Steam deck is not a flop

Taleweaver

Storywriter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Source: https://www.theverge.com/23027375/steam-deck-sales-numbers-figures-best-selling

Unless I'm missing something(and i do read up roughly everything about this device), this is the first article about the amount of sales. Speculative, of course, but based on data.

See, the steam deck had been number two on revenue income on Steam(after Elden ring) for the last four weeks, and it's now the number one.
Of course, with the deck costing way more than the average item on the platform that's not saying all that much, but when compared to Elden ring's sales price and amount on pc, I'm... Guessing around half a million steam deck units have been shipped (six million ring sales on pc with the price of the deck roughly 8 less higher, and with some compensation because it was lower in sales).

Seeing how slow some queues are going, it's likely that most of the preorders (994'000) will go through... And that's not taking the fact into account that quite some regions are(were?) excluded... And of course that after all that have gone through, others might buy one (as in software, not everyone preorders).

So... Perhaps(probably) still too early to really call it, but at the very least it has all the indications of it becoming a hit. :)
(yes, i know this might sound obvious... But i'm wary of being blindsided as a fanboy of a selective reality)

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Anything north of 100K orders at launch is definitely a hit in the context of a portable system, be it console or PC. Surprisingly they got the most orders by far for the 512GB model.

I doubt it'll ever be as "user-friendly" as Switch, but an anti-Switch is exactly what a lot of people wanted too. A tinkerer's paradise.

Reactions: Taleweaver

Taleweaver

Storywriter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Anything north of 100K orders at launch is definitely a hit in the context of a portable system, be it console or PC. Surprisingly they got the most orders by far for the 512GB model.

I doubt it'll ever be as "user-friendly" as Switch, but an anti-Switch is exactly what a lot of people wanted too. A tinkerer's paradise.
Hard to say... It's a different sort of launch as other handhelds or even systems. Those were produced in advance and some almost instantly on a launch day. This rolling rollout (by lack of a better word) makes it hard to say anything. I mean... We don't know how much mails valve sends out, so if it wasn't for its place in the ranking it could very well be artificial shortage ("we're sending the units out as fast as we produce them". *sends out three mails each Monday* :P).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: