Jourinho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi all

By bottom screen stopped working on my 3ds xl so I tried to replace it.
After reassembly the 3ds xl wouldn't boot, i'm getting a 'stack dump'.

I guess some of the ribbon cables isn't attached correctly?
You can see the error on the photo?

Anyone can point me out where I made the mistake? Only good news is the replacement bottom screen is working.
Thanks!

Attachments

• 1682423676579.jpg
    1682423676579.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 33

Jourinho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
gpqokt4sbch61.jpg

It is similar to this, but you should fix your screens.

So the error is my top screen isn't working?
Maybe the top screen ribbon isn't attache correctly?
Could you point me out what ribbon cable could be the issue for the top screen?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the error is my top screen isn't working?
Maybe the top screen ribbon isn't attache correctly?
Could you point me out what ribbon cable could be the issue for the top screen?

Doesn't have anything to do with the top screen, you would see something similar if you have a working top screen, Im not sure on which ribbon cable, I don't have a 3ds xl, you can take a look at teardown video on youtube.

Jourinho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Doesn't have anything to do with the top screen, you would see something similar if you have a working top screen, Im not sure on which ribbon cable, I don't have a 3ds xl, you can take a look at teardown video on youtube.

Thanks for your response.
Before replacing the screen, my 3ds did boot. So I don't really think the problem is in the firmware update.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I don't really think the problem is in the firmware update.
If it's not reading your SD card, and you have an outdated version of Luma on your NAND, then that is a very common source of that error.

For SD card problems, the usual steps are to copy everything off the SD card (Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier is recommended), format the card, test the empty card with h2testw, and then copy everything back if the test is okay.

Jourinho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If it's not reading your SD card, and you have an outdated version of Luma on your NAND, then that is a very common source of that error.

For SD card problems, the usual steps are to copy everything off the SD card (Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier is recommended), format the card, test the empty card with h2testw, and then copy everything back if the test is okay.

Thanks for your help Kwyjor!

I opened the 3DS again and attached every ribbon again properly. No idea where it went wrong but now it just boots correctly.
So happy it's working again!!

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I opened the 3DS again and attached every ribbon again properly. No idea where it went wrong but now it just boots correctly.
So happy it's working again!!
Glad you got it working again. Make sure you update your Luma to keep this from happening in the future. (If you copy the latest boot.firm to your SD card, it should update the copy on the NAND automatically.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious