Sony provides new release dates for The Last of Us Part II and Ghost of Tsushima

jTpuuT0.png

After concerning fans by delaying The Last of Us Part II to an undefined timeframe, Sony is ready to let us know when we'll finally be able to play the game. Two upcoming PlayStation 4 exclusives have been given their release date: The Last of Us Part II will arrive on June 19th, while Ghost of Tsushima will follow up a month later, on July 17th.

As our teams at Sony Interactive Entertainment and Worldwide Studios approach development milestones and confront a world changed by COVID-19, we find ourselves having to adapt to today’s ever-changing environment. Amidst some disruptions to our working styles, we wanted to provide an update to PlayStation gamers who are eager to learn when our next exclusive titles will arrive to PlayStation 4.

As we begin to see an ease in the global distribution environment, I am pleased to confirm that The Last of Us Part II will arrive on June 19. And Ghost of Tsushima will follow on July 17.

I want to personally congratulate and thank both the teams at Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch Productions on their achievements, as we know it’s not an easy feat to reach the finish line under these circumstances. Both teams have worked hard to deliver world-class experiences, and we can’t wait to see what you think of them when they release in just a few short months.

And finally, I want to thank the PlayStation Community for their continuous support and patience.

:arrow: Source

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Guess some people just don’t like a decent story line these days
lol me dum. no liek da story of zambie gaem. jus liek the shoot thing die gaem ha ha.

Whether or not the storyline here is "objectively" good or not isn't the question. I just have no interest in TLOU as a continuing series. I found the first game to be good, I enjoyed the themes, but I honestly have no want to play a sequel. I like where TLOU1 ended. If 2 holds up and carries the torch, neat, I'll grab it on sale one day when it inevitably reaches the PS5 in remastered form.

After games like Sly Cooper and Infamous, I'm just way more into the possibilities of Sucker Punch's game, personally. Add the whole samurai stuff into the equation and heck yeah, hyped.

But yeah, I hate games with good writing, just because I'm not interested in a game that you are, totally. Get those icky storylines and words away ewwwwww.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't get why anyone wouldn't want to see a sequel to any game - when someone makes game characters you don't expect them to make a one off game - it's good to see characters grow like Ellie for example and see her in a game as an adult - the game got 91 on metacritic which it deserved and deserves a sequel - the stealth-action and atmosphere in the game was first class and the majority of people wil luv it

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Read various spoilers (curious to see what different sites curate from them). Never played the first game, or at least not enough to say I have, and nothing I particularly ever read made me care (I may one day find one of those accelerated playthroughs or plot breakdowns, might even stomach a let's play). Does seem like it will benefit heavily from knowing the first game and be attached to characters from there, though they might be able to establish them again for those going in cold (would not be a first but would be a rarity).
It is possible to get most things to sound boring in summary but none of the things I read lit the enthusiasm fire (I doubt this will say much about the horrors of war, cyclic nature of some conflicts, and ambiguity of morality and righteousness that has not been done far better a thousand times before), and if that is coupled with a workplace as apparently meh as the reports are saying, and if it also caught the "token characters = good writing" virus that some seem to fear, that is seldom a winning combo.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
19th June, that's my birthday, yay
You too ehh... Would've preferred Ghost on the day though as....
I'm cautiously optimistic about TLOUII. I loved the first game but the second has big shoes to fill and I'm not sure they can pull it off. I'm not even sure a sequel was necessary.
You too ehh...(wait a minute..!) Massive fan of the first game myself, but you're right, it just doesn't need a sequel! And to be honest, with every trailer I've seen of this, it looks less and less appealing too... It's just got The Matrix Reloaded written all over it! But trailers are not the be all and end all, so yes it's still on my radar too (I suppose!)

Reactions: shaunj66

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Great, looking forward to GoT.
TLoU2 on the contrary, is pretty dead to me after watching the leaks.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guess some people just don’t like a decent story line these days

Aww was TLOU babies first game with words?

TLOU has great atmosphere, but in no way did it ever have a great story. Especially with how it ended, like a producer came into the office and said "Look boys we're making this a series so leave it open" a week before they were meant to go golden and so devs scrambled to splice together some kind of coherent mess to end on and it inevitably broke their entire story and all of the character building they had worked to do, what little of it there was. They went for a hyper-realistic zombie hellscape then threw it out the window.

Even before that, things were pretty barebones as far as story went. Ellie and Joel would disappear if they turned sideways. Both were paper thin characters.

Whenever people praise TLOU's story I have to wonder if they even played it, or if you've ever actually ventured to play a game with an actual story. At first I thought it was a Sony fanboy problem because the other highly praised story on a sony console is Horizon Zero Dawn, another mediocre story for entirely different reasons. But shit, Sony consoles have had some fantastic story games over the years so there's really no excuse except that people just see a bandwagon and get on without knowing wtf it is.

DANTENDO

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
this is not a fkin visual novel it's a stealth action game - you don't need an expert storyteller to make a game game-tlou dialogue was great and most people in the industry would agree as why the game won loads of awards in every department - the haters just hate because its just not ther type of game thers nothing wrong with the game itself

hell_night

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
About time. Fingers crossed they’ve done some polishing on the games while they delayed em..

Excited for both these games!

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TLOU had a great premise, decent story but you could tell the ending was rushed & final parts of the game were dissapointing. My hopes for TLOU2 is low.
With PS5 around the corner do I wait for GOT then or June.

DANTENDO

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TLOU had a great premise, decent story but you could tell the ending was rushed & final parts of the game were dissapointing. My hopes for TLOU2 is low.
With PS5 around the corner do I wait for GOT then or June.
Yr hopes are low lol be a bit mor upbeat mate you don't need to work for nssa to kno the game wil be first class - and obviously you read the reviews when they arrive and if its yr type of game you buy it in June

D

Deleted User

Yr hopes are low lol be a bit mor upbeat mate you don't need to work for nssa to kno the game wil be first class - and obviously you read the reviews when they arrive and if its yr type of game you buy it in June
Read the leaks. The story revolves almost entirely around virtue signaling over real-world politics, with such a heavy hand that most of the staff has quit already. It's impossible to make a genuinely good game out of propaganda. Here is the big one that will make real TLoU fans mad:
Ellie and Joel are framed as the bad guys, and they kill Joel at the start of the game.

D

Deleted User

https://twistedvoxel.com/the-last-of-us-part-2-file-size/
File Size: 2 Disc 100 Gigabyte Hard Drive space required.

https://twistedvoxel.com/the-last-of-us-part-2-resolution-frame-rate-ps4-pro/
The Last of Us Part 2 will offer support for the PS4 Pro. Recently, a developer build footage was leaked which has confirmed the resolution and frame rate for it.

The Last of Us Part 2 will offer support for 4K resolution on the PS4 Pro. However, unlike some of the other PS4 exclusives like God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn, which rendered at a checkerboard 4K resolution, Naughty Dog is continuing its approach to offer a lower resolution than 4K for PS4 Pro users.

As for the frame rate, it runs at 30 FPS on the PS4 Pro. If we had to take a guess, the rendering resolution should be 1080p on the PS4 which was the case for the two Uncharted games as well. Both PS4 Pro and PS4 run the game at 30 FPS however, this might be a different case for the multiplayer mode. It is possible that the multiplayer, that is being developed separately from. the main game runs at 60 FPS just like Uncharted 4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm starting to sound like a Tck