Hacking Some FAQ For The New 3.0 BETA Update

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... Another question, How can I keep my legit eshop copy of RF4 while in EmuNand? The easiest (and longest) way I can think of is to let the game download all over again through the eShop and finally make use of the Save Backup option.
Any other way? Like make a 1:1 copy of my SysNand to use as EmuNand?

EmuNAND already is a 1:1 copy. Completely unmodified, in fact. The launcher does its modifications in RAM. If you backed up your SD card before installing EmuNAND, you can just copy the "Nintendo 3DS" folder back to the card (after deleting the new one the 3DS automatically generated post-format). The game should still be on both after restoring the original data. My Zelda was.

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured out what happened: I took out my 3DS' old SD card and formatted emuNAND on a new one. Since some Streetpass data is stored on the SD, it didn't get copied over. Dug up the backup on my PC and did a bit of looking on 3Dbrew to figure out which title I needed to copy back to the new SD card:

Nintendo 3DS\[numberstring]\[numberstring]\title\0004000e\00021800

After copying and overwriting that folder from my backup to my emuNAND SD card, it works like a charm.

Ah, I see now. Thanks a lot.
I thought I tried that, but forgot that a new [numberstring] was generated, so my lazy large copy paste didn't work.

EmuNAND already is a 1:1 copy. Completely unmodified, in fact. The launcher does its modifications in RAM. If you backed up your SD card before installing EmuNAND, you can just copy the "Nintendo 3DS" folder back to the card (after deleting the new one the 3DS automatically generated post-format). The game should still be on both after restoring the original data. My Zelda was.

Just figured that out, forgot to delete the old Nintendo 3DS folder. It didn't recognize the new data I copied over.

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hmmz what did i do wrong.
i updated the card, save my nand and now everytime i launch the card i see the red dragon then it takes me back to home screen

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm just not feeling the Internet Browser and WiFi needed for the exploit on firmware 5.x and above with Gateway Ultra 3.0, I'm waiting on and highly considering an alternative to Gateway.

slowmotioning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just not feeling the Internet Browser and WiFi needed for the exploit on firmware 5.x and above with Gateway Ultra 3.0, I'm waiting on and highly considering an alternative to Gateway.

The downgrade option is coming soon, look out for that. The Mii Maker alternative exploit will be coming out as well.

As there's currently no alternative to what Gateway offers, your best bet is to be patient, unless you feel that the Sky3DS/clones suit your needs.

Reactions: Margen67

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Questions:
1) Can I move the same red card back and forth between a 9.2 system and a 4.x system? And if I do this, will card2 game saves carry over or will there be encryption problems? (And if I manually copy card1 saves, will they work, or will they also have encryption problems?)
2) Is it possible to dump my puzzle swap/mii plaza save information from my 9.2 system and put it on my 4.x system?
3) Would it be possible someday for someone to create a homebrew program which runs on an exploited 3DS, connects to Gateway's site, and dumps the exploit HTML onto your SD card so that you can put it on another web page, and use that web page instead of Gateway's page the next time?

1. Yes, you can actually even load the 3.0 launcher with both exploits. Depends on the game as to whether you can use the saves, the save encryption key for 6.x is the issue, so, any pre-6.x game will be fine, post-6.x games need a conversion utility.

2. I do not know how these are encrypted, but if they're system-locked (and knowing Nintendo, most likely everything within the "Nintendo 3DS" folder is), you'd probably need a version of SD Decrypter that works on saves and can be loaded by the new exploit.

3. Someone's probably mirroring the site as we speak. Personally, I'd highly recommend downgrading when it becomes available, so you can use the DS exploit, and aren't dependent on being online, the web site being up, etc.

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
isn't it quicker to use bookmark though? I mean u just have to tap like 2-3 buttons whereas with QR code u have to aim the camera and stuff

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmz what did i do wrong.
i updated the card, save my nand and now everytime i launch the card i see the red dragon then it takes me back to home screen

Sounds like it's working correctly. Hit select and see if the ROM menu pops up. The launcher boots straight into Gateway mode if it finds a valid card, unless you hold L while it loads.

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sounds like it's working correctly. Hit select and see if the ROM menu pops up. The launcher boots straight into Gateway mode if it finds a valid card, unless you hold L while it loads.
i was writing a reply when u quoted me...
call me dumb it was working correctly with select :)
i read the tutorial 10 times for nothing

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
so they are not backward compatible? because the new f/w will use the new encryption?

I would also like to confirm if the new save data and extdata (additional game content from dlc or streetpass) created for installable cias can be extracted now

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bit worried for EmuNAND, haven't attempted it yet. Any cautions I should take from 9.2?

It's working fine for me as a first-time gateway user

Just make sure your system menu says GW3D next to the firmware number before you update and don't leave the settings menu until the update is complete (it will kick you out automatically after the update is complete)

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
It's working fine for me as a first-time gateway user

Just make sure your system menu says GW3D next to the firmware number before you update and don't leave the settings menu until the update is complete (it will kick you out automatically after the update is complete)

Thanks! Updating now, and double checked for GW3D a few times before continuing :)

EDIT: Got an error for some reason...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Freedom* *(terms and conditions apply)