Hacking Softmodding a Wii in 2018

What hack to use to softmod a Wii in 2018?

• Letterbomb

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Modmii

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • FlashHax

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Indiana pwns/Bathaxx or one of the old methods

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lemmingz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to pick up a Wii mostly for playing gamecube games, I softmodded loads of Wii's in the past & always used to use Indiana pwns or Bathaxx to do it as I have copies of both games as I managed to get copies of each game before the prices went stupidly high on places like ebay etc.

Letterbomb, modmii & flashHax didn't exist the last time I modded one.

Should I use one of the above or stick to the old methods I used before as I still have the old original disks?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The initial entrypoint doesn't ultimately matter* (you always end up running the Hackmii installer, using its own exploit, to install the HBC 1.1.2 - and once you have planted such a channel with a tmd that says "AHBPROT unlocked while running this", any compatible homebrew can get full permissions)

* as long as it's compatible with your system version, which (except for Twilight Hack) all are if you can run the game normally in the first place

Reactions: Lemmingz

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I'm going to pick up a Wii mostly for playing gamecube games, I softmodded loads of Wii's in the past & always used to use Indiana pwns or Bathaxx to do it as I have copies of both games as I managed to get copies of each game before the prices went stupidly high on places like ebay etc.

Letterbomb, modmii & flashHax didn't exist the last time I modded one.

Should I use one of the above or stick to the old methods I used before as I still have the old original disks?
ModMii existed before both Indiana pwns and Bathaxx. You may have not heard about it (if you were sleeping under a rock) but it definitely existed :)

Edit: and ModMii supports every single exploit except flashhax (and it will probably eventually support flashhax too) so your vote options are not mutually exclusive

Last edited by XFlak,
Reactions: Lemmingz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Now go take a shower @BakerMan . Phew +1