ROM Hack someone know how to use SaltySD with pokemon SU/MO?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You said you have arm9loaderhax, so you CAN. I think you are just lazy and want to ve spoonfeeded
Well a9lh can be completed with a phone but still it is very easy to do. I went through the trouble of writing 3 guides to use it (Which all of the info I taught myself) and they are to lazy to do a simple thing

Reactions: RustInPeace

Angelcraft

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Extract the .cia/.3ds and a code.bin will be in the exefs.
Make doesnt work

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

R
Well a9lh can be completed with a phone but still it is very easy to do. I went through the trouble of writing 3 guides to use it (Which all of the info I taught myself) and they are to lazy to do a simple thing
R u sure about in cmd type: make and press enter?

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to ask if this is just for music placement, but I was thinking if this can work alongside PK3DS. Meaning that you do your business with PK3DS, and rather than repack the rom, you take the files over to the appropriate directories for SaltySD to recognize and implement.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to ask if this is just for music placement, but I was thinking if this can work alongside PK3DS. Meaning that you do your business with PK3DS, and rather than repack the rom, you take the files over to the appropriate directories for SaltySD to recognize and implement.
SaltySD redirects any part of the romfs. You can use it with anything romfs editing.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i redirect de main location to the sd root with salty?
SaltySD will allow you to make the game read from the sd card as the romfs and use the missing files from the romfs in the game.
It has to be in the folder /saltysd/SunMoon/

Shazamo333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Extract the .cia/.3ds and a code.bin will be in the exefs.
Ok I've spent all day and i really need help with this.

So I have the code.bin found in the exefs folder of a pokemon moon rom.

I've put it in the sunmoon folder of salty sd like this

SubbpjI.png

So I've never compiled shit before but i've downloaded 3 compilers: mingw, cmake, and gnumake just to make this work.

I open a command promp and this happens:

S5r3DHi.png

Both gnumake and cmake all fail to build the patched code.bin

I've installed visual studio 2015 and codelite but i have no fucking clue how to compile shit wit thos eprograms

please help me i've tried romfs redirection with luma nightly but only get black screens, and i can't use hans beause i'm using a 2ds. Please can somone help me here.

Shazamo333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Shazamo333 All I had to do was type in the word "make" and press enter. Your folder structure is correct
please tell me what compiler you are using. I will download it. I've been stuck finding a solution for romfs loading for like 10 hours my sanity is failing

I'll show you what happens when I type "make":

tnhJtfj.png

Last edited by Shazamo333,

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please tell me what compiler you are using. I will download it. I've been stuck finding a solution for romfs loading for like 10 hours my sanity is failing

I'll show you what happens when I type "make":
Try this
Try editing patch.s and change .arm.little to just .arm, my armips is at the latest build (self-compiled) and it errored with just .arm.

EDIT: Can also try .nds instead, that will probably work.

Shazamo333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this, I tried it but it still throws the same errors. I checked the thread you quoted from and it looks like i might be using an older version of armips.
Do you know where i can find the latest version of armips? I've been looking on the internet but can't find anything.

I tried to build armips myself by cloning the repo and trying to use visual studio to build it but it fails to build, saying "can't find tinyformat" or something

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this, I tried it but it still throws the same errors. I checked the thread you quoted from and it looks like i might be using an older version of armips.
Do you know where i can find the latest version of armips? I've been looking on the internet but can't find anything.

I tried to build armips myself by cloning the repo and trying to use visual studio to build it but it fails to build, saying "can't find tinyformat" or something
Here is the armips I used

Attachments

• armips.zip
    267.4 KB · Views: 1,543

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey o/ !

Just bumping this because I've the same result with the No architecture specified (even edited the patch.s as the quote) and the file provided is found as a virus / doesn't work;
There's other way to have a recent airmips than the Romhacking one (maybe outdated ?)

Thanks o/

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey o/ !

Just bumping this because I've the same result with the No architecture specified (even edited the patch.s as the quote) and the file provided is found as a virus / doesn't work;
There's other way to have a recent airmips than the Romhacking one (maybe outdated ?)

Thanks o/
You can just run the command directly:

Code:
armips.exe patch.s

Reactions: Rick Astley

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Still the same error :/
I think it's because of the old armips but no way to downolad one more recent x_x
Thanks for the help o/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: If pills could make us full with all the probiotics we need would being a pill popper still be bad