Hardware Some problems with my New 2DS XL, I’m concerned that it may be a refurb

GameBoyColor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9A584A89-F65B-49B7-8DB4-20C835A156F8.jpeg
F23256A0-FB8C-4B09-83F1-0F00932F3BCC.jpeg
I purchased a New 2DS XL from Walmart about two or three months ago. It came with a few cosmetic problems, which didn’t bother me too much at first. But now I’m starting to be paranoid that the 2DS XL may be used, and was only sold as new.

On problem is under the bottom screen, there’s a long line of discoloration - like a scratch. Hard to see on camera though.

The other is that there’s a small bump along the bezel that doesn’t appear on camera well. But it’s pretty noticeable when playing, petty as it is.

I didn’t take a picture of it, but the circle stick also has a rough edge on the grey rubber cover that looks like it was poorly cut.

Would a New 2DS XL have these problems? It doesn’t matter anyway I guess since it’s too late to return it, but I’d like to know if I was cheated. And I guess I’d feel a lot better if these were factory problems, rather than the result of some previous owner.

Last edited by GameBoyColor,

Rj.MoG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 134854 View attachment 134855 I purchased a New 2DS XL from Walmart about two or three months ago. It came with a few cosmetic problems, which didn’t bother me too much at first. But now I’m starting to be paranoid that the 2DS XL may be used, and was only sold as new.

On problem is under the bottom screen, there’s a long line of discoloration - like a scratch. Hard to see on camera though.

The other is that there’s a small bump along the bezel that doesn’t appear on camera well. But it’s pretty noticeable when playing, petty as it is.

I didn’t take a picture of it, but the circle stick also has a rough edge on the grey rubber cover that looks like it was poorly cut.

Would a New 2DS XL have these problems? It doesn’t matter anyway I guess since it’s too late to return it, but I’d like to know if I was cheated. And I guess I’d feel a lot better if these were factory problems, rather than the result of some previous owner.
I would bring it back if it’s bothering you. But after buying 7 3ds/2ds’ I can assure you they all have little issues like this out of the box.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The N2DSXL are built way too cheaply IMO. I went shopping at a Target store and stopped by the demo kiosk to see if that's normal. Their unit doesn't have that separation along the edge, but you can easily enough dig in between with your finger nail to lift it apart.

@GameBoyColor, you made frequent enough threads concerning your N2DSXL build quality, I think you should trade yours in and get the currently still in-store available N3DSXL Galaxy Style, at Amazon for SNES edition to try your luck in scoring one with IPS panels, eBay for new black model, or Nintendo manufacturer refurbished.

GameBoyColor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The N2DSXL are built way too cheaply IMO. I went shopping at a Target store and stopped by the demo kiosk to see if that's normal. Their unit doesn't have that separation along the edge, but you can easily enough dig in between with your finger nail to lift it apart.

@GameBoyColor, you made frequent enough threads concerning your N2DSXL build quality, I think you should trade yours in and get the currently still in-store available N3DSXL Galaxy Style, at Amazon for SNES edition to try your luck in scoring one with IPS panels, eBay for new black model, or Nintendo manufacturer refurbished.

I may just try to live with it at this point. I guess in retrospect I should have purchased a 3DS XL, but I’d lose money trading in my 2DS XL at this point.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may just try to live with it at this point. I guess in retrospect I should have purchased a 3DS XL, but I’d lose money trading in my 2DS XL at this point.
Naturally, you'll lose some money, but is it worth staying with something you're not happy with? Don't let sunk cost fallacy make you keep something you don't want. You'll keep doubting yourself in trying to make it work, like those people with relationship problems who won't cut contact offs with their crazy ex's because they think it'll work out this time for sure.

Wait, this isn't suppose to be a emotional support therapy. You should drop possession of that 2DS the first moment you get before you have enough personal attachment to it. The longer you hold onto it, the harder it'll be for to justify switching to something better that'll do you right.

If your's hacked, try marketing the pre-installed custom firmware as a selling feature for those not inclined in messing with ntrboot or seedminer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P