MockyLock

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello,
this thread is following the one i started at Ubisoft forum :
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1981174-Strange-audio-distortion-on-Switch-version

Description :
I'm playing Starlink for about 40 hours now, and a strange audio issue appeared yesterday.
The sound of the game (specially FX sounds) seems to be played inside a "canister" with something like metallic reverb/echo.

So here a bit more of description :

- i own the physical game, from France.
- i bought the big DLC with every pilots, ships and weapons.
- it appeared at about 40 hours of game.
- it appeared the first time on Necrom, the last planet i discovered. All other planets are completed 100%.
- the sound seems distorded, like hearing inside a canister with metallic echo/reverb effect. Or like oldy compressed MP3.
- it affects FX sounds like explosions, ship motors, weapons, etc
- it can come and go randomly. Sometimes, if i leave the planet (still Necrom), it disappears once in space ; sometimes it remains. It can appears for a few seconds or last many minutes (dozens).
- rebooting either game or console doesn't change anything. The distortion can be here or not.
- it doesn't affect other games i booted from the console itself.
- i pulled out the cartridge and plugged it in back. No change.
- it seems to not affect the game of another user of my Switch (he discovered only the 2 "first" planets, dunno if it's related). At least for now. I am the main account of the Switch.
- it occurs both docked and handle mode
- even when the issue is "running", it doens't affect voice acting, cut scenes (even those loaded from the menu from Collection).
- I left Necrom, heading for Haven, the problem didn't came back (for now, played about 30 minutes after leaving Necrom yesterday).
- it seems to me that the console was a bit of hot when this occurs, but ...
- i never encountered this issue in any other game. The only other game i played in surround setup is Zelda BOTW. I played it for 200+ hours and never had this distortion.
- the console has almost never been played handled, 99% of its time docked.

I hope this will help in troubleshooting.
See ya !

Last edited by MockyLock,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...