YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Joe88 said:
you have to be a continued member of PSN+ to keep those items
as soon as your subscription expires you wont be able to use any of those items anymore without buying it

and the select few PSN games are yours to keep
I looked it up, and it's true... the free PS+ items become non-functional once your PS+ subscription runs out
frown.gif

Well the discounted items are still going to work... but I don't buy stuff on the PSN store.
hateps3.gif

At least they give us the 1-hour full game trials. That'll be interesting.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
All of a sudden everybody loves Sony again. How... predictible.

Some of you guys are like blades of grass - you bend over whenever the wind changes direction.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Foxi4 said:

Some of you guys are like blades of grass - you bend over whenever the wind changes direction.
Dude, I'm not a Sony fanboy. In fact, Sony's one of my least favorite company. My experience with them is that all the Sony products I own tend to go bad (except for my good ol' PS1). My rear-projection HDTV from 2004 hit the crapper in 2007 (something went horribly wrong with the lamp), 2 years earlier my home-theatre DVD player that came with it stopped reading DVDs or displaying proper color on the TV, my Sony Ericsson phone from 2002 gathered so much dust inside the screen within a year that you were barely able to see what you were doing.
The only reason why I have a PS3 is because my brother wanted free Black Ops multiplayer, and because of all the crap that has been happening, the PSN has been down longer than the time I had the PS3 when it was online.

The only reason why I like this is because I love free shit.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
YayMii said:
Dude, I'm not a Sony fanboy. In fact, Sony's one of my least favorite company. My experience with them is that all the Sony products I own tend to go bad (except for my good ol' PS1). My rear-projection HDTV from 2004 hit the crapper in 2007 (something went horribly wrong with the lamp), 2 years earlier my home-theatre DVD player that came with it stopped reading DVDs or displaying proper color on the TV, my Sony Ericsson phone from 2002 gathered so much dust inside the screen within a year that you were barely able to see what you were doing.
The only reason why I have a PS3 is because my brother wanted free Black Ops multiplayer, and because of all the crap that has been happening, the PSN has been down longer than the time I had the PS3 when it was online.

The only reason why I like this is because I love free shit.

Well if this is the sole reason, a PC would do a better job, lol.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yuan said:
Well if this is the sole reason, a PC would do a better job, lol.
Well, he also wanted Gran Turismo 5, and he didn't listen to me when I told him it wasn't that good. He found out the hard way.

Also, he has friends IRL that have PS3s.

lordrand11

The Wheel of Time Turns and Ages Come And Pass.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:

QUOTE(Rydian @ May 2 2011, 12:10 AM) You're confusing liking a company with accepting free stuff.
tongue.gif

lol, I'm sure a lot of people are still as irritated about the issue as I am. But Free Stuff! Who could turn that down?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
lordrand11 said:
lol, I'm sure a lot of people are still as irritated about the issue as I am. But Free Stuff! Who could turn that down?

A leveled person who knows what's his opinion on a given matter?

But a few days ago everybody was willing to grab their torches and burn down Sony HQ to the ground, now that they're giving free candy and actually conscider paying for Credit Card replacements for every user affected they're suddenly cool again.

Which is true - they are cool and they never "weren't cool" throughout the process.

I also noticed a nasty case of Stockholm's Syndrome. People blamed Sony for getting hacked screaming "This is what you get for Framing Roger Rabbit, *cough* I mean Mr.Geohot!" while the actual perpetrators are *hackers themselves*. They are the ones opressing you in this case, why are you praising them? Tut-tut.

Not only that, people are misinformed (or they suffer from tl;dr) syndrome aswell, honestly believing that the info was not protected at all. It was. The fact that it was sent to Sony via plaintext doesn't matter - someone would have to be creeping in your closet to intercept the signal sent from the PS3 to the magical land of the Internet. On the server side it was most likely protected by massive Walls of Fire.

Humans are a peculiar race. Quick to throw stones and quick to lick the wounds when Free Stuff is finally obtained.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Station.com is now down they have been hacked also

QUOTE said:
Dear valued SOE Customers,

We have had to take the SOE service down temporarily. In the course of our investigation into the intrusion into our systems we have discovered an issue that warrants enough concern for us to take the service down effective immediately. We will provide an update later today (Monday).

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Magsor said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Station.com is now down they have been hacked also

QUOTE said:
Dear valued SOE Customers,

We have had to take the SOE service down temporarily. In the course of our investigation into the intrusion into our systems we have discovered an issue that warrants enough concern for us to take the service down effective immediately. We will provide an update later today (Monday).

Parts of it already went down at the same time as the psn anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Towelie runs my farm, he's awesome.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Polly is still around from what I've heard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @SylverReZ, is Pollys alt I knew it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I see him every once whi!e , incognito
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I'm not him. Keep looking.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol