Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Even if it was filed when the switch started on the drawing board. They should have been making a better, more affordable, third party support, newer version of their failed handheld instead of making useless patents that apparently never went anywhere.

Meanwhile, one of the best handhelds ever made died of neglect.
Hard to blame them when they're so dominant in the home console market right now. The good news is that Vita/portable console-focused devs can consolidate toward Switch.

WhiteMaze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hard to blame them when they're so dominant in the home console market right now. The good news is that Vita/portable console-focused devs can consolidate toward Switch.

Sigh. I guess..

In any case, I just posted this since the thing looks so much like the freaking switch.

Last edited by WhiteMaze,

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe the switch is just a clever ploy to finally put sony out of business nintendo knows sony can't sell handhelds so they make the ultimate handheld for sony to copy and fail at.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont know wich is worse, the oldness of this news or the op bashing sony making nintendo fanboys look as bad as the sony ones.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not entirely positive if this has been posted or not, so any moderators feel free to remove or lock the thread if it has.

Looks like Sony filed for a patent that very much resembles the Switch, months ago.

sony-patent-1487345867104_610w.jpg

I'm speechless.

On the bright side, if this thing becomes real it might come with Super Smash Kratos for Vitaendo Swish!

Can't wait to play Crash Bandicoot Breath of the 4K!

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/17/sony-files-patent-for-what-looks-like-a-switch-esque-handheld

(Can't believe I screwed up the source link. Fixed now.)
This is old.

AlexanderLS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, Like the vita isn't basically a switch anyways...
Both are "portable" gaming devices that have touch screens and buttons.
If anybody copied somebody Nintendo copied the nVidia Shield.
The internals and external appearance of nVidia shield tablet and Switch, nearly identical.

Last edited by AlexanderLS,

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Right, Like the vita isn't basically a switch anyways...
Both are "portable" gaming devices that have touch screens and buttons.
If anybody copied somebody Nintendo copied the nVidia Shield.
The internals and external appearance of nVidia shield tablet and Switch, nearly identical.
All tablet form factors look the same, that's not Nintendo copying anything, it's just the natural evolution of things.
Nintendo didn't "copy" the shield internals, they simply went to the best SoC manufacturer they could find, who just happened to release a tablet in the past. I guess they could have went to AMD but why?

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont know wich is worse, the oldness of this news or the op bashing sony making nintendo fanboys look as bad as the sony ones.

Fanboys bashing other products/companies are sadly commonplace now. Especially when the argument of "THEY DID THIS FIRST!" comes into it. What should be a friendly rivalry turns into seething hatred. Eventually you'll have nintendo fanboys calling any hater a sony fanboy when the switch receives rather unjust hate from all types of people, and you'll have people who are fully aware of the flaws with nintendo and their console yet still enjoying it being called slaves to nintendo and the likes. Both extremists of these issues are equally obnoxious.

That being said, I was actually hoping that there'd be a PSVITA2 with better support, as the vita still is one of my favorite consoles.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, you didnt fart this time, good