PCSX2 HD texture pack group

Steamdeck and Aethersx2 compatibility

Panda_Venom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I get a lot of messages that some HD packs are not working or very glitchy on Steamdeck and Aethersx2 (or any non-PC/Windows version of the emulator). Yes I know about the problems.

So, until the devs fix the bugs, the Steamdeck and Aethersx2 are NOT SUPPORTED! And please do not ask me to fix my packs (or others' packs) for those devices, because I can't (I don't have steamdeck), and I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

Some tips that may help (or not):
- Do not use native resolution, set at least x2 or x4 in the emulator graphic settings
- Delete large DDS files (8-16MB)
- (Aethersx2) Convert the packs to png with Xnconvert (easy to use)
- Use Vulkan or OpenGL api and do NOT use Dx9 or Dx10!

notsupported.jpg

Last edited by Panda_Venom,

Panda_Venom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
can you give some examples of which games, i havent encountered any issues using hd packs on the deck.
Random, really. Any random HD pack works fine for some people, but others don't.
I can't debug those problems because I don't have steamdeck, and never tried aethersx2.

kkmasters

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good to know, cant speak for aethersx2, but every hd pack ive downloaded from this site yours and others has worked perfect for the deck. not sure if its a glitch, or they dont have it configured correctly . all that to say thank you for your hard work. also maybe skygunner one day please. (just putting that out into the universe)

Reactions: Fenwicke

Trixarian

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
With AetherSX2 is may just be people trying to use large texture packs on phones with 4GB of memory or less. I recommend having at least 6GB of RAM before even considering the use of HD texture packs

Reactions: yumzion90

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: