Gaming Super Mario Galaxy - Hardest Stage?

HyperShadow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malta
I've got 89 stars now and I've just spent hours trying to complete the daredevil comet for Melty Molten Galaxy!! WOW completing that stage with just 1 health was tough .... all that lava!!!!
I think the final bowser stage was also really tricky, avoiding all those giant bullets. I think I probably completed it through sheer luck, not skill - I'm dreading having to replay through it after I complete the purple coin stages now.

What do you guys think is the hardest stage?

Raze1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hmmm... I think the Daredevil run against Bouldergeist, Dreadnought Galaxy and the Battlerock Galaxy were the hardest.

You can compare them to tic-toc-clock from SM64 ^^
I was unable to beat this stage at the age of 10 and i'm sure my 11yr old brother isn't able to beat the galaxies i mentioned above.

King Zargo

I'm a Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
I already have all stars way to EZ
frown.gif

I wish it was harder. But on Luigi mode there are some cool daredevil runs the opponent will also use the super jump.

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Currently getting my ass kicked on the purple coin run on the toy level (can't remember the galaxy name).

You're on a stage shaped like Luigi, and it's filled with the disappearing and rotating platform. Having quite a time, I usually can't even get close. Pretty tricky.

For the guy that said daredevil on Bouldergeist. I agree completely. That one took me quite a few tries.

HyperShadow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malta
wow daredevil on bouldergeist didn't take me any time at all for some reason - a couple of tries and that was it (I won't go so far as to say the entire game was "too EZ" (!!!)). But I guess one of my main weaknesses is lava levels!

Oh dear but I haven't yet tried the toyland purple coin stage....

Also I have to say these purple coin stages seem way harder than the 3 green star stages. I managed those pretty quick considering, although they WERE hard as hell and I feel I was just super lucky most of the time. I was quite annoyed that there was no prize or even a note of recognition for finishing those 3 stages.

And I didn't know there'd be any differences by playing as Luigi! Suddenly it all seems worth the masochistic torture I'm putting myself through by repeating try after try after try. This game is so awesome.

mackem

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
And I didn't know there'd be any differences by playing as Luigi! Suddenly it all seems worth the masochistic torture I'm putting myself through by repeating try after try after try. This game is so awesome.

What are the differences for us mere mortals that will probably never get 120 stars?

I agree about it's awesomeness. If you don't like SMG then you simply don't like video games.

HyperShadow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malta
ok, now I have to confess something. This is technically THE first mario game I have ever played fully. I've always been a Sega fanboy through childhood and boycotted Mario purely due to the Sega-Nintendo rivalry. As a result, I've never played SM64.
Now I have the chance to play it (thourgh Virtual console or PC emulated), do you think it's worth getting into nowadays? How has it stood the test of time?

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok, now I have to confess something. This is technically THE first mario game I have ever played fully. I've always been a Sega fanboy through childhood and boycotted Mario purely due to the Sega-Nintendo rivalry. As a result, I've never played SM64.
Now I have the chance to play it (thourgh Virtual console or PC emulated), do you think it's worth getting into nowadays? How has it stood the test of time?

Mario 64 is an awesome game. Hard to say how it's held up though because it was the first N64 game I ever played. I remember it being magical, seeing Mario in 3-d. I'd been playing since the NES days, so I was and still am quite a Nintendo buff. From someone who hasn't played much Mario though, I'm not so sure it would be tops on your list, but it is a lot of fun.

@mackem

I think it has something to do with playing as Luigi, and there being different physics, as I think his jumping is different.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it seems that when I run with luigi it's harder to control him. The way his top half is leaning back like he is out of balance. I don't think i'll play the whole game again as luigi. At least not for a long time.

noisehole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
definitely the purple coin level in the toy galaxy. took me like 40 tries to make it.
at first, i felt relieved when i got 100 coins. finally made it! but that feeling quickly vanished as i realized there are no platforms left to get to where the star pops up...
then i had to do it all over again, this time with a path to make it to the star. after alot of wasted lives later i succeeded. got many coins and was standing where the star should be, but only then i noticed i only got 98 coins - d'oh, no star for me.
eventually i beat the bastard working at ninty as a level designer, but damn that was a fine and tricky level.

some others were tricky too, but after getting all 120 stars i found +90% of the levels way too easy.

oh here's a vid of the mean level i found on youtube (warning: spoiler)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vtXvuN1t-yE

so is anyone actually playing all 120 level with luigi again?

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had trouble on the Honeybee Purple coin level. All the coins are scattered throughout the stage and when you fall off, you have to collect all 100 over. I had got all 100 coins too, and died right after
sleep.gif

noisehole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Now I'm too scared to even keep going now.

I'm at 95 stars and just did the "center of the universe" bit for the first time. I thought bowser was ridiculously easy to beat. I lost 3 health (from the 6-health mushroom) during the first bit where he rolls around as a rock. But once I figured out what to do, he was a breeze and I finished with 3 health. I expected another fight after it showed him coming up from the lava on the rocks. Was kind of disappointed, but kind of relieved too.

The daredevil Boulderfist fight was tough, but I thought it was fun. The other daredevil boss fights were too easy.

The one that I really got stuck on for a while was the fiery dino-piranha-thing. With the original one in the egg galaxy, I always just ran the opposite way to get it to stop chasing me. But the fiery one runs too fast, so it took me a while to figure out how to keep it from catching me.

I do intend to get all the stars at some point, but for now I'm gonna take a break and catch up on some other games I've neglected, such as God of War II and Zack & Wiki.

Shinster

Trophies
XP
Country
The purple coin level in the toy galaxy. Almost wanted to break my wiimote but I eventually finished it.

Cool thing when you unlock Luigi he shouts "Super Luigi Galaxy!"

tongue.gif

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Agreed on the Luigi Purple coins level here. Insane. Thanks for posting the video. Gives me some ideas on how to beat it anyway.

Just got my 120th star. Definitely the hardest stage was Luigi's Purple Coins in the Toy Galaxy. Second place is probably the Daredevil comet in the Melty Molten Galaxy.

Gonna play as Luigi next! Yay!

ProdigySim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished Luigi's Purple Coins, and it was pretty hard. Watching that video of the guy getting 150 coins helped, though.

I still can't beat the damned rollerball trial galaxy. For me, that's the hardest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Economy was better under Trump, according to Fox News.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I don't give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if your shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    A Far Right news service company
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if our shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +2
    @Veho, didn't need any news. Just going to the store and buying groceries is a constant reminder.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @Veho, didn't need any news. Just going to the store and buying groceries is a constant reminder.