Most perverted person in GBATEMP
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I decided to post my guide on how I convert the videos to make them play well in my opinion in the dstwo iplayer

What’s needed?
A dstwo with the iplayer plugin
A video converter I use total video converter.
And a ds XD.

My Grammar error are brutal i know
cry.gif

captur12.jpg

First the obvious thing is too choose the video file you want to convert. As you can see my video file haves a resolution 1280 X 720 Dstwo I players won’t play it well so that means I have to convert it. You should convert any video that is over 256 x 196 but them again I seen 320 x240 that work well.

captur13.jpg

I am using to convert my video EM Total Video converter is my standard converter and I use it in my dpg conversion too I just drag and drop the file them I go to settings which is highlighted by the number 1 in the picture .

captur14.jpg

Sound TAB
Wen you press settings you get this window and you begin in the audio tab now i will edit the audio so it will work well in my dstwo iplayer.

First you go to where it says Sampling rate you should use a custom one I like to use 32000 the ds haves shitty sound so not a lot of effort should be put here them you go to bit rate someone say in the forum to use 64k I call BS I say you should use 160k and them if you want you can amplify the volume I never use it but is there.

captur15.jpg

Video Tab
Well now we are on the video tab here we will start with the codec I ike to use Xvid but you’re welcome to use any you want as long as it works but to me Xvid works best them we move to the frame rated because this is the dstwo you can use a high the frame rate I like to use 20 to 24 frame per second in the ds but you can put what you feel is best them we go to the bit rate here were you have to watch out a big bit rate means bigger file size this also goes for the sound bit rate I like to use 512k or less to save space but I tested more that 1000k in the dstwo and it plays ok but you can’t put radon numbers here so watch out for that.

captur16.jpg

Resolution
Now we come to the last step the Video resolution there 2 ds resolution there the 256 x 192 this one should be use for videos that are 4:3 them there the 192 X 144 resolution this one is the most use due to the fact that must videos in this age are widescreen 16:9 but you may be asking why not make all videos use the 256 X 192 resolution ? well because the video that are widescreen look ugly and were not made for it.

captur17.jpg

Press convert wait for the video to be done them drag it and drop it in your favorite video folder mine is the dpg folder them start you player and enjoy.

this video is all you have read but in motion.

Soon to be added
The know how in subtitles in the DSTWO Iplayer

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Kwigg said:
It has the same idea.

More or less

Regardless, it is different. >_>

So is Gbatemp a copy of Gamefaqs? Just because they are both game sites? Or is the PSP a copy of the DS because they are both handhelds?

Your logic is flawed stop trolling.

Also, thanks for the guide.

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thank you for posting your interpretation of a common procedure.
even though we already have one user here describing the same process, i am happy to see your take on it.

You certainly put some time in making the guide, and i am sure someone will get help from it.
Don't let the regulars here give you crap
wink.gif
At least you are contributing something for us all to enjoy.

happy new year too.

Fireballo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the DSTWO was supposed to be the cat's ass when it comes to video with boasts of supporting most formats. After looking at this tutorial I think i'll go back to using moonshell. The whole point of the DSTWO is that you don't have to convert your video files.

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i don't think the DSTWO has the power needed to resize and scale a 1280x765 movie that has 1.4 gb on 90 minutes on the fly.

Therefore, as long as computational power is not increased, you will have to convert your movies in order to get good performance.

pocchama1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fireballo said:
I thought the DSTWO was supposed to be the cat's ass when it comes to video with boasts of supporting most formats. After looking at this tutorial I think i'll go back to using moonshell. The whole point of the DSTWO is that you don't have to convert your video files.

First of all the cat's ass?

and yes the dstwo can play a wide range of common video formats with no converting but.
seeing as most movies are about 700 mb - 1.4 gb, having to stuff those onto memory cards that max out at 16 Gb is annoying to say the least.
so you can downscale the resolution or bitrate to make the file far smaller seeing as how the ds has a screen of 256 x 196
those huge resolution files are a bit unnecessary.

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think the OP made a little mistake:

It says: "there the 192 X 144 resolution this one is the most use due to the fact that must videos in this age are widescreen 16:9"

The 192 should be 256 (The video demonstrates that)

Q: Hey Burton this thread is like 6 months old, why do you bump it?
A: I recently received a DSTWO and if you google about video plugins/conversion tutorials for DSTWO this thread is one of the first to appear. Besides the info here is really helpful even nowadays.

Q: The OP seems to be banned there's nothing he can do to modify the thread?
A: Maybe he is banned but a moderator has the authority to modify any post he wants even if the post wasn't made for him.

D

Deleted-236924

zizer said:
Stevetry said:
zizer said:
If convert video all the benefits of video player dstwo lost

dont you convert videos for the psp ?

i have not psp but i know there is no choice
You have two choices:

1- Convert the videos into DPG for Moonshell;
2- Convert the videos to optimize them for the DSTwo.

Either way, you will have to convert. (Note: you are not forced to convert stuff for the DSTwo — the guide just makes the video play a lot better on the DSTwo.)

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
-- Here's my guide --

Grab ffmpeg for whatever OS you have, there is probably a version for it.
Run it with the following command line options -
Code:
ffmpeg -i "input.avi" -f avi -s 256x192 -b 512k -bt 192k -vcodec libxvid -deinterlace -acodec libmp3lame -ar 32000 -ab 96k -ac 2 "output.avi"

That's it!!! It is very fast and the quality is good. Just change "input.avi" for the file you want to convert. Ffmpeg can convert almost ANY video format, from youtube to DVDs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did someone loose a leg? You're fired
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs 55gb patch for hogwarts legacy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Teslas are prob running Windows XP to this day.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    sometimes I wonder where I went wrong and why I'm so dissatisfied with my life
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Then I find myself arguing with someone on reddit about how blatantly wrong their understanding of the USB Power Delivery specification is.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    At 1 AM.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Where did I go wrong, again? 😕
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, What do you mean?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, always blame women
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Blame woke.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Blame society.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Woke isn't part of society they woke up from it
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    *spends years yelling "wake up sheeple"
    *acts shocked when they actually wake up
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Make up your mind.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean the government doesn't care? :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have no idea what you're talking about.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The government
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol jedi fallen order crashed on SteamDeck through ea play guess the deck doesn't have the force
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Well it's called the "fallen" order, not the "stable" order.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The "smooth running" order.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess they weren't lying about not being compatible
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ea play is such hot garbage for making you register per console
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Site's down again. :/
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Site's down again. :/