Homebrew Still no nds save manger

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
But what about Pokétransfer then? This app DOES read from/write to NDS save files after all.
If it is a service allowing this, then maybe you can launch Pokétransfer through HANS to get access to that service, if any.
I'm sure that this service isn't RE yet, and that would only work with some NDS games

D

Deleted-236924

I'm sure that this service isn't RE yet, and that would only work with some NDS games
What differentiates those games from others, on a hardware level?
(Unless the special infrared cartridge really functions differently from the others, different enough for it to matter here.)

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What differentiates those games from others, on a hardware level?
(Unless the special infrared cartridge really functions differently from the others, different enough for it to matter here.)
The chips, the pins functions and the save chip (maybe other differences idk)
and there is a lot of difference at software level too

TuxSH

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Could you post here the list of services accessible from PokéTransfer, please ? (it's in the exHeader iirc)
If only I had a 9.2 3DS ...

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Could you post here the list of services accessible from PokéTransfer, please ? (it's in the exHeader iirc)
If only I had a 9.2 3DS ...
I can't access my 3DS at the moment (no more battery at all), but maybe there is a decrypted CIA on that iso site

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
this might not be related at all, but Pokémon B/W/B2/W2 have a slightly modified cartridge (due to having infrared), and therefore not all DS save managers work with it. most of them do though, but they might have a special workaround for the game.

I still don't know how Poké Transfer works though, so don't take this as "only those games will work".
I doubt the infrared cartridge changes how it works to the point it makes the 3DS able to read the save file, if it would be unable to read any other DS save file.

olshrimpeyes might have a point with them being DSi-enhanced and not regular DS games, not sure. Does that even make that much of a difference?
Don't both DS and DSi-enhanced games have to run on TWL_FIRM anyway?
from what i understanded the only difference is that the IR uses the same data lines than the save, it just needed a tiny change to read the save, nothing special and unrelated to the case.

found the thread i wanted to show, heres some fun for reading
https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokemon-soul-silver-sav-to-from-cartridge-success.215641/

Last edited by migles,
Reactions: ihaveahax

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
....its 8 dollars not 80
Maybe misinterpretation. His parents do not want him/her owning one due to the fact they do not need one/do not want him/her owning one. Money isn't really a problem. It's the fact that people image flash carts as illegal or useless. Yes, I know more posts have been made about this already, but I'm just trying to state that if someone needs help and states their options, don't bend around them. Work with what they can work with or just try not to intervene.

Last edited by Ruby Gloom, , Reason: I suck with my English.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe misinterpretation. His parents do not want him/her owning one due to the fact they do not need one/do not want him/her owning one. Money isn't really a problem. It's the fact that people image flash carts as illegal or useless. Yes, I know more posts have been made about this already, but I'm just trying to state that if someone needs help and states their options, don't bend around them. Work with what they can work with or just try not to intervene.
Gave 5 options don't care anymore thread has been super derailed.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Gave 5 options don't care anymore thread has been super derailed.
Dude, I understand you were trying to help and I'm sure people are thankful for that, but you're trying to bend the options around to other things people can't work with. If he/she said they can't buy one, then they can't buy one. This thread is all about the NDS getting a Save Manager. Not about buying flash cards and save dongles. Just try to stick with the topic of the thread if you wish to help. No one here is calling you off on it.

Reactions: migles

olshrimpeyes

Your question is bad and you should feel bad
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after doing some poking around it looks like 0 NATIVE_FIRM can actually access *some* TWL_FIRM features by writing to PDN registers (as far as I know has to be carried out by the ARM11 kernel) so maybe that's how the poke transporter works. That honestly just a theory though.

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please read what I said up top I cannot get one because my parents say I don't need it

Take it from an old person. It's a parents job to say you don't need stuff and it's a kids job to sneak get it behind the parents back. Parents generally don't have your best interest in mind, they have their own best interests in mind.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow