x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sharing what... in what part of my post lists i am sharing fw.img?

You linked to discord - in which you included a link to the precompiled fw.img
Fyr2T7p.png

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was a good joke. had to change img to jpg and it was a picture of a girl holding a nintendo controller in a dirty way.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Does this not work the same as the 3ds did, if you build your img up on your sd card with everything plugged in then is that not a carbon copy of your system nand on your sd card that boots into rednand CFW? what I mean is if you then take your sd card out the sd slot and then format your wiiu's systemnand afterwards, then surely does the copy on your sd card stay the same then you can just boot into rednand plug your external hard drive in then it should all work again in rednand the same as it did originally on systemnand before you formatted it? all your games should show up on rednand the same as it did before I think.

Last edited by Reecey,

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this not work the same as the 3ds did, if you build your img up on your sd card with everything plugged in then is that not a carbon copy of your system nand on your sd card that boots into rednand? what I mean is if you then take your sd card out the sd slot and then format your wiiu's systemnand then surely does the copy on your sd card stay the same then you cam just boot into rednand plug your external hard drive in then it should all work again in rednand the same as it did originally on systemnand before you formatted it? all your games should show up on rednand the same as it did before.
If you format your sysNAND, your redNAND will not be touched. You redNAND will be in the state before you formatted sysNAND, however you will still have to reformat your external drive. Drives are linked to the console, not to the NAND. So, if you format sysNAND, the console will no longer be able to read the drive (both on sysNAND and redNAND), unless you format the drive again.

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this not work the same as the 3ds did, if you build your img up on your sd card with everything plugged in then is that not a carbon copy of your system nand on your sd card that boots into rednand CFW? what I mean is if you then take your sd card out the sd slot and then format your wiiu's systemnand afterwards, then surely does the copy on your sd card stay the same then you can just boot into rednand plug your external hard drive in then it should all work again in rednand the same as it did originally on systemnand before you formatted it? all your games should show up on rednand the same as it did before.

I believe you are correct. But I haven't tried formatting my sysnand so I can't verify what you're saying.

EDIT:

If you format your sysNAND, your redNAND will not be touched. You redNAND will be in the state before you formatted sysNAND, however you will still have to reformat your external drive. Drives are linked to the console, not to the NAND. So, if you format sysNAND, the console will no longer be able to read the drive (both on sysNAND and redNAND), unless you format the drive again.

So how is the hdd linked to the console if not in some value in the nand?

Last edited by x65943,

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
But does the 3ds not work the same way? because you could take your sd card out of the slot format to unlink your systemnand put your sd card back in and everything was still there to use with gateway emunand.

Blundermann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Howdy. Just wanted to pitch in my experience thusfar.

Gee...I must have the only Wii U that keeps saying "SD Mount Failed" on a 64GB card...UGH!!
Firstly, I had this exact same problem. Sorry for the late response, but better late than never! I was so genuinely confused because I used this 64GB SD for all my Wii U stuff in the past.
Head on over here and follow the part of the guide called "[SD Card Mount Failed Error] [KE17]". It's very well written and explains everything you need to do to get the card to work again.

Anyway, I just got my redNAND up and running a while ago, with a formatted sysNAND. I've had past annoyances with my 3DS's linked NANDs, so I just decided to go the unlinking route.

did you test it? and does dlcs work? can we use the games which we installed in sysnand mode? (on rednand)
In my current experience, I haven't been able to get a single unsigned thing to install on redNAND. I tried installing a Yoshi's Island GBA VC ticket that I got from that ISO site, dropped that onto uTikDownloadHelper, and WUPInstaller-AnyTitle spouted an error. Then, I used this site that was posted earlier in this thread to generate a ticket using a key from that titlekeys site, dropped it onto uTikDownloadHelper, once again to no avail.

Reactions: GamingAori

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
I believe you are correct. But I haven't tried formatting my sysnand so I can't verify what you're saying.

EDIT:

Its a shame someone cannot just test it out I don't want to do it I have to much to lose but I would like to know. I'm sure my theory should work as long as you have built your rednand up on your sd card with your external hdd all plugged in.

Last edited by Reecey,

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know. All I can tell you is my experiences when testing this. Formatting sysNAND will unlink any external drives formatted to that system.
But does the 3ds not work the same way? because you could take your sd card out of the slot format to unlink your systemnand put your sd card back in and everything was still there to use with gateway emunand.
I don't think so. I wouldn't really compare the two systems.

ThatNintendoNerd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Howdy. Just wanted to pitch in my experience thusfar.

Firstly, I had this exact same problem. Sorry for the late response, but better late than never! I was so genuinely confused because I used this 64GB SD for all my Wii U stuff in the past.
Head on over here and follow the part of the guide called "[SD Card Mount Failed Error] [KE17]". It's very well written and explains everything you need to do to get the card to work again.

Anyway, I just got my redNAND up and running a while ago, with a formatted sysNAND. I've had past annoyances with my 3DS's linked NANDs, so I just decided to go the unlinking route.

In my current experience, I haven't been able to get a single unsigned thing to install on redNAND. I tried installing a Yoshi's Island GBA VC ticket that I got from that ISO site, dropped that onto uTikDownloadHelper, and WUPInstaller-AnyTitle spouted an error. Then, I used this site that was posted earlier in this thread to generate a ticket using a key from that titlekeys site, dropped it onto uTikDownloadHelper, once again to no avail.
1. Virtual Console and eShop games don't work due to it being tied to Console ID or NNID.
2. That website you linked to is for 3DS, not Wii U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3