Homebrew Speeding up 3ds games on a New 3ds?

Dr. Dew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sudan
So with the old homebrew launcher, I was able to use hans to speed up some games on my new 3ds (Dragon Quest VII). Is this still possible because Hans seems to be removed from the homebrew launcher. Im also running Luma 9.0 if that helps.

cempasuchil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold select on boot to open the Luma config menu and toggle the New 3DS CPU options.

From the Luma wiki:

"New 3DS CPU: Force the higher clock rate and/or extra L2 cache even on games/applications that do not officially support it. This can have performance benefits but a few rare games have stability issues with it. There are four options:

• Off: Clock/L2 not forced, stock system behavior.
  • Clock: The New 3DS CPU will run at 804MHz instead of 268MHz even in games that are not New 3DS-enhanced if this option is selected.
  • L2: The New 3DS' extra L2 cache will be enabled for games that do not normally support it.
  • Clock+L2: The previous two options, combined.
  • Note: Clock/L2 are also toggleable once the 3DS is already booted, via Rosalina. "
"Clock" is the most similar option to what you where using in hans I think.

Last edited by cempasuchil,

Dr. Dew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sudan
Hold select on boot to open the Luma config menu and toggle the New 3DS CPU options.

From the Luma wiki:

"New 3DS CPU: Force the higher clock rate and/or extra L2 cache even on games/applications that do not officially support it. This can have performance benefits but a few rare games have stability issues with it. There are four options:

• Off: Clock/L2 not forced, stock system behavior.
  • Clock: The New 3DS CPU will run at 804MHz instead of 268MHz even in games that are not New 3DS-enhanced if this option is selected.
  • L2: The New 3DS' extra L2 cache will be enabled for games that do not normally support it.
  • Clock+L2: The previous two options, combined.
  • Note: Clock/L2 are also toggleable once the 3DS is already booted, via Rosalina. "
"Clock" is the most similar option to what you where using in hans I think.
Okay I will test that out! Thanks for the tip!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo