Super Mario 3D All Stars gets new update that adds support for the new N64 controller on Switch

aaaa.png

If the Super Mario 3D All-Stars release of Super Mario 64 wasn't feeling authentic enough for you, it might now. Nintendo has put out a new update for the game, which adds support for the Nintendo Switch Online N64 controller. It goes along with the previous update that came out last year, which allowed players to use the GameCube adapter to play Super Mario Sunshine with that controller option. Of course, having an NSO N64 controller to use with the new update might be a bit of struggle, considering they're all sold out until next year.

:arrow: Source

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another thing none of the emulators were able to get right even the WIi VC was the shader used for Morpha. Every Nintendo emu has this diamond pattern were as the N64 original Looks more like an organism with blue veins. And some reason the 3DS remaster also uses the diamond pattern. They don't use the original intended design. This is a very small issue since Morpha fight is short and Morpha is small so you probably won't notice.

morpha%27s%20ball%20comparison.jpg

https://www.zeldaspeedruns.com/oot/generalknowledge/version-differences

That is weird, I was just fighting this boss on Mupen64 Next with the GlideN64 plugin, and it definitely looked close to the original N64, so that must be properly emulated on that side of things.

• Angry
Reactions: D34DL1N3R and Kioku

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
That is weird, I was just fighting this boss on Mupen64 Next with the GlideN64 plugin, and it definitely looked close to the original N64, so that must be properly emulated on that side of things.
This is where unofficial emulators excel at. Someday I want a cycle accurate emulator where every single N64 game works as it should and is what we originally saw and played back in the day. Angrylion isn't perfect yet,

Right now the best option for that is original N64 hardware. But max output is s-video which many newer tv's don't support. And many are phasing out composite inputs. So we are stuck using external upscalers with HDMI out and RGB modding N64. A lot of money to be spending on.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is where unofficial emulators excel at. Someday I want a cycle accurate emulator where every single N64 game works as it should and is what we originally saw and played back in the day. Angrylion isn't perfect yet,

Right now the best option for that is original N64 hardware. But max output is s-video which many newer tv's don't support. And many are phasing out composite inputs. So we are stuck using external upscalers with HDMI out and RGB modding N64. A lot of money to be spending on.

I just got an EON64 and Everdrive to try out, curious to see how it'll work out, as much as I love emulation, I want to try out a modern way to play original hardware. At least it won't look absolutely horrendous like composite video would. Expensive, sure, but then so is NSO Expansion Pak and having to suffer from shoddy emulation.

• Angry
Reactions: D34DL1N3R

Zajumino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once again, hypocrite much? You downtalked someone for leaving an angry emoji on your post. :lol: Can't even make this shit up.
Dude, just drop it. You're polluting the thread with worthless dialogue, and it isn't even amusing.

With that being said, I do agree.

"What is the purpose of the angry emoji, if not to be used?" -Confucius (probably)

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, just drop it. You're polluting the thread with worthless dialogue, and it isn't even amusing.

With that being said, I do agree.

"What is the purpose of the angry emoji, if not to be used?"
You know, the_randomloser had an awful lot of polluting the thread with worthless dialogue as well. Actually even more than myself. Glad you agree, but please point your finger in the proper direction.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is great for fans nostalgic about the N64 controller, but where's Mario Galaxy 2? And Mario Kart 9?

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was just a GotY Edition of the Wii U version.

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is great for fans nostalgic about the N64 controller, but where's Mario Galaxy 2? And Mario Kart 9?

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was just a GotY Edition of the Wii U version.
And yet, MK8 Deluxe is still selling like hotcakes, regularly in the top 10 in sales charts. So why should they bother making a new one when this one is still selling just fine? It’s the same thing happening with GTA V.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And yet, MK8 Deluxe is still selling like hotcakes, regularly in the top 10 in sales charts. So why should they bother making a new one when this one is still selling just fine? It’s the same thing happening with GTA V.
It's a seven year old game, no new content and the best seller since it's one of the few good racing games on the Switch.

I got tired of playing the same stages before NSO went live.

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a seven year old game, no new content and the best seller since it's one of the few good racing games on the Switch.

I got tired of playing the same stages before NSO went live.
I don’t disagree, but like I said from a business standpoint it makes 0 sense for them to make a whole new game when the old one is still making them plenty of money. Sucks for the rest of us that are ready for a new entry but them’s the breaks.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t disagree, but like I said from a business standpoint it makes 0 sense for them to make a whole new game when the old one is still making them plenty of money. Sucks for the rest of us that are ready for a new entry but them’s the breaks.
We probably won't see a new GTA either. They'd rather just milk the games they already released.

Well, I personally wouldn't mind a remaster of IV. I love Nico.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good, now i just need a NSO N64 Controller.
If Nintendo wouldn't act like a scalper, everyone could have a chance than being behind a paywall.

I'm still waiting for a new batch of GameCube controllers. Well, I have an adapter of PS2 to GC/Xbox, so if that works properly then I don't need it.

Fuckin' Nintendo and their nonsense. They should become a third party.

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If Nintendo wouldn't act like a scalper, everyone could have a chance than being behind a paywall.

I'm still waiting for a new batch of GameCube controllers. Well, I have an adapter of PS2 to GC/Xbox, so if that works properly then I don't need it.

Fuckin' Nintendo and their nonsense. They should become a third party.
And fall from glory like Sega? Lol nope

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And fall from glory like Sega? Lol nope
In Sega's... Detriment, I think they started off pretty well as a third party with the Xbox and releasing things multi platform. Not like many of the games on the platform used their hardware to its fullest. They only tumbled cause of the same issues from before they were a third party: not knowing what they're doing, especially with their franchises.

Nintendo not only fills the handheld space but also many things I don't think would transfer to other hardware. It's part of their flair. Ask for them to be better, not a third party.

Reactions: Cris1997XX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica