Website
thebigboss14.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
cpittman_idiot.jpg

ps3move_accessories.jpg

QUOTE said:
File this one under things we never thought we'd put in a headline.

A man in St. Petersburg, Florida thought he could get away with robbing a convenience store if he made people think he had a gun.

Upon entering the store, 20-year-old Cameron Pittman had what police say was a Playstation controller stuffed in his pocket and tried to make employees think it was a firearm. We're assuming it was a Playstation Move controller or some sort of accessory that actually would have looked like a pistol of some sort.

Then again, we like the image of an unmistakable Dual Shock controller bulge being passed off as a weapon of force.

It's a story we can laugh about because the robbery never actually transpired and no one was injured. Pittman had apparently just robbed a nearby Subway and police were tipped off that he had entered the grocery store in question. They were able to enter the store while the attempted burglary was in process.

At that time, Cameron dropped the controller, revealing to all just how bad of a criminal he was.

Because he did not actually have a gun, Pittman will not face an armed robbery charge, but he will likely go to trial for "strong-arm robbery," which means he used extreme force to commit the crime.

Pittman was also on probation so he will face charges for violating his probation as well.

TG Daily

QUOTEStealing is bad. Personally, I think all thieves should have their gonads stomped into a little pile of goo. Cameron Pittman should be the first recipient of said punishment to remove his DNA from the gene pool. Pittman made the brilliant decision to walk into a store in Florida with a PlayStation controller of some sort stashed in his pocket, and attempted to rob the place with it.

We can assume it was some sort of Move accessory or a Bluetooth remote control since it was vaguely gun shaped. The guy hid the controller in a pocket and tried to rob the store using it. I can just see him with the thing shoved in his pocket trying to fool the clerk.

Things went bad for the thief when a cop walked in on the robbery and arrested him. Pittman is now facing charges on strong-arm robbery and violation of probation. I for one hope that is his third strike. Pittman gave up without incident.

TechnaBOB

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How is what he did stupid? (beside robbing the store in the first place)
He successfully robbed one store with his trick and got out of armed robbery charges since it wasn't an actual gun. The only "stupid" thing he did was drop the controller, but the police were already there so he would've been arrested anyways, and it's a lot better than getting shot by the police because they think you're armed. People are only saying it's stupid because he got caught, which wasn't even because of the controller. If he had gotten away with it people would just think he was a sneaky motherfucker. If anyone's stupid, it's the people that actually thought he had a gun in his pocket.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeathStrudel said:
How is what he did stupid? (beside robbing the store in the first place)
He successfully robbed one store with his trick and got out of armed robbery charges since it wasn't an actual gun. The only "stupid" thing he did was drop the controller, but the police were already there so he would've been arrested anyways, and it's a lot better than getting shot by the police because they think you're armed. People are only saying it's stupid because he got caught, which wasn't even because of the controller. If he had gotten away with it people would just think he was a sneaky motherfucker. If anyone's stupid, it's the people that actually thought he had a gun in his pocket.

Agreed! but It's SOOOO Funny!
rofl.gif
"I'm gon cap you with mah playstation controlla!"
nayps3.gif
Can we now say that Sony causes violence!

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know a cop who told me about this guy who robbed a guy with an airsoft gun and got killed over it. It's really not a good idea to try it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    that game's engine is really fucking intensive so it runs like literal shit on xbox 360 and ps3
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah I'm getting value creep again. I look at a $50 console "but for just a few more dollars you could get XYZ" and I end up considering the Steam Deck.
    +2
    like the lighting in that game was genuinely so good
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not getting dragged into that again.
    i dont get why they didn't port the one game that ran the worst on consoles, to pc
    like you port everything to pc except the one game where it would make the most sense. why. what do you gain from this
    is sega just personally fucking with me? are they laughing while watching me through my kinect camera as i get up to restart my xbox for the third time because the game froze again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Buy handhelds from five below better quality
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Valve probably going to do another refresh of the deck this fall with rog ally like specs tbh
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A smaller form factor would be nice too.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The big leap in all things tech is when carbon based chips start hitting.
    Longer battery life cooler temps and faster! What's not to like lol (probably expensive as hell)
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [checks my dildo(s) batteries, coolant and lube] :O [promptly replaces them] :D
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol not even for sale yet to public, and already sold out. I'd like to get one but ill wait for the hype to calm down.
    +1
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    I'm pretty sure I wasn't on GBAtemp at all yesterday, whenever I tried to go onto the website I got an unexpected database error
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We all teamed together and decided you needed a day off, so we blocked you.
    +1
    No one expects the database errors!!!
    +1
    Hey a thought occurred to me... If they are unexpected database errors, are there expected database errors?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, that's just a pre-order term to make the product look better it's not sold out
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never expect a website to last 24/7 it's like section 8
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Never expect a website to last 24/7 it's like section 8