Story-driven action-adventure game 'Dustborn' to launch in August

Screenshot_2024-03-22-16-13-09-900_com.microsoft.office.outlook-edit.jpg

Today, Oslo-based studio Red Thread Games and publisher Quantic Dream have revealed the launch date for their upcoming narrative-driven action-adventure game Dustborn. A new trailer accompanied the announcement:

Dustborn explores the power of words through the eyes of its playable character, Pax, an Anomal with the ability to weaponize language. By crafting new words, Pax is able to talk her way out of hairy situations, using her vocal power to neutralize threats and influence those around her, including her crew. Assembling, managing, and building relationships with this group of misfits – each with compelling stories and clashing personalities – will prove to be a complex task requiring Pax to carefully leverage her abilities.

In addition to the release date reveal trailer, a new gameplay overview trailer was aired:

Dustborn launches digitally August 20on PC (Steam and Epic Games Store), PS4, PS5, Xbox Series S/X and Xbox One. A physical release will follow at a later date.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Can someone explain me the hate this is getting?
It looks like another generic game with filled with forced diversity, the same style graphics used in every “narrative-driven” game since Life is Strange. It just looks like it’s going to be a solid 3/10, something that you wouldn’t be shocked to find out Sweet Baby Inc. was involved with

Last edited by The Catboy,

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
It looks like another generic game with filled with forced diversity, the same style graphics used in every “narrative-driven” game since Life is Strange. It just looks like it’s going to be a solid 3/10, something that you wouldn’t be shocked to find out Sweet Baby Inc. was involved with

Oh, it has a black girl as a protagonist, can't have that, can we? Geesh...

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh, it has a black girl as a protagonist, can't have that, can we? Geesh...
That seems like projection from ya, mate. People are capable of disliking a generic looking game without defaulting to racism

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yet you did, started your critique with a cliché bigot talking point.
Yes, it looks like another game with forced diversity. A feature where the only reason why there’s a diverse cast just for the sake of having of “diversity.” I fail to see why people shouldn’t criticize a practice that was only created to exploit minorities and use them as a shield. The idea of saying people are racist for disliking this has only turned the argument away from wanting better representation to “you are a bigot for disliking this.” It’s reductive and only allowed shit games to deflect their obvious problems to “you hate representation.”
And my point was about the cast as a whole, not just the main character. You made the choice to focus on the race of the protagonist.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, it looks like another game with forced diversity. A feature where the only reason why there’s a diverse cast just for the sake of having of “diversity.”

It's a fantasy title based on the US, an actual diverse country, there is no reason not to have diversity.

I fail to see why people shouldn’t criticize a practice that was only created to exploit minorities and use them as a shield.

Funny, because at no point in the trailers it seems to exploit anyone. People are just there. And you are just annoyed they are there.

Also people like to feel represented. Case being non-white and male players have been rising with it. So of course you'll see diversity, games are not made exclusively for the white male demographic anymore, even if that breaks your feeling of belonging to a special club.

The idea of saying people are racist for disliking this has only turned the argument away from wanting better representation

Alright I'll bite, what in this trailer have misrepresented anyone?

to “you are a bigot for disliking this.” It’s reductive and only allowed shit games to deflect their obvious problems to “you hate representation.”

But you obviously do. You gave absolutely no substance aside the "forced diversity" talking point on a fantasy narrative, which is ridiculous. Is the robot, the dragon, the monsters or the alien also part of the "forced diversity"?

And my point was about the cast as a whole, not just the main character. You made the choice to focus on the race of the protagonist.

So a mostly female team? So what? Or is it a guy knitting because that's gay for you?

Reactions: eviltrainer

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's a fantasy title based on the US, an actual diverse country, there is no reason not to have diversity.

Funny, because at no point in the trailers it seems to exploit anyone. People are just there. And you are just annoyed they are there.

Also people like to feel represented. Case being non-white and male players have been rising with it. So of course you'll see diversity, games are not made exclusively for the white male demographic anymore, even if that breaks your feeling of belonging to a special club.

Alright I'll bite, what in this trailer have misrepresented anyone?

But you obviously do. You gave absolutely no substance aside the "forced diversity" talking point on a fantasy narrative, which is ridiculous. Is the robot, the dragon, the monsters or the alien also part of the "forced diversity"?

So a mostly female team? So what? Or is it a guy knitting because that's gay for you?
You are twisting yourself through knots on this one. The game looks like shit and one of the reasons is because it looks like another generic game that was filtered through some “diversity organization” like Sweet Baby Inc. which can best be described as diversity for the sake of diversity. This is literally a thing that is going on in the industry right now and it’s been connected to mediocre games that have been defecting criticism by blaming random “isms.” I am not going to take apart your post because I didn’t say any of that and those are not positions I am holding. I have no issue with diverse characters, female characters, or anything like that. The mental gymnastics you are going through to project that I do is grossly incorrect.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like a garbage game just by looking at the first picture.
I believe they only made this game just to push today's western diversity bullshit nothing more.
When a trailer starts with "in a world divided by disinformation" you know it's gonna be shit.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
You are twisting yourself through knots on this one. The game looks like shit and one of the reasons is because it looks like another generic game that was filtered through some “diversity organization” like Sweet Baby Inc. which can best be described as diversity for the sake of diversity. This is literally a thing that is going on in the industry right now and it’s been connected to mediocre games that have been defecting criticism by blaming random “isms.” I am not going to take apart your post because I didn’t say any of that and those are not positions I am holding. I have no issue with diverse characters, female characters, or anything like that. The mental gymnastics you are going through to project that I do is grossly incorrect.

You're not responding because you really have no response. I don't see a Sweet Baby Inc connection btw, but for curiosity went to see what games are they involved in: Spiderman 2, Alan Wake 2, Sable, God of War Ragnarök. The statement that these games are mediocre or that diversity made them so, is the laughable part.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You're not responding because you really have no response. I don't see a Sweet Baby Inc connection btw, but for curiosity went to see what games are they involved in: Spiderman 2, Alan Wake 2, Sable, God of War Ragnarök. The statement that these games are mediocre or that diversity made them so, is the laughable part.
I am not replying because you put a bunch of nonsense into the conversation that I didn’t say nor even reflects anything I am talking about. The purpose for being SBI up isn’t because they are involved but because this looks like something they would have been involved with. I also didn’t say diversity was the reason why those games were mediocre. Again, you’ve been the one put a lot more emphasis on these issues than I am. You didn’t even bother to ask me anything and injected racism, sexism, and even homophobia into my post. Which is even more laughable. Again, you have been the one asserting my position and assuming the comments you think I am going to make without actually even knowing shit about my reasons or even slowing down to actually talk with me instead of at me.
For clarification, I am and always have been in favor of more diversity in gaming and media. I have always defended the practice of diversity. I am not in favor of diversity only being done for the sake of diverting criticism by claiming your critics are racist/sexist/homophobic, etc. and that has been something that’s been happening in gaming. This is the forced diversity that I see being used to shield shit games from criticism by using a diverse cast to deflect the blame for a shit game.
Post automatically merged:

Or is it a guy knitting because that's gay for you?
This is funny because my marriage would be same-sex if I was a still a woman

Last edited by The Catboy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto