Gaming Stuck/dead pixel advise

ackers

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have one tiny stuck or dead pixel (I don't know the difference) and I tried fixing it with AlexmaePixelFixer and that didn't work. I left it on for over 7hrs with the background set to white.

Is there nothing I can do? It's hardly noticeable so it's not that big a deal anyway...

roguetrip

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if its under the 30days from purchase at the store, return it, sony will not do anything for you though.

Only other option is replace the screen from a place like www.dealextreme.com

gekiwolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
roguetrip said:
if its under the 30days from purchase at the store, return it, sony will not do anything for you though.

Unless that store is gamestop.I had the same problem and they told me I had to call sony.

For the difference of dead/stuck pixel. The dead one is black and the stuck ones are in a color like white or green and wont change for example.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a question about dead pixels.
On my PSP I have a pixel that will only be white when the background is white any other time it is black, is this a dead pixel?

ackers

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh I should have mentioned I bought my PSP off a friend and he's had it for probably a year so no chance of taking that back!
tongue.gif

My pixel is weird like that as well it only shows on certain backgrounds and sometimes it looks green but most of the time it looks white. Guess I can't fix that through software/video then. Ah well it's hardly noticeable anyway.
wink.gif

ackers

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Funny you should say that cuz I uploaded a screenshot I took with my PSP using a screenshot plugin and I was about to post it here when I made the thread but then I realized the stuck pixel didn't show on my computer screen! Duuuhhhh!

Lelouch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ackers said:
Funny you should say that cuz I uploaded a screenshot I took with my PSP using a screenshot plugin and I was about to post it here when I made the thread but then I realized the stuck pixel didn't show on my computer screen! Duuuhhhh!

doh hah, can you notice it while playing games?

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Lelouch said:
what causes dead pixels and anyone have a screenshot of what it looks like?

Sometimes they just seem to occur, I've heard that they can occur when you poke/prod the screen.

Looks like what it is. Just a small pixel.

Note that if it's white on a dark/black background, it's a lit pixel. I'm pretty sure lit pixels are colours at any other time (Mine seems to be. I can't see it against any other colour), though. I have a lit one at the top corner of my screen, pretty much unnoticable and any time other than a companies splash screen that has a black background.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lelouch said:
what causes dead pixels and anyone have a screenshot of what it looks like?

an example of a Dead Pixel ...

658482vx5.jpg

They stick or die usually due to an internal fault or even by physical knocks or bangs or heat extremes either hot or cold ... It tends to be mostly LCD screens regardless of what hardware its on ....TV's/Monitors, Games console screens or portable media device etc etc there's no way to predict it or no way to stop it ...its pretty random it happens or it doesn't ... its livable if its just the odd pixel moreso if its towards the outside edge of the screen its less noticeable but middle of the screen it can be an annoyance!
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvdJmSqCmdk +1