Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have tubehaxDNS setup?

no I never blocked anything. I've only used the 3ds online for updating emunand.

I can access eshop and it says there's an update available. I can go to system settings through eshop but I'm not sure if I'm back in sys nand at that point. it fails to update through system settings.

I did try using old eshop and eshop through homebrew launcher a few hours ago if that matters. also I have bluecardfixed installed on emunand.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
no I never blocked anything. I've only used the 3ds online for updating emunand.

I can access eshop and it says there's an update available. I can go to system settings through eshop but I'm not sure if I'm back in sys nand at that point. it fails to update through system settings.

I did try using old eshop and eshop through homebrew launcher a few hours ago if that matters. also I have bluecardfixed installed on emunand.
hmmm not sure then i had that error first time i tried to update, but turned out i still had tubehaxDNS setup in emunand, so i guess it just means it fails to connect to update server, might have been a fluke fail, try again

wiibomb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I need to set up this emunand right now for quick MHX loading since I don't have much time before I set up on a trip

is there a way to just load the reiNand to load a 10.3 emunand? without anything else, just a reiNand

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country

Does it says that you can update offline?

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could just update with sysupdater and the 10.3.0-28 update pack *extra caution is advised to ensure you update emunand as you cannot check the system settings string*

that sounds cryptic... care to elaborate on the asterisks? makes me nervous..

I don't know if it matters but I'm using a EUR n3ds in USA.

Last edited by Classicgamer,

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure what you mean there... update offline?

You can try waiting for the update nag in emunand. Make sure that you have your wifi on, put the 3DS in sleep mode while in emunand. Go somewhere for 30 minutes, then see if your N3DS has the update nag. If it has, try updating through the system settings. A text will appear at the bottom that you can update offline.

Powermad80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that sounds cryptic... care to elaborate on the asterisks? makes me nervous..

I don't know if it matters but I'm using a EUR n3ds in USA.
Basically he's saying that you can use the sysupdater to update as well, but you need to make extra sure that you're actually in emunand when doing so, since it's not really easy to tell like when you update through system settings and can just glance at the firmware version and see the little "Rei" bit.

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically he's saying that you can use the sysupdater to update as well, but you need to make extra sure that you're actually in emunand when doing so, since it's not really easy to tell like when you update through system settings and can just glance at the firmware version and see the little "Rei" bit.

oh ok, I understand now.

You can try waiting for the update nag in emunand. Make sure that you have your wifi on, put the 3DS in sleep mode while in emunand. Go somewhere for 30 minutes, then see if your N3DS has the update nag. If it has, try updating through the system settings. A text will appear at the bottom that you can update offline.

that's really simple to try. i'll definitely try that now. I'm assuming accessing eshop in emunand and then going to system settings through there is a big no no - even with autoboot to emunand set up?

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country
that's really simple to try. i'll definitely try that now. I'm assuming accessing eshop in emunand and then going to system settings through there is a big no no - even with autoboot to emunand set up?

Just go directly to system settings. No need to access the eshop (at least that's what I did). Make sure you see 'Rei 9.x.x' in your system settings before proceeding.

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just go directly to system settings. No need to access the eshop (at least that's what I did). Make sure you see 'Rei 9.x.x' in your system settings before proceeding.

I wish it were that simple. that's my problem - the progress bar stays at 0% for about 3 min than it errors out and I should press ok to restart the system.

I hope the update auto downloads while it's in sleep mode.

also I see a lot of posts saying sysupdater can cause bricks if misused, etc, avoid an earlier version.. but the links to download it I see are dead at the moment. is the latest safest version up anywhere else?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

this post will probably merge but I thought I'd ask since this is new territory for me:

it says 'ready to start system update. update now?'

do I say cancel and try through system settings or press ok at the nag?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Why did I create this." +1