Suggestion Subforum for Retro System Restoring/Showoff

Urbanshadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I believe GBATemp would benefit having representation for the retro restoration community of all sorts and I personally would love to see a place where to exchange cleaning, storaging and fixing tips aswell as maybe user provided or scans of old documentation for very old hardware videogame related. The go to place for systems that doesn't have a forum or subforum of its own, too.

Also, a showoff subforum could be great and thriving with people looking for approval or tips on improving.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I don't think we need a subforum for something as "niche" (admit it, it kind of is) as retro game console restoration, it's absolutely something I would love to see more of here. I have a big project bin of older consoles that I plan on restoring and modding, and have all of the parts to do so, I just lack the time. Fortunately, I have off of work next week and plan on cracking away at some of my restoration backlog!

I'm unsure if it'd get more traction in Other Consoles & Oldies, or General Gaming Discussion. If we made a big thread in the latter we wouldn't exclude people fixing and restoring newer consoles, too, and I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing :) If I don't find anything relevant I'll make a new thread for it some time next week and post some of the stuff I've worked on, and I'll link it here. Cheers

Urbanshadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
While I don't think we need a subforum for something as "niche" (admit it, it kind of is) as retro game console restoration, it's absolutely something I would love to see more of here. I have a big project bin of older consoles that I plan on restoring and modding, and have all of the parts to do so, I just lack the time. Fortunately, I have off of work next week and plan on cracking away at some of my restoration backlog!

I'm unsure if it'd get more traction in Other Consoles & Oldies, or General Gaming Discussion. If we made a big thread in the latter we wouldn't exclude people fixing and restoring newer consoles, too, and I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing :) If I don't find anything relevant I'll make a new thread for it some time next week and post some of the stuff I've worked on, and I'll link it here. Cheers

Absolutely niche of course. But it doesn't have to be if we don't wan't it to be niche. I mean, this is GBATemp. We are niche by design.

In fact, I am facing a medium sized restoration project and I wanted to do a big post here. Thats why this thread started alltogether. And one of my hopes were to have a more publicly exposed thing than Other Consoles & Oldies. So given your status as mod and if you give me your permission I will follow your advice and do my project post on General Gaming Discussion to seek that traction.

Hope that's ok and thank you for your time.

Reactions: Sicklyboy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1