Homebrew Sonic mania port to wii u

El_Misterioso

CIA Agent
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You need NUSPacker, to run it you also need to have Java installed on your computer, I did it on Linux but I think the whole process is the same on Windows, you put the .rpx inside a folder named code, the file structure should look like this:

View attachment 324985

and then:

Code:
java -jar NUSPacker.jar -in "path/to/upacked/game" -out "path/to/export/the/installer"

Also, if you are planning on editing the .tga files, use GIMP.

bootTVtex and bootDrctText needs to be exported with all layers merged and both alpha channel and compression disabled.
for the IconTex it is the same, but with alpha channel enabled.
this is the easiest way to technically make a forwarder :D

Reactions: Lostbhoy

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
Decided to pack my own installers so you can launch the game directly from the Wii U Menu, it is based on the latest release by the time I'm editing this post.

TV & GamePad
mania_vanilla_tv-png.324625

mania_vanilla_gamepad-png.324627

Icon
mania_vanilla_icon-png.324626

Boot sound: Ring

TV & GamePad
mania_plus_tv-png.324631

mania_plus_gamepad-png.324630

Icon
mania_plus_icon-png.324629

Boot sound: Chaos Emerald + Ring (Inspired by Generations 3DS)

Choosing one is just a matter of which design you prefer, to enable Mania Plus you have to follow the instructions mentioned here: https://github.com/Clownacy/Sonic-Mania-Decompilation/releases/tag/v0.3, the Data.rsdk goes on sd:/RSDK/v5/Data.rsdk.

I'll be updating this post whenever a new release is out.
Updated to v0.5

Marcus777

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello everyone, i wanted to share these two great forwarders made by Rayz0rum#8793 entirely so all the credit goes to him, they're both based on @V10lator 's soh forwarder (https://github.com/V10lator/sohwf) and uses some of the pictures that @NinStar uploaded before (thanks to both of them as well) so well here you go: https://www.mediafire.com/file/evkg65mukq0nhkz/SonicManiaForwarders.zip/file
The forwarders are inside a folder named the same way, and inside the .zip Rayz0rum#8793 added a Readme that contains a lot of valuable information about how to use and set this port, big thanks to him for all this!
SonicMania and SonicManiaPlus both work the same (forwarding SD:/wiiu/apps/SonicMania/SonicMania.rpx)
Also be aware than the after opening them you'll have to wait a little to the game to be played (this is normal even with just using the hbl)

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
I've been meaning to ask, I'm using the Plus version, if I install the vanilla forwarder the dlc should still be enabled, right? Because I like the vanilla icon and boarder better.

Yes, it will still be enabled, as I mentioned on my post:

Choosing one is just a matter of which design you prefer.

This is because my installers have the actual .rpx packed inside them instead of pointing to the one inside your SD card, and since version 0.3, Clownacy made so you can disable or enable the DLC using the same executable, so both installers are packing the exact same .rpx.

You can even have both installed at the same time if you want, they have different title ids.

Reactions: sonictopfan

tehtemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone, i wanted to share these two great forwarders made by Rayz0rum#8793 entirely so all the credit goes to him, they're both based on @V10lator 's soh forwarder (https://github.com/V10lator/sohwf) and uses some of the pictures that @NinStar uploaded before (thanks to both of them as well) so well here you go: https://www.mediafire.com/file/evkg65mukq0nhkz/SonicManiaForwarders.zip/file
The forwarders are inside a folder named the same way, and inside the .zip Rayz0rum#8793 added a Readme that contains a lot of valuable information about how to use and set this port, big thanks to him for all this!
SonicMania and SonicManiaPlus both work the same (forwarding SD:/wiiu/apps/SonicMania/SonicMania.rpx)
Also be aware than the after opening them you'll have to wait a little to the game to be played (this is normal even with just using the hbl)
Thanks Marcus! I've updated my forwarder list (link in signature).

Reactions: Marcus777

Rayz0rum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Forgot I have a gbatemp acc lmfao)

So yeah I made the Sonic Mania Wii U Forwarders (the ones posted by Marcus777)
If you got any suggestions, I'll consider adding them (or explain why I can't add 'em for some)

• Love
Reactions: Marcus777

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hasn't it changed to the minus button? Did in mine since v3 or 4
Very strange I'm on V5 and minus button does nothing. I still have to press the top left of the screen.

Anyhoo no matter what name I put in the settings.ini it doesn't work. It always shows the name as SPZ for some reason.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Very strange I'm on V5 and minus button does nothing. I still have to press the top left of the screen.

Anyhoo no matter what name I put in the settings.ini it doesn't work. It always shows the name as SPZ for some reason.
Come to think of it, i didn't try it after i out v5 on. I'll check it but my username has changed.

Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just checked.... Minus button still works for me.
Very strange indeed. Can you post your settings.ini so as to see if something is different to mine. I really don't get why you have to press minus but for me it's the touch screen. Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...