Super Mario Galaxy DS DEMOv3

ByteMunch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Erm... Back ontopic?
Anyway... I cant get this to work. I get to open the ROM with the file browser that comes with it and get pretty whitescreen of DEATH! ...and stuff.

OHYAR I'm using some R4i-SDHC clone thing, and I cant buy a new card coz im in UK
frown.gif

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
Freudian Lemur said:
My point was, I don't care how someone types or doesn't type. It was a joke. I'm so terribly sorry it wasted your time. But you really need to learn to chill out.

you should stop assuming. you have no idea if i'm chill, not chill, joking, serious. you don't know me at all, just as i don't know you at all. so the only conclusion is to take your comments at face value, if you will. if you had just stopped, took a step back, and considered... you might have thought "nah i won't post this because we aren't friends and my comments (while i consider it a silly joke with no meaning and isn't intended to make fun of someone’s typing habits) might be taken exactly as they are typed, which consequently was in the wrong way."

-another world
I already apologised that I didn't make it clear I was joking. I did try to show it was a joke, but I must not have been obvious enough. You need to stop caring what people say about you. Even if I was criticising you, you could have just ignored it. But your reaction was incredibly over the top.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
God you two, just end it and stop replying to each other.

SimpyDsi said:
Erm... Back ontopic?
Anyway... I cant get this to work. I get to open the ROM with the file browser that comes with it and get pretty whitescreen of DEATH! ...and stuff.

OHYAR I'm using some R4i-SDHC clone thing, and I cant buy a new card coz im in UK
frown.gif
Just wait 2 minutes at the screen. Also, it's not illegal for you to BUY the flashcarts, it's illegal for people to SELL it. It's like pirated dvd's, you won't get in trouble if you buy, only if you sell one. Plus, that law only applies to R4 currently.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Freudian Lemur said:
I already apologised that I didn't make it clear I was joking. I did try to show it was a joke, but I must not have been obvious enough. You need to stop caring what people say about you. Even if I was criticising you, you could have just ignored it. But your reaction was incredibly over the top.

who says i care? you haven't even asked me how i feel about it you are assuming based on what you are getting from my text. you haven't yet acknowledged that you understand how your typing has wasted our time. we could have spend our time discussing super mario galaxy, the nds, 3ds, gaming, retro gaming, scummvm, movies, books, life, or contemplated the existence of god! instead we are arguing the finer points of a "bad joke" as played by you.

are we having fun yet?

@BobTheJoeBob: in my state its not illegal to buy or sell them, its illegal to use them. the same is for adult movies in my state, headshop equipment, etc. its really odd but thats how they have the law structured. however, with flash kits the legalities deal with ROMs in general. its not illegal to use homebrew on them which contains no copyrighted material. although the big N has worked hard to make it seem otherwise, just read the r4 lawsuit.

as for this homebrew, i recall that the r4 sdhc clone has really bad dldi support. the first file is accessing the sd file i/o which means dldi is working. it could be that is your problem. on the acekard i receive two black screens before it finally launches.

-another world

ByteMunch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BobTheJoeBob said:
God you two, just end it and stop replying to each other.

SimpyDsi said:
Erm... Back ontopic?

frown.gif
Just wait 2 minutes at the screen. Also, it's not illegal for you to BUY the flashcarts, it's illegal for people to SELL it. It's like pirated dvd's, you won't get in trouble if you buy, only if you sell one. Plus, that law only applies to R4 currently.

OK, thanks
wink.gif

Ima go buy a DSTWO brfore it's too late...
biggrin.gif

I've been waiting a couple of minuites... nothing so far...
Maybe it's just my card...
smile.gif

EDIT: Been here 10 mins, nothing loaded... i guess i'll get a new card.

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Followed the trail and ended up here. It's well worth the read if you can understand it. It's great to see more projects coming out of spanish developers! I've downloaded this but have yet to test it out. Quite promising!

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
who says i care? you haven't even asked me how i feel about it you are assuming based on what you are getting from my text. you haven't yet acknowledged that you understand how your typing has wasted our time. we could have spend our time discussing super mario galaxy, the nds, 3ds, gaming, retro gaming, scummvm, movies, books, life, or contemplated the existence of god! instead we are arguing the finer points of a "bad joke" as played by you.

are we having fun yet?
Ok then, if you're happy to drop the subject, let's get back on topic. This homebrew is really promising. I wonder if the dev intends to continue it into something bigger? Ooh! And if Nintendo decided to make Super Mario Galaxy 3 on the 3DS, that could be really interesting!

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Lighten up, Another World. Of course, since I don't know you and I'm just another user on a geek influenced forum, I don't know if you're being serious anyway. Are you laughing maniacally while you type those serious words? I guess since I don't know you, I must take your words at face value and assume you're being too serious. And now we come back again to...
Lighten up.

Well, in any case, this does look pretty cool, but it's very much a WIP. What I really want to see is Super Mario Galaxy 3D

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Just cause i'm really cool and stuff i decided to translate all this page (This) On english, I'm sure Another World will like the changelog.

Original post taken from nds.scenebeta.com, Translated by Uzumakijl.

nds.scenebeta @ com said:
Super Mario Galaxy DS
Who said gravity couldn't be modified? Jumping, Flying, Walking on the walls, For Mario there's nothing impossible neither for a coder of this community who could adapt a part of the commercial game Mario Galaxy 3D on a 2D view, Giving this game a higher playability.
We will have to help Mario to find the energy stolen by Bowser through the galaxies.

Author: Froskito, Official Post

Super Mario Galaxy DS recreates the thematic of the commercial game for Wii, Where Mario will have to go through different galaxies going over various obstacles and enemies to reach the next galaxy and rescue the charismatic Peach from the hands of the evil Bowser.

We're upon the third demo, that's why it (The game) is being a bit more advanced, It only consists of a platform collision engine where the gravity changes depending on where we are. Despite some bugs on the movement it is well coded and it assures us a moment of enjoyment. Actually it is a proyect on development which you can follow day by day on the official post.

There are 2 hidden galaxies, if you get the first 2 stars you can enter the "Galaxia Abeja" (Bee Galaxy). Once you get the star on the "Galaxia Abeja" you can enter on the "Galaxia de Bowser" (Bowser's Galaxy) where you will have a surprise at the end which you won't like xDD

Issues loading the homebrew:

If you are having issues with loading from your flashcard the Super Mario Galaxy DS [Demo 3].nds file load the Carga Super Mario Galaxy DS.nds file instead which comes on the downloadable .rar

If you keep experiencing issues, you can use this tutorial to solve them.

Controls:

* Stylus: Movement of the star cursor.
* Pad (Right) : Moves Mario forward.
* Pad (Left) : Moves Mario backwards.
* A Button: Jump.
* Y Button: Enter the second galaxy.

Tested on the following flashcards and firmwares:

* Flashcard M3i Zero with unknown firmware (Tested by the Author)
* Flashcard M3DS Real with firmware 4.8 (Tested by the Staff)
* Flashcard TTDS/DSTT with firmware 1.17 official (Tested by the Staff)
* Flashcard TTDSi/DSTTi with firmware 1.17a12 (Tested by the Community)
* Flashcard iPlayer with firmware OS 1.3 (Tested by the Community)
* Flashcard Ez-Flash Vi with firmware 101 (Tested by the Community)

If you have a combination of Flashcard/Firmware which doesn't appears on the list, test it and comment if it worked or not. We'll happily add it to the news post.

Demo Version 3 (Changelog)

Upgrades taken from the original post by the author.

* Menus added (Intro).
* Credits added.
* Better graphics.
* Intro with story and prologue.
* Small Gif sequence on the intro.
* Changed upper screen image.
* Upgraded some graphics to have a 3D effect.
* Now the menu says Super Mario Galaxy DS.
* Added x3 lives.
* Added "polvo estelar" (Star Dust).
* Upgraded the "Cursor Estrella" (Star cursor).
* The lives now are sprites without PAlib font.
* Finished 3rd Galaxy.
* The Planetarium now has 3 avaliable galaxies.
* Added counter for stars.
* Added counter for "polvo estelar" (Star dust).
* 3rd Galaxy now must be unlocked.
* Mario can transform into bee.

EpicJungle

stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I never have faith in these homebrew :|
It gets better and better...

Then...

BAM
It's abandoned.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Crazzy1 said:
I never have faith in these homebrew :|
It gets better and better...

Then...

BAM
It's abandoned.

like warcraft tower of defence ds
frown.gif
it was supposed to have multiplayer and much more but *DEAD*

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gracias uzumakijl, I was hoping you might come across that page and give it a translate it properly deserves! Makes a bit more sense to me than it did before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp