Hacking Spirit Tracks Fix for M3 Sakura

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you open it in an emulator and change the save type? I have no idea if it will work I'm just throwing out ideas.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you're trying this with a patched zelda then it won't work. If you're trying to run it on the new touchpod just convert it to the longest line in the target box (It has like M3 Simply, R4, Cyclo DS, Acekard2, etc. in the line).

If that doesn't work you may have to wait for the next Sakura or touchpod because I think (from my understanding of things) made a small mistake when adding Spirit tracks to the game engine.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
funem - quick question.
Are you using AKAIO 1.5 on your AK2i by any chance ?

I was stuck doing it the other way round (Originally running on M3i0 [Crack/modified ROM+sav] & wanting it use it's save on a Ak2i [Clean ROM])

Was told of option in AKAIO to 'tell' it to use a different sized sav

After Copying the M3i0 sav onto AK2i I then switched on &
>Highlighted the game & press [Y]
>Press [Y] (ROM Settings)
>Change 'Save type' from 'unknown/Auto' to '8M'
Then I started the (Clean) Z:ST & it saw my sav - & been playing it ever since on the AK2i

I have just this moment copied the AK2i sav back onto my M3i0 & started it up - it worked !! The M3i0 started from where I left off on the AK2i
(remember though this was originally a 'hacked sav' from the M3i0 put onto the Ak2i & then passed back)

So I've actually removed the AK2i sav & re-started the game (so that it creates a new 'blank' sav) - played up to getting on the train & saved,then copied it over to the m3i0
Started up the m3i0 [hacked] game & it worked !!! - the game started from the point I got on the train

I suggest you back up your existing AK2i sav before changing any options - just in case anything goes drastically wrong - change the sav size & try copying it over to the m3i0

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, sorry just read this.

I am using an AK2i with the standard OS from their website. I am using a patched copy of the ROM as well.

I will grab a spare memory card and have a mess about with it and see how it goes... Thx for the info

superbob

Trophies
XP
Country
France
With the European version :
At first it didn't worked with Sakura or TouchPod. Using the last version available (1.44X/4.7X) with a clean ROM (untrimmed) and w/o hacked savegame.
I was stuck at the first loading screen (Nintendo white screen).
I managed to make it work with TouchPod using the hacked savegame (1MB file) originally used for the USA version of the game. Save/load works fine and train controls work fine also.
Did not try with Sakura, just TouchPod.

Leon2457

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you so much for this fix
I haven't tried it yet, but everyone claims it works, so hopefully it should work for me too
biggrin.gif

Thanks (in advance) again!

powered_by_tux

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think I'll add my story of success.

Having read about the need of a modified save file (I disliked this idea), I opened Spirit Tracks (European) in DeSmuMe (0.9.5, works astonishingly well) and let the emulator create the save file for me. I renamed the resulting .dsv file to .sav and put it on the card, along with the rom and the latest Sakura firmware (1.44X 3rd European). All options, cheats and RTS aside, Sakura expanded the save file and the game started, loaded and saved fine. It did not hang at a first glance but I will report, if it does in progressing game play.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tried everything....

OK this is my save files

http://rapidshare.com/files/320307575/saves.rar.html

They were created with a standard AK2i firmware not AKIO.
They were done on the xenophobia hacked rom.

If anyone has the time to try and convert it or tell me how to convert it to use on an M30i with a clean ROM I would be greatful.

I have bought the original EU game and was going to upload the save to the cart in the end, but I want to play it on the M3 first.

Thanks again

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
funem said:
Tried everything....OK this is my save files

They were created with a standard AK2i firmware not AKIO. They were done on the xenophobia hacked rom.
Any chance you can upload it somewhere else - I'm not a rapidshare Premium member & there's no download slots avaliable (& I've been trying for ~1/2 hour so far)

If not I'll just have to keep trying

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
CannonFoddr said:
funem said:

They were created with a standard AK2i firmware not AKIO. They were done on the xenophobia hacked rom.
Any chance you can upload it somewhere else - I'm not a rapidshare Premium member & there's no download slots avaliable (& I've been trying for ~1/2 hour so far)

If not I'll just have to keep trying

No problem... try this at file factory

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a102602/n/saves.rar

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
funem said:
CannonFoddr said:
funem said:

Any chance you can upload it somewhere else - I'm not a rapidshare Premium member & there's no download slots avaliable (& I've been trying for ~1/2 hour so far).If not I'll just have to keep trying
funem - I've sent you a PM with a link (no pun) to a modified sav that I've tried out on a M3i0 with Sakura 1.44 3rd + Touchpod 4.7x with a CLEAN Z:ST (E) ROM which worked (bloody hell - you've got THAT far !!!) - let us know if it works with your M3i0 OK..
EDITED funem - I made a mistake in the PM. It's NOT 30days, it's only 14-days - so be quick !!!

For those who wanted to know how I did it

I loaded both funem sav (from his AK2i) and the 'modified' sav (from this thread) into a hex editor (Hxd) & copied ALL the data from his AK2i sav into the modified (larger) sav OVERWRITING the existing data, & it seemed to of worked (well on my M3i0 that is)

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
CannonFoddr said:
funem said:
CannonFoddr said:
funem said:

Any chance you can upload it somewhere else - I'm not a rapidshare Premium member & there's no download slots avaliable (& I've been trying for ~1/2 hour so far).If not I'll just have to keep trying
funem - I've sent you a PM with a link (no pun) to a modified sav that I've tried out on a M3i0 with Sakura 1.44 3rd + Touchpod 4.7x with a CLEAN Z:ST (E) ROM which worked (bloody hell - you've got THAT far !!!) - let us know if it works with your M3i0 OK..
EDITED funem - I made a mistake in the PM. It's NOT 30days, it's only 14-days - so be quick !!!

I loaded both funem sav (from his AK2i) and the 'modified' sav (from this thread) into a hex editor (Hxd) & copied ALL the data from his AK2i sav into the modified (larger) sav OVERWRITING the existing data, & it seemed to of worked (well on my M3i0 that is)

As per my PM reply, thank you so much, it worked perfectly. I don't have much time to play games, I wish I had got further but I also like doing all the side quests so it takes a while ( note the shield is the ancient shield you get for collecting some stamps, I like that sort of thing, also some side quests give you more train tracks to explore, but I digress... ) In my opinion its acts of kindness like this that drive home the community spirit of forums like these.

Again thanks

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
funem said:
CannonFoddr said:
funem said:
CannonFoddr said:
funem said:

As per my PM reply, thank you so much, it worked perfectly. I don't have much time to play games, I wish I had got further but I also like doing all the side quests so it takes a while ( note the shield is the ancient shield you get for collecting some stamps, I like that sort of thing, also some side quests give you more train tracks to explore, but I digress... ) In my opinion its acts of kindness like this that drive home the community spirit of forums like these.

Again thanks
Just read your PM reply to me & popped here to see if you read this post - Glad it worked out OK (that's another achievement under my belt
yaynds.gif
)

Oh - And have a Merry Xmas/Tempmas and a Happy new year back at ya!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CrimsonEvilDeath said:
Is there any way to get cheat codes to work on the M3 Sakura when using this fix? I have been searching all day to no avail.

I'd really like to know that, too. Everytime I activate cheats on Sakrua /M3Real) it freezes at the Ninty Logo!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @MysticStarlight, thx vivian fan