SHADOW_MAEL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is my first topic, sorry for my english in advance

I was trying to do a test translation of Steins;gate just for fun, I ended up getting so carried away that almost translating the entire prologue is chapter 1,But!!! There was a problem, the game font does not support some Brazilian characters such as ç,ã,á,ê.

While I was looking in the game files to find where the font was but even looking on the internet I couldn't find anything about these formats from file

Screenshot_20221227-220533.png

These were the files I found inside Font.AFS, in the file "RFMSG10.FNT" right at the beginning of the header it says "Font" but not in the others

Does anyone know how I could add characters to this font? Or how to modify the ones that are already in it

I left the files pinned to this message so you can see them too... Sorry about my English again

wings110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my first topic, sorry for my english in advance

I was trying to do a test translation of Steins;gate just for fun, I ended up getting so carried away that almost translating the entire prologue is chapter 1,But!!! There was a problem, the game font does not support some Brazilian characters such as ç,ã,á,ê.

While I was looking in the game files to find where the font was but even looking on the internet I couldn't find anything about these formats from file

View attachment 344703
These were the files I found inside Font.AFS, in the file "RFMSG10.FNT" right at the beginning of the header it says "Font" but not in the others

Does anyone know how I could add characters to this font? Or how to modify the ones that are already in it

I left the files pinned to this message so you can see them too... Sorry about my English again

Last edited by wings110,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If this thread is still valid - FNT is a generic type name for font files. On its own it means nothing (for example NeXAS engine also stores fixed width fonts as FNT)
You should look up for font unpacker for MAGES engine since this game is using it. Dunno if Committee of Zero did some tool to edit fonts or not since many games they were working with are using MAGES engine.

SHADOW_MAEL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Se este segmento ainda for válido - FNT é um nome de tipo genérico para arquivos de fonte. Por si só, não significa nada (por exemplo, o mecanismo NeXAS também armazena fontes de largura fixa como FNT)
Você deve procurar o descompactador de fontes para o mecanismo MAGES, pois este jogo o está usando. Não sei se o Committee of Zero fez alguma ferramenta para editar fontes ou não, já que muitos jogos com os quais eles estavam trabalhando estão usando o mecanismo MAGES.
não sabia disso, vou dar uma olhada

I had tried before but they said that the way the font worked was different

RedCode

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi. Sorry about my English. I can help you with the fonts. There is no support for these ç,ã,á,ê characters in the game. But I can change the existing symbols to ç,ã,á,ê.

SHADOW_MAEL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Don't worry, I don't speak English that well either, my friend.
I would be grateful, but I think it would be better for you to teach me because in my language there are a total of 9 accented letters that is 18 letters

Thank you so much for replying, you seem to be my hope

RedCode

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Don't worry, I don't speak English that well either, my friend.
I would be grateful, but I think it would be better for you to teach me because in my language there are a total of 9 accented letters that is 18 letters

Thank you so much for replying, you seem to be my hope
I'm doing a translation into Russian now, one of these days I'll be able to make fonts for you. There will be instructions on how to do it. The photo is proof of that!
1686597361781.png
1686597307731.png

SHADOW_MAEL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm doing a translation into Russian now, one of these days I'll be able to make fonts for you. There will be instructions on how to do it. The photo is proof of that!View attachment 377528View attachment 377531
This is amazing good luck my friend
When do you intend to share the method you used to modify the font? And where will you post?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER