Hacking Source Unverified: SuperCard Team is developing DSTwo+

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My personal favorite DS card was my ak2i. It was a DS card period. Worked perfectly and Normatt kept it quickly updated until the blacklisting crap. Luckily when all of that occurred I had already bought a scds2. In fact I had bought it before the ak2i but the ak2i was a much simpler card, and I only needed a ds card. The scds2 did a ton of extra stuff that I didn't need at the time. The scds2 became, and still is, my favorite card for ds when my ak2i quit working. I will definitelt buy one if this is true.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not overly excited about it honestly. I have a ds2 and love it, but just because they were great on the ds I feel like is getting excited about Ferrari making a minivan. Certainly not their area of expertise and who knows what it might end up being.

Reactions: gamesquest1
D

Deleted User

Not to mention it took them a few iterations of Supercard DS flashcards to get to the DSTwo result. Back in Gameboy Advance days, Supercard was utter crap. So yes, times change.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
How are there people who still believe this? Doesn't make any sense.

How so?

Feature wise:
Real Time State saving and EZ Flash 3in1 compatible to load GBA ROMs and rumble.

What did DSTwo have to offer more, besides build in GBA support when you bought a better version of it?

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How so?

Feature wise:
Real Time State saving and EZ Flash 3in1 compatible to load GBA ROMs and rumble.

What did DSTwo have to offer more, besides build in GBA support when you bought a better version of it?

Except the DSTwo has RTS and 3in1 support in addition to timely, consistent updates; onboard CPU, for superior emulation; AND a cheaper price tag, though, they've probably evened out to about the same by now. Extolling the virtues of the CycloDS got old 4 years ago.

Reactions: Adr990

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Except the DSTwo has RTS and 3in1 support in addition to timely, consistent updates; onboard CPU, for superior emulation; AND a cheaper price tag, though, they've probably evened out to about the same by now. Extolling the virtues of the CycloDS got old 4 years ago.
The DSTWOs EOS is just cheap. It's nothing compared to Wood, AKAIO or the Evolution OS (CycloDS).
It doesn't have integrated 3in1 support. With Wood or Evolution OS (CycloDS) you can run GBA games like normal DS games if you have an ez 3in1 expansion pack.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Are people still bickering about which DS flashcard is best? Both the DSTwo and CycloDS have unique features, and both are good cards.

I like my DSTwo because it allows me to play GBA games on my DSi XL. I do envy the DSi mode support of the CycloDS.

Both are great cards.

Abcdfv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are people still bickering about which DS flashcard is best? Both the DSTwo and CycloDS have unique features, and both are good cards.

I like my DSTwo because it allows me to play GBA games on my DSi XL. I do envy the DSi mode support of the CycloDS.

Both are great cards.
I know the dsi had better hardware, but did any homebrew make use of dsi mode? Or it just helps emulators mostly?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I know the dsi had better hardware, but did any homebrew make use of dsi mode? Or it just helps emulators mostly?
Very few if any homebrew. Pretty much the same as how nothing really used the DSTwo CPU aside from TempGBA and CATSFC.

I'd personally like it for use with Sonic Classic Collection, which runs at a higher framerate in DSi mode. The game was never released here in Japan so I can't use a real cart because of region locking.

But not enough to replace my DSTwo. I use TempGBA every day, so could never replace it with another flashcart.

xantoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Very few if any homebrew. Pretty much the same as how nothing really used the DSTwo CPU aside from TempGBA and CATSFC.

I'd personally like it for use with Sonic Classic Collection, which runs at a higher framerate in DSi mode. The game was never released here in Japan so I can't use a real cart because of region locking.

But not enough to replace my DSTwo. I use TempGBA every day, so could never replace it with another flashcart.
There's also a x86 emulator for running DOS that runs on the embedded DSTwo MIPS (DS2X86 if memory serves), it was really awesome. Running the DSTwo version vs. the regular DS version of that homebrew was all the difference. Could play some Prince of Persia and Skyroads with that, it was great even though you needed to basically write a button mapping to an ini for each game you wanted to play.

Reactions: mvmiranda

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
There's also a x86 emulator for running DOS that runs on the embedded DSTwo MIPS (DS2X86 if memory serves), it was really awesome. Running the DSTwo version vs. the regular DS version of that homebrew was all the difference. Could play some Prince of Persia and Skyroads with that, it was great even though you needed to basically write a button mapping to an ini for each game you wanted to play.

This is cool!
I didn't know that... I have a DSTwo.. I'm gonna try that :P

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not bickering, I just hate it when people spot incorrect information like DSTwo doesn't have 3in1 compatibility. AKAIO is definitely the best firmware, no debate from me there.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Good to know - didn't know that emulator also used the DSTwo hardware!

Is there a reason that no other flashcard implemented a DSi-mode? It seems strange that only one card (CycloDS) supports it even after all this time.

Abcdfv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to know - didn't know that emulator also used the DSTwo hardware!

Is there a reason that no other flashcard implemented a DSi-mode? It seems strange that only one card (CycloDS) supports it even after all this time.
I think the only real difference dsi mode has was cameras. I forget the cpu difference and ram, but I think it was marginal

Kameryn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't want to stir anything up, but whilst shopping for a DStwo (my fav last gen backup cart) I stumbled upon a curious statement from the seller:
Our last piece Supercard DSTwo Card shipped out, DS Two stocks empty now.
Supercard Team will release a new card maybe called " DStwo+ ", and will support 3DS roms.
Please check our store in the following days, we will release the news later.

- 2015/12/04

Found here:
http://www.new3dscard.co.uk/buy-cheap-supercard-dstwo-p-21.html

My heart galloped when I saw this :3... but I have no evidence beyond this statement, any thoughts?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbSORc_3_Yw