Hacking Software update required

WalangAlam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
My ns is on 4.0.1. I was playing xenoblade 2 but it keep on bothering me to install update. So i went safe mode and delete the data. The update is gone but when I play xenoblade 2 I get a message "A software update is required. Update will be downloaded now". I dont want to update to 5.0 future cfw. How can I play xeno2 without updating to 5.0?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My ns is on 4.0.1. I was playing xenoblade 2 but it keep on bothering me to install update. So i went safe mode and delete the data. The update is gone but when I play xenoblade 2 I get a message "A software update is required. Update will be downloaded now". I dont want to update to 5.0 future cfw. How can I play xeno2 without updating to 5.0?
What specifically did you do in safe mode?
Also did you ever at any point install an update for the game?

Also before deleting data was it saying "software update" or "system update"?

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You probably deleted the game update through a factory reset, right? Once you have installed a game update there is no way to play the game without the update, the console keeps track. Maybe you'll still be able to download the game update again, I was able to download some stuff on Thursday. If not, you're out of luck, even doing a full factory reset won't help.

Reactions: WalangAlam

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You probably deleted the game update through a factory reset, right? Once you have installed a game update there is no way to play the game without the update, the console keeps track. Maybe you'll still be able to download the game update again, I was able to download some stuff on Thursday. If not, you're out of luck, even doing a full factory reset won't help.
This is what I was suspecting.
OP you likely deleted update data, and the switch prevents games that previously had an update installed from loading without the update. If you had other games that had updates installed earlier you likely locked yourself out of those too.

Reactions: TunaKetchup

WalangAlam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
It was saying software update. Let me check again. I downloaded xenoblade 2 update a month ago. I used dns for blocking updates. Can I get game update from a friends switch?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://reswitched.tech/info/faq
I followed that...

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was saying software update. Let me check again. I downloaded xenoblade 2 update a month ago. I used dns for blocking updates. Can I get game update from a friends switch?
You can use the "Match Version with Local Users" if you have a friend with the update.
Though be careful, when you do that if they have 5.0.0 it may try sending the firmware update as well. If that does happen it happens when you start the match transfer and will say something like "updating system". You'll want to make sure you don't see the word system if your friend is on 5.0.0. If they aren't on 5.0.0 then it should be fine, if they are on 5.0.0 you'll want to cancel the match transfer if you see the word "system" ever to prevent updating to 5.0.0 and losing hacks.

Reactions: Ichii Giki

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In safe mode, I choosed the second option. First option was system update, second is delete...
For future reference, you only open that menu to delete system update, don't use any of the options.
And second, there is a difference between software update and system update. Software updates are game updates, system updates are firmware updates. You can't remove software update nag with the recovery menu, that only removes system updates. Once you have software update nag there is no current way to get rid of it

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

WalangAlam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Tyvm. Seems xeno2 is asking for system update too. Can i swap it to other region of xeno2, will it used same game update data?
My other games still works so no xeno2 for me yet...

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Tyvm. Seems xeno2 is asking for system update too. Can i swap it to other region of xeno2, will it used same game update data?
My other games still works so no xeno2 for me yet...
Depends on the game. A lot of games are identical between regions so they use the same update data, but not all. I'm not sure about Xenoblade.

InTheBeef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For future reference, you only open that menu to delete system update, don't use any of the options.
And second, there is a difference between software update access system update. Software updates are game updates, system updates are firmware updates. You can't remove software update nag with the recovery menu, that only removes system updates. Once you have software update nag there is no current way to get rid of it
http://switch.cfw.guide/guide/blocking-updates/ seriously needs to clarify what to do and what not to do in the recovery menu. I made the same mistake.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway I could update Zelda cartridge game which is on V1.0 on my 3.02 console?

At the beginning I tried updating the game and it asked me to update my Switch's FW so I reserved the console and I'm playing 1.0 Zelda.

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have the same message here on a 4.1.0.
Whenever I install the game update then it will automatically add the cap that you need 5.0.0. There is no way around this.
Game updates are always automatically downloaded when you play the game with an internet connection.
At least... by the looks of it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH