Steam walks back decision to ban visual novel after fan outcry, Chaos;Head Noah now available

dsaasd.png

Less than a week before the game's launch, Spike Chunsoft canceled the PC version of Chaos;Head Noah, a visual novel that fans had been waiting years to see translated. This was due to Steam determining that the game needed "guideline-required changes", which Spike Chunsoft refused, as they believed it would result in a subpar release of the game. Now, the apparent fan outcry of the cancellation got Steam's attention, as Valve has decided to re-examine Chaos;Head Noah and allow its release on Steam, a complete turnaround from its original stance. Valve also stated that they'll be looking into why this happened, and have "made some changes to avoid situations like this in the future".

Chaos;Head Noah is now available on Steam, as originally scheduled, with a price point of $24.99, alongside the Nintendo Switch port of the game, which was released with no issue.

:arrow: Source

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm surprised Steam went back on their decision ultimately, it was probably both the ban getting a fair amount of coverage not only on English sites but Japanese sites plus the game being rated and released on consoles before and it having nothing explicit to begin with. Plus Spike Chunsoft being a fairly large and respected publisher.

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But they still banned the horror game Devotion because it once contained a hidden reference comparing Chairman Xi to Winnie the Pooh. The reference was removed, but the Devs have been blacklisted regardless. Insulting Xi is the ultimate sin.

OldSchoolGamer86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to say that I am a fan of and enjoy Japanese style Anime Visual Novels, Dating Sim style games, as well as Japanese Adventure style games like Root Letter for Vita as an example of a newer one, though better examples I would say would be Galaxy Fraulein Yuna 1,2,and 3 for PC-Engine CD-ROM² Super CD eng patched, Bubblegum Crash PCE Hu-Card eng patched, Phantasy Star 2 Adventure for Sega Mega CD English Patched etc.

I have waited my whole life to see VN/Dating Sim/Adventure style games especialy with Anime in my case as I personally myself anyway prefer my games especially turn based or action JRPGs of all kinds, arcade genre games like 2D Beat em' Ups, Shmups, and Arcade Racing games or even Densha De Go!....its about damn time that Visual Novel, Dating Sim, and Adventure style games that have been popular in Japan since the 80s are FINALLY getting attention here in NA...though as this is the land of the obscenely prude and very illogical as well as people who push their beliefs and ideals, as well as values etc. in soo many ways onto most everyone and it ruins what would otherwise be a good experience it doesnt shock me its taken this long sadly to say.

Very sadly in this and every case INCLUDING but not limited to video game(s)(as games ARE an artform) CENSORSHIP should never be applied to art as that goes against freedom of expression and so on. It should NEVER be taken so lightly as to seem like its RARE for something to appear in its entirety especially something where the content is not only rated by an official pannel(I mean HONESTLY, I wont ever see whats wrong with something being rated for Adults, as like...it really shouldn't surprise anyone that adults are a very large part of the gaming population and adults can watch not rated or whatever movies or shows, so IMO it goes without saying adults should be able to have the option with games available to just them with the content and or themes or whatever.

Its honestly nuts and blows my mind. Video Games/Gaming has existed now for over 40 years and in the early 90s I believe was when game content was made into a big issue and despite all thats taken place theres been no positive advancement, just stagnating, and people are still complaining over nothing, and companies are also still showing how regardless of the actual date changing, the "current and or most commonplace views and shit stay the same, out of date, and very sadly dont change.

I got Steins;Gate and Chaos;Child Vita and love them both....I am really enjoying Chaos;Child and while it is very depressing even the PC releases of Chaos;Head NOAH is censored but thank god for all the great people who are working to get Chaos;Head NOAH released as it should be with all the content intact.

You don't tell nor for good reason can expect a novelist to change his or her story they wrote because of the content of the story....if its full of say "graphical description's" or wording or terminology some may like they can choose to read, or skip the book itself or the parts they didnt like simply because they are "easilly offended" or "put off" or whatever else the excuse is. The book still exists....maybe theres a reprint or a toned down version perhaps though im sure most authors would take exception to being told to change their story/artform or content.

I am enjoying Chaos;Child a good deal so I do hope Chaos;Head's Uncensored translation goes well even if I cant play it. I do hope to understand C;C a lot more/better sometime.

Sorry for length of the post and Thanks to all putting effort into any projects to uncensor something that never should have been in the first place!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1