Gaming Others Starfield leaker arrested for allegedly stealing review copies and streaming gameplay

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
so did he leak the actual game on the net if no what a loser that even worse doxing yourself and not even giving up the goods only videos again no sympathy anyways like i doubt it's playable on deck day 1 anyways so no loss for me
I mean Day 1 already passed for Early access :P

Reactions: SylverReZ

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Me neither. TikTok has brainwashed an entire community to doing really dumb things, and that they're not realising the serious impact it can have on other people's lives.
Ehhh... TikTok is the tool in this situation. Stupid people will always be stupid people regardless of what they have or use.

Reactions: SylverReZ

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Ehhh... TikTok is the tool in this situation. Stupid people will always be stupid people regardless of what they have or use.

Yes and no.

There have been at least some instances where social media (not necessarily just Tiktok) have very likely been the reason for people committing crimes for attention or whatever, for example, that ****.....I mean "prankster" who would go into people's homes and post the videos online.

Although in cases such as the games thief, chances are the (alleged) crime probably would have happened anyway and they're just morons for posting it online.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Yes and no.

There have been at least some instances where social media (not necessarily just Tiktok) have very likely been the reason for people committing crimes for attention or whatever, for example, that ****.....I mean "prankster" who would go into people's homes and post the videos online.

Although in cases such as the games thief, chances are the (alleged) crime probably would have happened anyway and they're just morons for posting it online.
No, there is no "gray area" here. "Social media made me" does not hold up in the court of law. People are fucking stupid and will continue to be fucking stupid regardless of the tools at their disposal.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reminds me of the person streaming LGPE a week early on twitch and didn't dump it people got so salty and mass reported him makes you wonder if he did i think the guys punishment ban would've been much later on though nintendo ninja's would assassinate him

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
No, there is no "gray area" here. "Social media made me" does not hold up in the court of law. People are fucking stupid and will continue to be fucking stupid regardless of the tools at their disposal.

My post was meant to be less "social media made me" and more "I did it for social media".

I agree that it's the individuals responsibility, but I also suspect that several of the things I've seen over the years wouldn't have happened if social media didn't exist, such as the example I gave where getting social media attention was very likely their primary goal and I doubt they'd have done it otherwise.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LMAO, apparently weed is still illegal in Tennessee even in the year of our lord 2023. They're missing out on those sweet Mary Jan taxes.

Also dude has been stealing stuff from his work place's warehouse for awhile. Not to mention he's a fraking idiot in general.
Without getting politcal at all here I love the fact that the lead contributor that fights against its legalization is a prison that is for profit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone