Steins;Gate 0 Coming West on PS4 and PSVITA in 2016

SteinsGate0-Ann.jpg
The sequel to the highly-acclaimed visual novel, Steins;Gate, will be hitting western shores sometime in 2016. Both North American and European localizations by were confirmed today by PQube. There will be a PS4 and PSVITA version of the game.

Steins;Gate 0 is the follow up to the award-winning and chart-topping Steins;Gate – the sci-fi time travel visual novel that took the west by storm just last year. There’s a reason everyone loves it so much. Steins;Gate 0 is more than a simple sequel, instead exploring a branch of one of Steins;Gate’s alternate endings. Okabe and the Future Gadget Lab members, along with new characters, star in this story about AI and the creation of something called “Amadeus” – which can allow you to interact with the store memories of another person. We’re loving what we’ve seen so far!

:arrow: Source

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that I've read the whole article.. aren't they charging way too much compared to previously released VNs.
Why, in your opinion, are VNs worth less than other games? I think Steins;Gate (the original one, since I can't judge 0 until I've played it) is much more worth it than any generic AAA shooter or whatnot.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully, an anime will spawn from this.
The Steins;Gate 0 (シュタインズ・ゲート ゼロ Shutainzu Gēto Zero?) anime is an adaptation of an upcoming spin-off visual novel by the same name that is being marketed as a "true sequel" visual novel, as opposed to being a fan disc.

...The visual novel is slated for release on December 10th, 2015.[1][2] And, on March 28th, 2015, Chiyomaru Shikura, executive director of Mages. Inc., held a TwitCast, in which he announced that the visual novel's anime adaptation has already been greenlit.[3] Currently no broadcast date has been announced.

Reactions: Chary

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For me, playing (reading?) a visual novel while out and about is a no go. The best part of visual novels is the way that they, at least the good ones, totally engross me in their story. I wouldn't be able to fully enjoy them if I had to hear various background noises, including but not limited to coworkers, various randos, the buzzing of machinery, etc. It'd be especially bad if I was at a really important part of the story and then had to go back to work or what-have-you. Or... if a moment similar to the one in Steins;Gate happened... you know which one I mean. The one that would make me start bawling like a little girl while everyone around me turns their head and stares... poor *insert character's name here*...
Long live to Bose QC25, they kind of let me enjoy games without background noises being annoying.
And also, long live to Germany, for some reason people here are very quiet even in public places/transportation and also seem to not give a fuck about what you do, so it would be rare for anyone to come and look at your screen or annoy you asking why are you sobbing or smiling "randomly", etc, not even kids... perhaps they are just thinking "oh, a crazy guy, leave him alone don't get near to him". That is great (perhaps just for a socially-unskilled-sycho like me probably, but hey I love it).

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long live to Bose QC25, they kind of let me enjoy games without background noises being annoying.
And also, long live to Germany, for some reason people here are very quiet even in public places/transportation and also seem to not give a fuck about what you do, so it would be rare for anyone to come and look at your screen or annoy you asking why are you sobbing or smiling "randomly", etc, not even kids... perhaps they are just thinking "oh, a crazy guy, leave him alone don't get near to him". That is great (perhaps just for a socially-unskilled-sycho like me probably, but hey I love it).
Yeah, unfortunately I can't use any headphones that cancel out noise because I have tinnitus and the pressure caused by them is rather painful. I should probably move to Germany because of that, so I can enjoy my tuturu's in peace.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, unfortunately I can't use any headphones that cancel out noise because I have tinnitus and the pressure caused by them is rather painful. I should probably move to Germany because of that, so I can enjoy my tuturu's in peace.
Oh hell, just got the urge to replay some Steins;Gate for some tuturu dosage.
You see what I mean, I miss portability. That or installing it on my workplace computer, but I think that would be asking out loud for a reprimand. So better not.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh hell, just got the urge to replay some Steins;Gate for some tuturu dosage.
You see what I mean, I miss portability. That or installing it on my workplace computer, but I think that would be asking out loud for a reprimand. So better not.
Install it onto a flashdrive. Or bring a laptop that you hook up to your workplace monitor so it looks like everything's normal.
I want to get into this series but I don't know whether to buy the game or watch the anime. What do you guys think?
Definitely read the visual novel first. It's way more detailed, but that's true for all manga/VN-based anime.
Is the rumour that the PS4 version will include a remaster of the original Steins;Gate true?
The official website for Steins;Gate 0 announced on Wednesday that first printings of the upcoming visual novel's PlayStation 4 edition will come with a download code for an HD remastered version of the original Steins;Gate on PlayStation 4. There are no plans to sell the HD port separately
If it's on the official site then it has to be true, but I can't read Japanese so I can only quote people who can. Although... this may not apply to the localized version.

Last edited by Pedeadstrian,
Reactions: Lucifer666

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope they put it on ios/android. A paid version, preferably. Recently played Amnesia on my phone and damn visual novels look and feel amazing. (on mobile devices, I mean)

I hope this becomes a thing.

I want to get into this series but I don't know whether to buy the game or watch the anime. What do you guys think?
Doesn't really matter, in my opinion. I watched the anime and I still have interest in playing the visual novel.

From what I understand, the anime has the "true ending". The visual novel actually has five types of endings and all the anime does is bring you straight into the best possible ending.

Last edited by Pluupy,

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is pretty cool I guess, though it makes me want Chaos;Child to get a localization (somebody might fan translate the PC version) and it kind of bugs me that Chaos;Head NOAH didn't get an official or fan translation.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*crosses fingers for Lukako being replaced with Rukako*
I could be wrong about this, but it seems like the change was forced in the first place by 5pb or someone on the Japanese side. The original fan translation used Rukako but it was replaced in the official one, which pretty much just used a cleaned-up, generically-branded (Dr P, IBN, etc.) version of the fan translation (although any graphics in the PS3/PS Vita version were retranslated from the PC release, probably due to differing resolutions). I can't find the source on this, though.

Anyways, don't get your hopes up either way.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could be wrong about this, but it seems like the change was forced in the first place by 5pb or someone on the Japanese side. The original fan translation used Rukako but it was replaced in the official one, which pretty much just used a cleaned-up, generically-branded (Dr P, IBN, etc.) version of the fan translation (although any graphics in the PS3/PS Vita version were retranslated from the PC release, probably due to differing resolutions). I can't find the source on this, though.

Anyways, don't get your hopes up either way.
Yeah, Rukako was mistranslated in the fanslation of Steins;Gate for PC, so it's only natural that the official translation of Steins;Gate to have the accurate spelling of the character's name. Of course, that also means it's only natural for the official translation of Steins;Gate 0 to have the accurate spelling of the character's name as well. I'm not getting my hopes up, but a man can wish upon a star(dust handshake), can't he?

Also, that bit about the generic brands in the official translation is certainly interesting. I'm curious as to how the brands were portrayed in the original Japanese release. I mean, Kyouma just isn't himself without Dr Pepper.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious