything), but the health screen is still there in original form? What's up? Did I forget something?

Try setting language to English in the system.
then reinstall the .app through the tweak tools..

This worked for me..

Don't forget to HARD reboot your wii after installing the .app...

Cheers mate, seemed to do the job.. Also tried playing my first backup (zelda) and it works!! very happy now
biggrin.gif

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
20clarky08 said:
HaniKazmi said:
Golfman560 said:
I know this would be rather hard to do, but can animated health screen be made? I haven't bothered with Healthii yet since I don't really want a HS, but if animated one can be made I'd try and make a cool design or just see what others make.
Check WiiPowers thread, thats exactly what hes done.

WiiPower hasnt done a animated health screen, hese autoboot'd a .dol that displays a image, plays a mp3 and then contines to SysMenu

you cant patch the original health screen to animation because as far as we've found it wont support it...

the main menu on the other hands :-p

I kinda assumed that's what he did through reading the posts. I guess I'll stick without a healthscreen. The main menu would be rather odd to see replaced but it would be nice to see what could come of it. Maybe I'll start digging around and see how fast I can brick my Wii
tongue.gif

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Vague Rant said:
HaniKazmi said:
Vague Rant said:
HaniKazmi said:
Vague Rant said:
A thought: might it be risky to have the Nintendo Channel installed on a SoftMii'd system? Before it will allow you to download DS demos, it makes you agree that your usage statistics will be sent off to Nintendo for their perusal; since SoftMii screws up the usage stats (go look at them, any game you play will be listed under "Others" instead of its title), it might not be so wise to send them off to Nintendo any time they like.
They can also tell if you have used the hombrew channel, yet they havent done anything yet
The homebrew channel is considerably less illegal than burnt game copies.
And how will they tell if you are using burnt copies or just have preloader for the brick protection and/or hacks.
Oh, this is something preloader does? My bad then, thanks for the correction.

EDIT: I just checked though, and originals still display correctly in the stats, only backups do it, so the point remains.

I tried it myself, and both copies and originals are showing up in the list properly.

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Karizmatik said:
Hello guys, need some help here or advice if you will. I just started on this little project today and was following the step-by-step guide and everything was going smooth until I got to the preloader step. It just goes to a screen with some warnings yada yada and then just stays on that screen. It never reboots and I've done the little code and tried the reset method I read somewhere. I have just got done reading through 56 pages of this thread so don't say I haven't tried lol. I dont have the wii controller if that matters, I just have the wii-remote. Now, onto my second problem. I just tried to download the version on this thread (i got my original from somewhere else) which I did but now when I try to put it on my SD card it says it's write protected. Any idea how to remove that protection on Vista, I been using it all day with no problems so I'm not sure what has happen. Thanks for any help guys, it's appreciated.

P.S. This will allow me to play downloaded games on my Wii correct? lol

i really dongt know how to help you but what i do know is that you SD problem as nothing to do with softmii or even this site

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cuber said:
Tried to go back into starfall to put the health and safety screen back and it just said "SFS_Seek( ) Failed:-101"

How screwed am I?
tongue.gif

Why are you using Starfall? The SoftMii Tweaks is what replaced it. Just use that to replace it with the original (Which can be found in systemmenu-v289.wad if you have it, or just ask someone who's already extracted it)

kimikal27 said:
QUOTE(Karizmatik @ Jan 30 2009, 01:47 AM) Hello guys, need some help here or advice if you will. I just started on this little project today and was following the step-by-step guide and everything was going smooth until I got to the preloader step. It just goes to a screen with some warnings yada yada and then just stays on that screen. It never reboots and I've done the little code and tried the reset method I read somewhere. I have just got done reading through 56 pages of this thread so don't say I haven't tried lol. I dont have the wii controller if that matters, I just have the wii-remote. Now, onto my second problem. I just tried to download the version on this thread (i got my original from somewhere else) which I did but now when I try to put it on my SD card it says it's write protected. Any idea how to remove that protection on Vista, I been using it all day with no problems so I'm not sure what has happen. Thanks for any help guys, it's appreciated.

i really dongt know how to help you but what i do know is that you SD problem as nothing to do with softmii or even this site

That doesn't mean we can't help. How big is the SD card?-Thats for the first question
And just redownload a new pack, I'd suggest Puma's link, I think he posted on page 65 last time I saw him.-Second question

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
HaniKazmi said:
Cuber said:
Tried to go back into starfall to put the health and safety screen back and it just said "SFS_Seek( ) Failed:-101"

How screwed am I?
tongue.gif
use arc to reinstall 3.2 first
Yeah, I figured.

Don't really want the screen tho anyway. I kind of like it just skipping it.
tongue.gif

Oh well... I wonder if I should start over anyway..

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
HaniKazmi said:
I tried it myself, and both copies and originals are showing up in the list properly.
That's odd; there were posts in the old RiiskiMod thread about this issue, too, clarky was going to look into it, but it looks like I still have the issue. Can anyone else check their played lists and see what they say?

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Vague Rant said:
HaniKazmi said:
That's odd; there were posts in the old RiiskiMod thread about this issue, too, clarky was going to look into it, but it looks like I still have the issue. Can anyone else check their played lists and see what they say?

Whats even more odd is that before i installed softmii channels did not show up im my list if i played past 1h, they are now.

Karizmatik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaniKazmi said:
HaniKazmi said:
problem with package, it is actually 0.25. Download 0.27 now, password is

H= home
A=A
R=Right
D=Down
L=left
U=up
M=minus
P=plus

QUOTE(Karizmatik @ Jan 29 2009, 11:47 PM) Hello guys, need some help here or advice if you will. I just started on this little project today and was following the step-by-step guide and everything was going smooth until I got to the preloader step. It just goes to a screen with some warnings yada yada and then just stays on that screen. It never reboots and I've done the little code and tried the reset method I read somewhere. I have just got done reading through 56 pages of this thread so don't say I haven't tried lol. I dont have the wii controller if that matters, I just have the wii-remote. Now, onto my second problem. I just tried to download the version on this thread (i got my original from somewhere else) which I did but now when I try to put it on my SD card it says it's write protected. Any idea how to remove that protection on Vista, I been using it all day with no problems so I'm not sure what has happen. Thanks for any help guys, it's appreciated.

The write protect is probably because there will be a physical lock switch on the sd card, which you have closed.

And yes, this lets you play downloaded games.

Thanks bro, that fixed it... Can't believe that was all that was wrong lol. I feel so retarded
frown.gif

Going to try the new preloader, thanks guys.

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Karizmatik said:
HaniKazmi said:
HaniKazmi said:
problem with package, it is actually 0.25. Download 0.27 now, password is

H= home
A=A
R=Right
D=Down
L=left
U=up
M=minus
P=plus

QUOTE(Karizmatik @ Jan 29 2009, 11:47 PM) Hello guys, need some help here or advice if you will. I just started on this little project today and was following the step-by-step guide and everything was going smooth until I got to the preloader step. It just goes to a screen with some warnings yada yada and then just stays on that screen. It never reboots and I've done the little code and tried the reset method I read somewhere. I have just got done reading through 56 pages of this thread so don't say I haven't tried lol. I dont have the wii controller if that matters, I just have the wii-remote. Now, onto my second problem. I just tried to download the version on this thread (i got my original from somewhere else) which I did but now when I try to put it on my SD card it says it's write protected. Any idea how to remove that protection on Vista, I been using it all day with no problems so I'm not sure what has happen. Thanks for any help guys, it's appreciated.

The write protect is probably because there will be a physical lock switch on the sd card, which you have closed.

And yes, this lets you play downloaded games.

Thanks bro, that fixed it... Can't believe that was all that was wrong lol. I feel so retarded
frown.gif

happends to the best...

Soplox

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
i'm having a problem

when i try to run healthii installer it display

Initializing SDM please wait...
ERROR! (ret = -1)

any help?

houseonfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone who said the SD card is write protected

Theres a little white tab on the side of your SD card, change the position of it.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As for copies and originals showing up in the played list. this works fine for me. i have backups showing game names in played today channel

nomis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nomis said:
umm I need some help. I followed the guide through and had no problems at all but now when I try to start a game the screen turns black and nothing happens. I tried to switch tv type in settings to see if that would help but when I choosed another setting my screen turned black again and my TV began sending a low frequency sound. What should I do? Have I bricked it ?
frown.gif

Anyone?

beast666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
hey digitydogs I send you images .

would you convert those images to a NTSC-U boot screen please.

I appresiate that.

thanks a lot.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nomis said:
umm I need some help. I followed the guide through and had no problems at all but now when I try to start a game the screen turns black and nothing happens. I tried to switch tv type in settings to see if that would help but when I choosed another setting my screen turned black again and my TV began sending a low frequency sound. What should I do? Have I bricked it ?
frown.gif

Does the systemmenu show up? Can you go into the HBC? If you can you haven't bricked it. Use the hack remover tool and then reinstall that hacks without and region free stuff and then paly a game that is native to your region.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guillotine